Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello all,

I've been visiting for rumours and news for a while, but only just recently started posting anything here myself. Grew up in Leicester and Sileby, then lived in Oxford for a few years, so I haven't been able to get to many matches for a while. Now I've just moved back to Leics. and looking forward to going to watch games much more often.

Has there ever been a more exciting time to be a Foxes fan?

Yes. The MON years. If we get to the prem and back into Europe I'll withdraw this statement. :ph34r:

As soon as I posted it, I noticed that. Plus the end of the 1920s must have been pretty good, finishing 2nd and 3rd in the top division, and getting to all those FA Cup finals in the 1960s must have been good, even though we lost them all.

Hi, long time reader never posted.

I'm 42 my first game was the promotion season of 81-82 (i think) against crystal palace we lost 2-1 went with my uncle stood in the west stand, before it was the members enclosure.

Best game seen probably 3-3 against liverpool the following season, although there has been some good moments since, Leeds in the league 2 game at the end of that season.

Anyway on the eve of our clubs new dawn in what promises to be an exciting season, thought i'd say Hi.

City forever

Basil7

(basil was my dogs name) Steve is the real name.

Hello People

I have been skimming this site for many years and since I went to the game yesterday I decided to join the site because I wanted to be part of the season ahead

Was a fantastic game with the world's best on show and are new signings graced the field superbly.

Just got 2 tickets for the Reading game and I hope for 3 points and to see you there.

:scarf:

Hi been on this site a while just wondering if anyone can tell me how to edit the name under your avatar!?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure, but I think it's related to the number of comments you've left. I noticed that all the members who have made roughly the same number of posts have the same Leicester legend's name under their avatar, and the members with custom names have all made 1000's.

Hey everyone, I'm Matt. I'm 16 and starting a-levels in a month's time. Been a foxes fan for a relatively long time. I thought for a while that my first game was "City vs Birmingham at filbert street in the league cup- the year we won it". But googling this reveals that fixture doesn't exist, so I'm not sure. It was over 10 years ago though. First game that I remember was City 1-0 Palace, Feb 2003.

I'm not a season ticket holder because neither of my parents are interested in sport at all, so I have to pay for myself when I do go, which is usually only about 3 times a season. Going to my first away game this Saturday though against coventry which I can't wait for! Hopefully I'll see some of you there. :-)

Not sure if there is anyone else on here from the US, but I live in Brooklyn with my wife who is from Leicester. i started following LCFC shortly after the two of us got together and became more of a fan after going to a home game last year when we visited. Hoping to catch whatever games I can on cable over here and/or online.

why?

As in 'Why introduce yourself?'

what is the point?

surely we are on here to discuss City, not each other?

Not meaning to be pedantic / sarcastic / or whatever else you got

1. Invest in a dictionary. You are being a pedant but I suspect you got that bit right out of luck more than anything.

2. Because it's a forum where we all hold discussions with eachother - don't tell me you don't know anything about the classmates you hold conversations with each day.

EDIT. Oops I see from the info under your avatar that you're long out of school. My bad. You know what they say about when you assume...

Edited by NeilyBoy

Hello all.. My name is Tony, season ticket holder for years.. Take wife and 4 kids every home game.

Keen Xbox 360'er and really think this season we're going up.. Can't wait to see my kids faces next season when they big boys come and play us.!!

hey im emily only just joined today. big foxes fan have been for years, got a season ticket in the family stand and try and go to alot of away games. this is the season were going up!

up the city :scarf:

Aye up me duckie. :smile:

:welcome:

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum but have been a Leicester supporter for almost 50 years. I travel to all games both home and away and never miss.

I hate modern football and what it has become. I despise the modern happy clappy type fan that will believe any old rubbish that the club tells them.

As much as I love LCFC I hate the corporate side and will never trust the new owners, or any owner for that matter.

It is our club and will never be their club. When they tell you that they are fans too ask them did they got to Brentford that night in Aug in the 80s. the replay at Harlow...the cup game at home v Shrewbury, I could go on and on.

These people will never be City fans, so let us soak up their money, enjoy any success that we get from their money and then wave them off when they eventually quit.

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum but have been a Leicester supporter for almost 50 years. I travel to all games both home and away and never miss.

I hate modern football and what it has become. I despise the modern happy clappy type fan that will believe any old rubbish that the club tells them.

As much as I love LCFC I hate the corporate side and will never trust the new owners, or any owner for that matter.

It is our club and will never be their club. When they tell you that they are fans too ask them did they got to Brentford that night in Aug in the 80s. the replay at Harlow...the cup game at home v Shrewbury, I could go on and on.

These people will never be City fans, so let us soak up their money, enjoy any success that we get from their money and then wave them off when they eventually quit.

For some reason, I don't think you'd enjoy the Nicky Maynard thread!

Welcome aboard. :thumbup:

Hi everyone.

Hi,

Welcome. I note your perspective, Owners are not permanent fixtures, never have been and never will be. Some however are better than others. I too am not melting at the recent chairman / PR rep's speech. I am prepared though to say that as far as owners go - these guys (no matter their financial motives) have invested more in this football club in terms of it's image, profile, structure and economic positioning than any other owners I can remember in my life time. For that they deserve a little respect. I think it's important to note that in terms of 'benefits and drivers' the fans and the owners have matching ambitions - maybe for different reasons but surely that's true of all businesses that provide a service that their consumers have economical and emotional investment in.

N.

Please use this thread to say hello and introduce yourself.

Dezza here lads and lassies.. obviously looking forward to the new season with renewed hope that we can finally get back to where we belong ( and stay there ).Just think we may need to be patient with so many new players having to settle in and gel as a team,plus every one who plays us will be lifted by the prospect of maybe beating the title favourites. Having said all that,I trust Svensy boy to do the business !!

• Like 1

Please use this thread to say hello and introduce yourself.

Dezza here lads and lassies.. obviously looking forward to the new season with renewed hope that we can finally get back to where we belong ( and stay there ).Just think we may need to be patient with so many new players having to settle in and gel as a team,plus every one who plays us will be lifted by the prospect of maybe beating the title favourites. Having said all that,I trust Svensy boy to do the business !!

welcome.