Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

14 minutes ago, JR99 said:

Been reading the forum for a few years now but never posted, so thought I'd go for it... St holder for 12 years now, and blue all through... Currently studying second year a levels in maths chemistry and physics. COYB :scarf:

Welcome, you've picked a great time to join in, we're on the crest of a wave.....you may notice opinions vaty on here but the one thing that is constant is the love of this club. :)

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Welcome, you've picked a great time to join in, we're on the crest of a wave.....you may notice opinions vaty on here but the one thing that is constant is the love of this club. :)

Don't worry I'm just as bad... I talk as if I want all these changes but we'll all still be here whether it's PL league 1 or God forbid anything lower. I like the drama anyway :ph34r:

Hi all, Hong Kong fan managing a small fan page on FB here, registering after LEI 0-3 MU.

Loved foxes since last year (I won't say I am not a glory hunter at that time, but I think I am not now?), watched all games this season.

Devastated by the performance but everyone's still hoping for a win that can bring pride.

COYL, COYB.

• Like 4

Hi all, Hong Kong fan (near Cropston) registering after you were mauled 0-3 MU.

Loved foxes since last year (I preferred bold rabbits previously) (I am not a glory hunter at the time, but I think I am now?) watched all games this season( Anstey Nomad's mostly)

Devastated by the performance but everyone's still hoping for a win that can bring pride.

COYL, COYB, FBI, DIY and B&Q

Grew up in Australia absolutely obsessed with football (soccer here). The first team I ever saw play was Chelsea, so I took some interest in them but was never passionate enough to stay up to watch them play (games are mostly very early in the morning here). To a young kid Real Madrid was also always attractive, fancy uniforms and all the big players but neither Madrid or Chelsea ever stuck with me and about the age of 14 or so I stopped caring about football and moved onto other passions.

I'm now 24, and throughout 2016 every time I logged into social media I kept hearing about Leicester City and what was going on. Weeks passed and I eventually saw so much about the team I read the story and decided that for the first time in 10 years, I wanted to watch a football game. The first Leicester match I saw was Leicester V West Ham with Ulloa's last gasp penalty. The extraordinary heart I saw from that game stayed with me, and suddenly I found myself up at all hours of the Australian morning watching Leicester because I've never been the best at anything in my life but neither were these boys, and if they managed to win the league..it would mean that maybe it didn't matter that i'm not the best at anything..and that maybe I could do something amazing with my life too.

I carried on watching Leicester games into this season, despite the obviously dramatic change in form. But even though theres no longer a fairytale and they're back to where most people think Leicester should be, it hasn't changed how I felt about them. Leicester sure as hell isn't the best, and players like Okazaki are scarcely Premier League standard,

But what they are best at, is having a heart bigger than anyone elses that they face. Granted it hasn't shown too much this season, but when it does, it's the true Leicester and its what made me fall in love with this club.

I didn't realise I was a Leicester fan until the 2-2 draw against Stoke. We couldn't have had any more go wrong..a bullshit red card to Vardy, more yellow cards then you could count and the ball bouncing off the back of Kaspers head into the path of Joe Allen. Yet we never quit, we fought together and by the end of that game anyone watching saw that Leicester City and it's players at their best have more heart than anyone in English football.

And for me that's what football is about. Passion, unity and having teammates by your side you'd do anything for.  

So it was 6am in Australia, tthree minutes after Daniel Amartey's goal that I realized 10 years after I stopped watching football, two things had happened.

I'd finally found my team.

And 10 years after I'd stopped watching it, Leicester City had made me fall in love with football again.

Edited by Hawk17
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hawk17 said:

Grew up in Australia absolutely obsessed with football (soccer here). The first team I ever saw play was Chelsea, so I took some interest in them but was never passionate enough to stay up to watch them play (games are mostly very early in the morning here). To a young kid Real Madrid was also always attractive, fancy uniforms and all the big players but neither Madrid or Chelsea ever stuck with me and about the age of 14 or so I stopped caring about football and moved onto other passions.

I'm now 24, and throughout 2016 every time I logged into social media I kept hearing about Leicester City and what was going on. Weeks passed and I eventually saw so much about the team I read the story and decided that for the first time in 10 years, I wanted to watch a football game. The first Leicester match I saw was Leicester V West Ham with Ulloa's last gasp penalty. The extraordinary heart I saw from that game stayed with me, and suddenly I found myself up at all hours of the Australian morning watching Leicester because I've never been the best at anything in my life but neither were these boys, and if they managed to win the league..it would mean that maybe it didn't matter that i'm not the best at anything..and that maybe I could do something amazing with my life too.

I carried on watching Leicester games into this season, despite the obviously dramatic change in form. But even though theres no longer a fairytale and they're back to where most people think Leicester should be, it hasn't changed how I felt about them. Leicester sure as hell isn't the best, and players like Okazaki are scarcely Premier League standard,

But what they are best at, is having a heart bigger than anyone elses that they face. Granted it hasn't shown too much this season, but when it does, it's the true Leicester and its what made me fall in love with this club.

I didn't realise I was a Leicester fan until the 2-2 draw against Stoke. We couldn't have had any more go wrong..a bullshit red card to Vardy, more yellow cards then you could count and the ball bouncing off the back of Kaspers head into the path of Joe Allen. Yet we never quit, we fought together and by the end of that game anyone watching saw that Leicester City and it's players at their best have more heart than anyone in English football.

