Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Manchester Buccaneers

This should keep the sports hacks busy for a few weeks

One Malcolm Glazer

After building them up to be a great team ( :angry: ) Alex Ferguson and his ego are about to bring Manchester United crashing to the ground. Had he not tried to screw McManus and Magnier over Rock of Gibralter this sale would never have gone through.

Ferguson will soon be out on his ear without so much of thank you or goodbye :P

Get it right up you United, you deserve everything this takeover brings.

In all honesty, everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

For some reason, the United Fans (who admittedly are not the brightest) seem to think Malcolm Glazer wants to spend £780 million only to see his investment fall away into nothing.

Fact: United are a plc. There is little the fans can do. Didn't hear them complaining when United was valued at £1 billion and valued as the most expensive club in the world.

Fact: Glazer did not become wealthy by throwing £780 million into the bin. He is not going to ruin the club when he has invested that much money.

For some reason, the United Fans (who admittedly are not the brightest) seem to think Malcolm Glazer wants to spend £780 million only to see his investment fall away into nothing.

Fact: United are a plc.  There is little the fans can do.  Didn't hear them complaining when United was valued at £1 billion and valued as the most expensive club in the world.

Fact: Glazer did not become wealthy by throwing £780 million into the bin.  He is not going to ruin the club when he has invested that much money.

107369[/snapback]

to be fair if glazer gets control he can transfer his debts which must be quite considerable to the business then piss off again or alternatively raise ticket prices through the roof so the supporters will be paying off HIS debts so it is potentially quite serious...

Fact: United are a plc.  There is little the fans can do.  Didn't hear them complaining when United was valued at £1 billion and valued as the most expensive club in the world.

Fact: Glazer did not become wealthy by throwing £780 million into the bin.  He is not going to ruin the club when he has invested that much money.

107369[/snapback]

to be fair if glazer gets control he can transfer his debts which must be quite considerable to the business then piss off again or alternatively raise ticket prices through the roof so the supporters will be paying off HIS debts so it is potentially quite serious...

107371[/snapback]

Not really.

If he was to transfer any debts to United, this would be illegal and he himself would be liable as a director who commited a fraudulent act. (The corporate veil would be pierced).

If he raises ticket prices to above their market price, he will lose money, so he will not do that.

The major worry is that he has secured loans on the back of Man U's assets i.e. the major banks have given him a loan on the strength of the assets that he will buy. In theory, the creditors could take the assets if Malcolm Glazer fails to pay back any loans (similar to our stadium and the Teachers Pension Fund). Again, this would not be in Mr. Glazer's interests as it would see his Man U shares effectively drop to a worth of very little.

Just as long as he doesn't pull them out of the Sky TV deal to make more money for himself by selling the rights. Unlikely I know but...

107372[/snapback]

He can try that id he likes but there are 19 other clubs in the PL and they have a say in what goes on. If he doesn't play ball then United won't be a PL side simple as that. He doesn't control the NFL TV rights which are sunstantially bigger than the EPL, so there is no reason to suggest he can achieve that here.

What will happen is the transfer of debt on the Club, but they have sucked as much money out of football as they could over the years so I have zero sympathy. If Man United cease to exist then 91 other pro Clubs and a host of teams in the football pyramid will continue to operate as normal thank you very much.

Just as long as he doesn't pull them out of the Sky TV deal to make more money for himself by selling the rights. Unlikely I know but...

107372[/snapback]

He can try that id he likes but there are 19 other clubs in the PL and they have a say in what goes on. If he doesn't play ball then United won't be a PL side simple as that. He doesn't control the NFL TV rights which are sunstantially bigger than the EPL, so there is no reason to suggest he can achieve that here.

What will happen is the transfer of debt on the Club, but they have sucked as much money out of football as they could over the years so I have zero sympathy. If Man United cease to exist then 91 other pro Clubs and a host of teams in the football pyramid will continue to operate as normal thank you very much.

107378[/snapback]

Were I Abrahamovic(sp) rich the I would ditch Sky as fast as possible. The deal that is done with the TV companies in the US vis-a-vis the NFL is with many TV stations and for much bigger money than the current Sky deal. Sky needs the PL more than the other way round IMO, after all how many people would buy Sky if the PL was not exclusively on it. :huh::unsure::huh::unsure:

This brings me on to why Glazer would want to buy Man U as it will take him ages to recover his money. :S:ermm::unsure: I am sure on the other hand that he has a plan. :D:D:thumbup:;)

Glazier unfortunately is just a stalking horse for Murdoch.

107484[/snapback]

You may well be right as I am struggling with the Maths. from a Glazer point of view. :huh::unsure::huh::rolleyes::D:D:thumbup:;)

He now has even more shares:

Malcolm Glazer has taken another major step towards taking overall control of Manchester United by buying more shares from Harry Dobson.

Click here to read our earlier story on Glazer's £790 million bid for United.

The American tycoon followed up his buy-out of Irish duo J.P.McManus and John Magnier's Cubic Expression vehicle by splashing out on the 17 million shares owned by Dobson's Mountbarrow Investments Ltd.

With Dobson selling his 6.45 percent stake in The Red Devils, it is surely only a matter of time before Glazer has the 75 percent total that rubber-stamps his takeover and takes the company private.

After taking control earlier on Thursday, the American has paid 300p per share to Dobson, according to a statement released on the Regulatory News Service.

The developments mean he owns a definite 63.25 percent of United, although reports are suggesting that the actual figure could now be nudging 70 percent.

Some sources are indicating that the 75 percent threshold could even be breached within 24 hours, although it may take a little longer before the Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner gets his way.

