Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi everyone..

Im am here representing Bill, a Leicester City supporter, who is now in a nursing home in Streatham, London, SW16. He is 85 and has Alzheimers Disease, so his short term memory has completely gone, but his long term recall is still quite good. I see him once a week as an Age Concern ( now called AgeUk ) volunteer. He never married and has no children, so he doesnt get many visits. I take him a Daily Mirror and we do word puzzles or play draughts. I am going to ask you guys for some help to put a smile on Bills face. I exchanged emails with mark from Foxes Talk, who thought it would be ok, so I am going to post now in the main forum. Cheers. Keith

Hi everyone..

Im am here representing Bill, a Leicester City supporter, who is now in a nursing home in Streatham, London, SW16. He is 85 and has Alzheimers Disease, so his short term memory has completely gone, but his long term recall is still quite good. I see him once a week as an Age Concern ( now called AgeUk ) volunteer. He never married and has no children, so he doesnt get many visits. I take him a Daily Mirror and we do word puzzles or play draughts. I am going to ask you guys for some help to put a smile on Bills face. I exchanged emails with mark from Foxes Talk, who thought it would be ok, so I am going to post now in the main forum. Cheers. Keith

Glad you're taking care of a foxile! :thumbup: Anything to put a smile on anyone's face (except Hitler :angry: (and possibly Piers Morgan :angry::angry: ))

Hello! After reading for sometime to get the latest opinions thought I better join up!

I am from Southampton but was brought up a Leicester fan by my Dad who is a good Leicester lad. I had a season ticket at the Dell (Saints) from before I could practically talk and instantly fell in love with football (mostly due to watching Le Tissier), however it was when my Dad took me up to Filbert Street that something told me that this was where my footballing allegiance fell. Since then I have supported Leicester and was blessed with the Mo'N era to start off with... it's not always been quite as good as that since, but once the bug has bitten then there is no going back.

I still watch Southampton far more than Leicester as I have a free season ticket, and certaintly have a large affinity for Saints. Also being based in Brighton for Uni has meant I have seen the Seagulls a fair few times in the last few years, but I still try and get to see City a few times a season... and fingers crossed if I get a good job next year and earn a few pounds I might finally be able to fund a season ticket and the travel and get to see the Foxes every week (and stop having to listen to Ian Stringer)!

Cheers!

Hi all,

I've been a City fan since a kid. Then all my mates wore Man U or Liverpool shirts etc. I never did. I've always supported City. Some grew up and became City fans some didn't.

My hate at the mo is all the barracking of the refs. It does my nut. I really wish it was like watching the Leics Tigers where I go now and then as well as the Walkers.

Making things interesting is my misses and most of her family are Forrest, and I work in Warwickshire and know many a Cov fan.

Zed from LE9.

Loved Leicester all my life, been going since i was a kid. Followed foxestalk for ages but took the plunge today and decided to become a member.

Live in Birmingham at the moment, try to go to as many city games as possible.

Cheers

Hellorr :)

I guess I'm new to this, only 16 but go to every game home and away; not a hooligan though honestly. Just enjoy (at times) watching what has the quality to be an awesome team! I read what people say through links on twitter and now have finally got round to signing up to this so I can say my piece! Look forward to it dudes :).

• Like 2

Hi all. For some reason I have been moderated in some way and I can no longer start my own threads. I think I was just too damn clever, too damn funny and too damn handsome for all the squares on here. It's hard having someone who is better than you in every way around you sometimes so part of me understands.

The reason I post here is that I have started a blog at http://rumblefox.wordpress.com/.

I hate blogs and people that do it but I just wanted to ramble about Leicester and other topics and for people to see my rambles so if anyone wants to follow me that would be great. I can be moderately amusing at times and was once described by a teacher as being "one of the top twenty or thirty boys in the year at high jump". Quite impressive eh? Anyway, if you would like to become followers of me (I am a kind of God) then come along. If not that's fine. I wouldn't blame you as I am a bit of an arse.

See you all soon and cannot ****ing wait for next season. Come on you Foxes!!

Rumble.

X

• Like 1