Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

No new Oasis album or Posts for five years

...by then he'll be nearly 50...

i look forward to the profound thoughts of a man in middle age, dealing with the burden of creativty:

Gotta get me a doctor with a remedy

I'm gonna talk a walk with the Monkey Man!

hopefully, his solo album will be more personal and he'll be able to write stuff that isn't a tired attempt at psychedelia:

She took my hand and picked me up off the floor

She put an apple in my eye

I said I'm tired

Come get me off the merry-go-round

I'm wired

Come feed me and then bring me down

anyway, after five years, i would expect him to have improved upon:

Hold the line

Friend of mine

Sing a song

Soldier on

Shine a light

For me tonight

Don't be long

Soldier on

La la la x 4

and, before i get accused of being a h8er, i'm just teasing, although i genuinely will be interested to see if he can finally move away from these kind of lyrics - you know, to prove to people like me that he isn't just an MOR chancer.

and if i have quoted one of liam's songs, sorry, my bad.

source

...by then he'll be nearly 50...

i look forward to the profound thoughts of a man in middle age, dealing with the burden of creativty:

hopefully, his solo album will be more personal and he'll be able to write stuff that isn't a tired attempt at psychedelia:

anyway, after five years, i would expect him to have improved upon:

and, before i get accused of being a h8er, i'm just teasing, although i genuinely will be interested to see if he can finally move away from these kind of lyrics - you know, to prove to people like me that he isn't just an MOR chancer.

and if i have quoted one of liam's songs, sorry, my bad.

source

You are really something aren't you ? You really wind me up because your a failed Musican who's bitter that working class people like Noel Gallagher are known as legends and people love their music. He's gonna get knighted one day you know, The Beach boys a american boyzone who you rate aren't even household names whilst everyman woman and dog has heard of Oasis.

Made me laugh how you put Soilder on your post when LIAM write the song :crylaugh:

When you write Live Forever or Slide Away, then you will have my respect.

You are really something aren't you ? You really wind me up because your a failed Musican who's bitter that working class people like Noel Gallagher are known as legends and people love their music. He's gonna get knighted one day you know, The Beach boys a american boyzone who you rate aren't even household names whilst everyman woman and dog has heard of Oasis.

Made me laugh how you put Soilder on your post when LIAM write the song :crylaugh:

Oh get over your deluded fandom... <_<

lol

What a tool you really are lol

a. i'm not a failed musician - i can play music and have written several hundred songs - failure and success cannot be measuredby record sales, have you ever written a song for someone and moved them so much that they cried - to me that is success, have you ever written a song that people can't stop singing - have you ever even written a song?

i'm not bitter that noel has success, fair play to him, thanks to the people who have controlled his career, he has done very well for himself, but history is already begining to show that he is something of a one trick pony - i have an english degree, i have study verse and it is purely from a critical perspective that i made those comment on his 'lyrics'

b. let him have his knighthood, you obviously don't know anything about John Lennon if you think that is cool.

c. to compare the beach boys to boyzone is beyond laughable - the beach boys were a bunch of brothers who liked making music (sound familiar?), and when the beatles and the stones, the byrds and practically every other band of the mid 60s were relying on producers and songwriters, brian wilson was writing, arranging and performing all their material - their 20/20 album (their 20th) was released within 7 years of their first, no 5 year hiatus for this band.

and 'pet sounds', still one of the most celebrated pieces of music in rock history 50 years after it was released and their 11th studio album, was released when brian was just 23 years old. can ronan keating say that?

d. it made me laugh when you tried to belittle my post, when i had put in a disclaimer that i might have quoted liam - and you have to admit they are the lyrics of a 6 year old.

e. when you write a song, then you can come back and talk to me about respect

f. and, yes, compared to you, i really am something. at the very least i have the capacity to debate something without getting grouchy and throwing around ill-conceived contumely and bollocks that make people post laughter smilies at my responses.

Made me laugh how you put Soilder on your post when LIAM wrote the song :crylaugh:

:whistle:

The Beach boys a american boyzone who you rate aren't even household names whilst everyman woman and dog has heard of Oasis.

I think you are confusing the Beach Boys with The Monkees who were a fabricated boy band like Boyzone.

You should also consider not rising to the bait

My god you react to any criticism of oasis worse than christians do when you say all the "miracles" can be proved by science.