And for me that's what football is about. Passion, unity and having teammates by your side you'd do anything for.  

So it was 6am in Australia, tthree minutes after Daniel Amartey's goal that I realized 10 years after I stopped watching football, two things had happened.

I'd finally found my team.

And 10 years after I'd stopped watching it, Leicester City had made me fall in love with football again.

Nice first post Hawk17 :) Welcome aboard

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1

Hi Joined the forum after 50 years following the Foxes. Only for them to do something I'd never thought they'd do in mine and more importantly my dads lifetime but then potentially to see that legacy destroyed in less than 12 months.  Momentous though it was doesn't seem to sparkle as much at the moment. Shame.

Hi

have been following Leicester for a few years 

was born in Leicester but now reside in Sydney Australia

was so proud when they won the comp 

but alas now too embarrassed to don my marhrez jersey because of light hearted ridicule 

anyway enjoy reading the forum 

and for god sake Leicester bloody improve lol

Hi

My names Carl

I started to watch the city as a 10 year old lad one very wet weds evening

40 years ago it was a 0-0 bore draw against sheff wed.

Ive been hooked ever since.

I spent most my Saturdays in pen 3 or at as many away games as possible.

As the years have passed and family came along money got tighter so went more

to home games only,i am a season ticket holder in the West stand and have learnt to try and

take the rough with the smooth.

Was a pleasure to see us lift the Prem Title in my lifetime something I thought was just going

to be a dream...Keep the faith..

• Like 1

I'm calling myself Dan. 
The internet is a minefield, hence the pseudonym.

I am a Spurs season ticket holder. I am assuming that sensible speaking away fans are welcome here. Be you Leicester, Middlesboro, Barcelona etc we all follow the same sport albeit under a different allegiance.

I aim to take part in discussions which I know will have have a heavy partisan slant but surely alternative opinions are welcome? I refer you back to 'Sensible'.

So, am I welcome or not?

And hey, you have the media right now. Who steps in?

Hi, all. American football fan, a fan of the EPL for a while. Been following the Foxes pretty closely since the beginning of last season, so I'm kind of a bandwagon Leicester fan, too (though I don't really have a primary English club to support). 

Edited by Pentatonic
  • Like 1

On 27/02/2017 at 19:34, Pentatonic said:

Hi, all. American football fan, a fan of the EPL for a while. Been following the Foxes pretty closely since the beginning of last season, so I'm kind of a bandwagon Leicester fan, too (though I don't really have a primary English club to support). 

Welcome mate do you watch the games there this season has been embarresing 

16 hours ago, Jonno84 said:

Welcome mate do you watch the games there this season has been embarresing 

Yeah, been watching most of the games this season. The difference without Kante was apparent from the get go this season, and Ranieri never had a Plan B to deal with things without him. Should not have let him go without first knowing how to successfully reconfig the team in his absence.

Been reading this forum for a few months and thought I'd register - in case I fancied spouting my four penneth!

Life long supporter, Leicester born, season ticket holder back in the late 90's and still get to about 7 or 8 games a season now.

Forum seems well balanced with true fans who could see how things were going under Ranieri this season 9whether you agree with sacking or not).

More balanced than the sh1te being wrote about us on BBC HYS sites!!

35 minutes ago, T. Randolph said:

Hi,

I am Taylor Randolph and I go to Loyola Blakefield in Baltimore, Maryland.  I have to do a project on the Foxes and I don't follow soccer at all. Can you guys give me some important info on the team and fans?

Thanks

What do you want to know?

First game as an 8 year old 21/10/72 for a home defeat by Norwich through the Bloomfield and Wallace eras with Dad; programs, scarves, memorabilia, bedroom walls covered with Nish, Weller, Shilton, Wallington, Glover, Stringfellow, Witworth, Worthington, Rofe, Jayes, Steve Earle... During those years we shared a classroom with the lads of the above two City managers, I’d glimpse pre-season training creosoting Grandad’s back fence. 14 May 1983, 27 March 1987, first game with mamma 20 April 1996, away at Watford, play off final and Claridge's shin. We used Mum and Dad's tickets for the joy of Emile and Muzzy, Prior, Parker - Kasey’s socks are still in the draw, league cup semi at Selhurst Part, turning round at Brent Cross and missing the 3-3, catching Athleti 30 September 1997, Liverpool away, demolition by United, league cup final defeat ... Savage vs Ginola, very cool. First game at the new stadium against Reading, Brighton 19 April 2003... Bale with Southampton, Ashton Gate atmosphere!!!, Leeds 26 December 2010,  Mark Davies and Konchesky in Yeovil, the Anthony Knockaert show at home to Cardiff, the awesome force of Clyne and Bertrand, jamie’s 6th in 6, his 11th at Franks’ (rip), from watching colin bell to watching from the colin bell … shit, shit, shit!!! … from stepney, buchan, sadler, Donald, dunne, morgan, davies, macdougall, storey-moore 04-11-72 and decades of rule by utd off the pitch, in the prem to 01-05-16, and an old Trafford rendered silent through having everything and loving nothing … the EPL is a scam of the boris Johnson brand of sophistry, if it gets better than the 2nd half in Seville, the reason’s been sacked … well done, bye

• Like 2