Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Apparently I signed up a couple of years ago! Have only just started posting today.

City fan for over 20 years now (which makes me feel old). Thought i'd get involved in a proper City forum as i'm fed up of reading comments from "fans" on the Leicester Mercury website who never seem happy unless they're moaning about something, despite this being one of the most exciting times to be a City fan that I can remember.

There's a lot less doom and gloom on this forum, and hopefully there won't be reason for that to change!

Hello all from sunny New York. I'm James, 42, from Connecticut. I've been following Leicester City since last fall. I travel to Thailand a lot and came across you guys and was intrigued especially as association football in the US is on the rise. The reason I've decided to join today is because I'm in marketing and was so excited to hear the name change to the King Power Stadium. I know it has been received with some criticism in Leicester but if you step back for a second you have to appreciate that your profile is rising in completely new areas of the world and with every King Power reference the greater the interest in Southeast Asia and strangely over here because they're regular flights from Bangkok. Where I live In Albany it's weird that since I'd heard of LC I once overheard a conversation between 2 people discussing how "people in Leicester [although I'm afraid they pronounced it Lie-cester] actually call their stadium Filbert Way, not the sponsored name". Make of that what you will but small world all the same.

P.S. You won't find me saying soccer :scarf:

• Like 1

Hello all from sunny New York. I'm James, 42, from Connecticut. I've been following Leicester City since last fall. I travel to Thailand a lot and came across you guys and was intrigued especially as association football in the US is on the rise. The reason I've decided to join today is because I'm in marketing and was so excited to hear the name change to the King Power Stadium. I know it has been received with some criticism in Leicester but if you step back for a second you have to appreciate that your profile is rising in completely new areas of the world and with every King Power reference the greater the interest in Southeast Asia and strangely over here because they're regular flights from Bangkok. Where I live In Albany it's weird that since I'd heard of LC I once overheard a conversation between 2 people discussing how "people in Leicester [although I'm afraid they pronounced it Lie-cester] actually call their stadium Filbert Way, not the sponsored name". Make of that what you will but small world all the same.

:welcome: Why TexMex if you're from New York?

HI Texmex, where abouts in Connecticut are you? My friend is a director of Football for a club out there. Glastonbury I think?? I'll have to double check. He tells me it's beautifull out there and has asked me times to go over and do some coaching but i've never had the chance. It's exciting times to be a Lie-Cester fan, do you think there's any chance you'll ever be able to get over and watch a game?

Edited by ch4mbo

HI Texmex, where abouts in Connecticut are you? My friend is a director of Football for a club out there. Glastonbury I think?? I'll have to double check. He tells me it's beautifull out there and has asked me times to go over and do some coaching but i've never had the chance. It's exciting times to be a Lie-Cester fan, do you think there's any chance you'll ever be able to get over and watch a game?

I live in Albany, New York but originally from New Haven, Connecticut. Get yourself over here buddy and do some coaching, more and more english are. I want to come to visit a game but I'll have to choose the right one because it's an expensive round trip. I've been told about good games to see and might be in Birmingham for a week the same time as Nottingham away. I might have to go for it and watch this with the Nottingham fans if I can't be with you guys. Either way I'll be taking my umbrella :scarf:

Edited by TexMexFox

Hi guys, its been quiet at work so decided to finally join the forum and get paid whilst on here lol I'm Leicester born n bred, have always been a foxes fan but only got to my first match on my 14th birthday (adored Joachim at that time). I am looking forward to this season more than most, such an exciting time to be a foxes fan, bring it on Real!!

Hi Guy's, I have followed The City all my Life, Started off watching the likes of Rodney Fern, Keith Weller, Len Glover, David Nish and of course the great Frank Worthington. I do believe we are now starting to enter a really exciting period that could match those glory days of the 60's and 70's and of course that great team that o'neil put together just a few years ago. So all I can say is come on you Blues :scarf:

Hi, Martin from Nuneaton here.

Followed LCFC since the sixties, was a season ticket holder with my dad.

Not been able to watch live (except on TV) for the past 15 years as I have moved around the country with work, but I am now retiring to nuneaton so hoping to watch more games.

Hello and welcome to Foxestalk.co.uk

Please use this thread to say hello and introduce yourself.

:welcome:

Hi everyone,

I have been a Leicester City supporter since the 70's and have been privileged to see some of Leicester's 'greats' keith Weller, Frank Worthington,Jon Sammels,David Nish just to name a few. Born in leicestershire and lived there for 17 years,now live in the West country so extra interest in the Nicky maynard saga as a few of my pals are Bristol City fans.Still a regular visitor to the Walkers stadium try and get to about 10 home games and a few away games every season. These are exciting times for our club, I believe this season wiil be a great opportunity to get back into the premier league where we belong!

Regularly read Foxestalk and felt it was time to throw my ten penneth in!

Hello ,

My name is mike spencer and i am a diehard foxes man been supporting them since i was about 8 i currently live in perth w.a

PS : its hard at times living with my brother who is a toon fan and my old man whose a scouser lol but ya get that lol

Hi to all the mighty lcfc fans. I'm new to the site but have supported the foxes through thick and thin over 25 years now. i was a season ticket holder until around 18 months ago when i moved to middlesbrough for work reasons. I'm hoping to be back living in leicester next year and getting back my season ticket. Must say im getting very excited about the new season were gonna kick some ass in this campaign. Only down side at present is the maynard saga, getting very boring now lol

Hi, I've been a Leicester fan for 30-odd years now. I left the city in the early 90s but my parents still live there. I'm now in Canada and somehow find a way to listen on the radio, watch internet streams to keep up to date with what's happening!