My god you react to any criticism of oasis worse than christians do when you say all the "miracles" can be proved by science.

and it wasn't like it was just blind criticism, i think whether you love the work of oasis or not, for them to have so many plaudits, yet to still be writing lyrics of that standard, really is cause for debate - especially as the ones i quoted were the result of three years work, hence why i refered to the rate of output of the beach boys (who, i am prepared to admit, were responsible for some very poor lyrics - even for the 60s/70s/80s when they were written - but also some fabulous lyrics, depending on who was collaborating)

i don't begrudge noel his success - if he were to produce a solo album of originality, versitilty and depth then i would be happy to know that oasis were just a commercial vehicle, happy to exploit the narrow-minded naivite of people who haven't listened to real psychedelia - if however his solo album is just more regurgitated oasis cast-offs, then it will be hard to conclude anything other than that he is a mediocre talent with great producers and fabulous marketing, and very little more.

and it wasn't like it was just blind criticism, i think whether you love the work of oasis or not, for them to have so many plaudits, yet to still be writing lyrics of that standard, really is cause for debate - especially as the ones i quoted were the result of three years work, hence why i refered to the rate of output of the beach boys (who, i am prepared to admit, were responsible for some very poor lyrics - even for the 60s/70s/80s when they were written - but also some fabulous lyrics, depending on who was collaborating)

i don't begrudge noel his success - if he were to produce a solo album of originality, versitilty and depth then i would be happy to know that oasis were just a commercial vehicle, happy to exploit the narrow-minded naivite of people who haven't listened to real psychedelia - if however his solo album is just more regurgitated oasis cast-offs, then it will be hard to conclude anything other than that he is a mediocre talent with great producers and fabulous marketing, and very little more.

Thats the thing i like about your posts. You state your opinion then explain it, as oppose to some who say something then insult you like a 12 year old if you dont agree with it.

Everyone likes to see a "workingman" get success like he has, so on that point fair play to the boy. I do like oasis, but have to agree it does all seem to be very very similar (in both lyrics and melodies IMO). If you look at other bands (on the same worldwide famous scale to keep ash happy) like radiohead for example, they are forever pushing boundaries and trying to evolve; which to me is the sign of a truely great band. Yes it might not be as popular/sell as many records but that means jacksh*t to most real music fans, if bands werent suppose to push boundries and try new sounds etc, then we wouldnt have so many different genres of music, it would all just be one big bland genre

Thats the thing i like about your posts. You state your opinion then explain it, as oppose to some who say something then insult you like a 12 year old if you dont agree with it.

Everyone likes to see a "workingman" get success like he has, so on that point fair play to the boy. I do like oasis, but have to agree it does all seem to be very very similar (in both lyrics and melodies IMO). If you look at other bands (on the same worldwide famous scale to keep ash happy) like radiohead for example, they are forever pushing boundaries and trying to evolve; which to me is the sign of a truely great band. Yes it might not be as popular/sell as many records but that means jacksh*t to most real music fans, if bands werent suppose to push boundries and try new sounds etc, then we wouldnt have so many different genres of music, it would all just be one big bland genre

true.

the thing is though, if oasis want to do that fine, and if the fans are happy with that then fine - as ash pointed out, i am a musician, and i know the joy of creating something different, it's part of the natural creative process; for noel to have been going through the motions for so long suggests that he either has a high threashold of boredom or that this really is all he can do.

the other day i heard an acoustic cover of 'wonderwall' and, truely it was the blandest most tuneless thing, which suggests that as a song it isn't especially good, but thanks to oasis' producer and, i guess, to liam's delivery, combined with the fact that you couldn't go ten minutes without hearing it, it has become associated with an era and people's experience - something, of course, unrelated to talent.

but can you really say that about anything they've done from the last two, three albums... i don't think so - and that's because they aren't trying to appeal to a modern audience, they are just pandering to their old audience. Working class they may have been, but oasis are purely about the profit, and i don't blame them, cause i don't think noel is comparable as a composer to people like thom yorke, or even U2 (who i really don't like), and i don't think he'll ever demonstrate the versatilty for his label to justify encouraging anything other than the same old stuff.

but can you really say that about anything they've done from the last two, three albums... i don't think so - and that's because they aren't trying to appeal to a modern audience, they are just pandering to their old audience. Working class they may have been, but oasis are purely about the profit, and i don't blame them, cause i don't think noel is comparable as a composer to people like thom yorke, or even U2 (who i really don't like), and i don't think he'll ever demonstrate the versatilty for his label to justify encouraging anything other than the same old stuff.

That pretty much sums oasis up perfectly for me

If Oasis play the same bland music, then why are they playing the biggest ever stadium tour ?

You don't have to make music so complicated you know. If it isn't broke, then don't fix it.

You can say what you want about your Beach Boys but their not legends in terms of The Beatles or The Rolling Stone. They might have a influence in people's music but they made 20 albums right. How many have been voted in polls as a great album ?

Your a failed musican because you post on here. I'm sure Noel isn't on Blue Moon ranting about Blur.

I couldn't really care less about the same post Valengra rolls out every time Oasis are mentioned, he's just as bad as Ash.

I love Oasis. Always have done. There early stuff is top class and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Yes, there follow up records haven't eclipsed that, but it was never going to. Britpop has gone, what they achieved when they were coming up was brilliant. The gigs they played were monumental and some of the tracks that Noel wrote were nothing short of fantastic, even the B sides are good. Obviously the casual fans won't have heard that much of them, but I have certainly got so much out listening to them.

Some people dislike them, fair enough, but they still appeal to people today, regardless of whether it is the same audience or not.

Roll on July. (Even if Liam's voice is fooked.)

Archived