Glazer has overall control, in any case, and could make sweeping changes within 60 days - including alterations to the current board.

United supporters are planning to protest at Old Trafford on Thursday evening as they continue to fight the takeover.

Its been estimated that they will lose 20,000 season ticket holders in protest! :D

107514[/snapback]

Nah, they'll just get 20k new ones if that happens. Unfortunately for Man Utd their popularity means that even if 20,000 people make a protest next year and decide never to watch them again (unlikely in itself), there will be another 20k, probably from all around the world, ready to step in and take their place.

Theres talk of burning season ticket renewals, boycotting the club and even creating a new club- AFC Wimbeldon style. How far do you think it will all go?

And do you think they will ever go into huge debt and have to sell the top players?

Theres talk of burning season ticket renewals, boycotting the club and even creating a new club- AFC Wimbeldon style. How far do you think it will all go?

And do you think they will ever go into huge debt and have to sell the top players?

107539[/snapback]

Glazer is borrowing 250 million, which he will transfer to Man U, to fund the deal. :D:D;):thumbup:

107539[/snapback]

Glazer is borrowing 250 million, which he will transfer to Man U, to fund the deal. :D:D;):thumbup:

107544[/snapback]

Unfortunately it will be the fans that have to pay back that debt through increased ticket prices and merchandising. So much for the people's game.

I think all fans should get behind those at Manure in order to show leeches like Murdoch and Glazer that our game is not for sale. We at Leicester have seen the consequences of financial mismanagement, so should be all the more ready to support the ManU dissenters.

I think all fans should get behind those at Manure in order to show leeches like Murdoch and Glazer that our game is not for sale. We at Leicester have seen the consequences of financial mismanagement, so should be all the more ready to support the ManU dissenters.

107886[/snapback]

A nice idea in principle, but where were other team's fans when the shit hit our fan? Too busy calling us cheats due to media misrepresentation.

I'm sorry, but you treat others the way you want to be treated, and they're getting back every ounce of sympathy from me that they've given.

As I say, people are over-reacting.

The main reason there is such angry sentiment is that he is non-UK, hasn't ever stepped foot in Old Trafford and is buying Man U purely for commercial reasons.

He is not borrowing heavily to plunge Man U into massive debt and administration. To do that would lose him a lot of money.

The only real cause for complaint is that he will probably raise season ticket prices at Old Trafford, which I am thoroughly unbothered about.

107886[/snapback]

A nice idea in principle, but where were other team's fans when the shit hit our fan? Too busy calling us cheats due to media misrepresentation.

I'm sorry, but you treat others the way you want to be treated, and they're getting back every ounce of sympathy from me that they've given.

107920[/snapback]

Good point Lisa but the problem is it the most high profile example of a trend in football where clubs are bought and sold on a commercial basis with no thought for the fans, who are the lifeblood of any club. And I think it is up to the fans to stop the rot. ;)

As I say, people are over-reacting.

The main reason there is such angry sentiment is that he is non-UK, hasn't ever stepped foot in Old Trafford and is buying Man U purely for commercial reasons.

He is not borrowing heavily to plunge Man U into massive debt and administration.  To do that would lose him a lot of money.

The only real cause for complaint is that he will probably raise season ticket prices at Old Trafford, which I am thoroughly unbothered about.

107946[/snapback]

I think the problems go a lot further. He is borrowing on future earnings from Manure and you're right about season tickets but added to that is merchandise. However, if the club suffer a serious dip in (mid table) form and repayments can't be made then they're buggered.

Apparently UEFA are about to introduce a ruling that prevents heavily indebted clubs from entering European competitions.

107886[/snapback]

107920[/snapback]

Good point Lisa but the problem is it the most high profile example of a trend in football where clubs are bought and sold on a commercial basis with no thought for the fans, who are the lifeblood of any club. And I think it is up to the fans to stop the rot. ;)

107949[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I'm just bitter, that's all!

107886[/snapback]

107920[/snapback]

107949[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I'm just bitter, that's all!

107971[/snapback]

Understandably so, we at Leicester always seem to get a hard time from the media etc. Oh well, at least we're not Millwall.

The Independent Manchester United Supporters Association (IMUSA) are the problem not Glazer. They are ignorant, bigoted and dumb. If Man U does go down the tubes under Glazer it will be because of their wrecking antics.

Glazer's leveraged take-over is the direct result of IMUSA's absurd behaviour a few seasons back when they persuaded a cowardly government to twist the arm of the Monopolies and Merger Commission to stop the Murdoch bid.

The Manc politically correct thicko's didn't even appear to grasp the fact that the club was a PLC (I have my doubts as to whether they still do get it) where the Edwards' family (whom they never stopped abusing) were the prinicpal shareholders.

I remember one Manc twat asked why he opposed the Murdoch bid replied: "I want Manchester United to be owned by er...Manchester United." Which is about as absurd as saying that your brand new Hot Rod owns itself. And this from a Manchester City Councillor...

The first useful thing Glazer could do is get rid of Ferguson. He and his greedy family have had their fingers in the till there for far too long. And do the Manc boneheads moan when they continually pay over the odds for their players? Do they ever ask why this is happening? No. They go to racecourses with silly banners and make nasty threats against the men who exposed all the financial shenanigans.

And to cap it all, they then expect Magnier and McManus to hang on to their shares in a club they have no interest in (other than to make a fast buck and to shaft Ferguson - well spotted Barton) and when they don't they threaten them AGAIN.

In short, IMUSA makes LCFC's fickle boneheads look like Einsteins...

Archived