Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

I wasn't having a dig it was the only thing I could think of in the 10 seconds I used to think of that started with T.

It came across as if you were and the sentiments of it certainly do, others will see that as well and assume that Thracian's anti-singing standing etc.

It came across as if you were and the sentiments of it certainly do, others will see that as well and assume that Thracian's anti-singing standing etc.

Yeah that's ok but most of the regulars would know I'm not even from the UK and would never have meet him or anyone from the forum. Sorry if it offended not my intention.

Perhaps it's time that we spoke to the club again about setting up such a group in L and K. After all, we now have a successful precedent to point to in this division with the Holmesdale Fanatics, standing and singing is prevalent in those parts of the stadium already and Jobber, as a member of the FCC, could be brought on board to argue the case with the club. The Health and Safety bods have been either defeated or have decided to leave L and K alone in many ways so bringing in flags and banners, as well as other other things such as blue and white papers to create Tifos needn't be as difficult to achieve as it was in N. I also think the club has improved its stewarding enough to make it happen, as most of the stewards are fair in the way they treat us there so long as you aren't trying to spark off too much confrontation.

Perhaps it's time that we spoke to the club again about setting up such a group in L and K. After all, we now have a successful precedent to point to in this division with the Holmesdale Fanatics, standing and singing is prevalent in those parts of the stadium already and Jobber, as a member of the FCC, could be brought on board to argue the case with the club. The Health and Safety bods have been either defeated or have decided to leave L and K alone in many ways so bringing in flags and banners, as well as other other things such as blue and white papers to create Tifos needn't be as difficult to achieve as it was in N. I also think the club has improved its stewarding enough to make it happen, as most of the stewards are fair in the way they treat us there so long as you aren't trying to spark off too much confrontation.

Why go through the club? Why not just do it?

No one asked the club if they could stand in L1, it just emerged over time. From past experience it seems to me the club are best left out of things. And I'm not just referring to N block but also my Charity Run idea which the club blocked on similar "health and safety" principles - in other words they lacked the enthusiasm/balls to go through with it.

Why go through the club? Why not just do it?

No one asked the club if they could stand in L1, it just emerged over time. From past experience it seems to me the club are best left out of things. And I'm not just referring to N block but also my Charity Run idea which the club blocked on similar "health and safety" principles - in other words they lacked the enthusiasm/balls to go through with it.

A fair point actually. Just the worry that the club will clamp down on this like a ton of bricks, ruining what we already have there as they get really strict on all aspects of the atmosphere, lingers in my mind. I'd hate for L and K to go the same way as N has.

As I've said before, we already have a couple of elements in the amount of people who stand in the two blocks and sing for most of the game. It's just about growing it now, perhaps give the Ultra movement some internet presence beyond the Facebook group, which has already attracted over 100 members by itself. If we advertise it enough and make the efforts that Liam, Sam, Andy and Dave have in L1 and at away games, hopefully we can get more fans to become pro-active off our own backs.

A fair point actually. Just the worry that the club will clamp down on this like a ton of bricks, ruining what we already have there as they get really strict on all aspects of the atmosphere, lingers in my mind. I'd hate for L and K to go the same way as N has.

As I've said before, we already have a couple of elements in the amount of people who stand in the two blocks and sing for most of the game. It's just about growing it now, perhaps give the Ultra movement some internet presence beyond the Facebook group, which has already attracted over 100 members by itself. If we advertise it enough and make the efforts that Liam, Sam, Andy and Dave have in L1 and at away games, hopefully we can get more fans to become pro-active off our own backs.

They're just as, if not more likely to clamp down if you go and say things like that to them whereas if it gradually grows then they are less likely to notice subtle differences and what they don't know officially it gives them the chance of turning a blind eye too. No way are they going to officially approve of a group of people who they know have every intention of standing as was demonstrated by the N Block treachery once they realised it involved standing.

I don't think we have the intention of asking Kevin Barclay for permission or actually asking that twat anything for that matter

well maybe apart from what's the biggest flag pole we are allowed

I don't think we have the intention of asking Kevin Barclay for permission or actually asking that twat anything for that matter

well maybe apart from what's the biggest flag pole we are allowed

That's my only concern. As for ordinary sized flags and banners, they're in. Where's the best place to have them made/designed? There are some really good ones on the group, particularly liking the ANTIFA one.

That's my only concern. As for ordinary sized flags and banners, they're in. Where's the best place to have them made/designed? There are some really good ones on the group, particularly liking the ANTIFA one.

We have to make them!

Theres a detailed explanation on the UK ultras forum

but i am really not very artsy at all

but thats the whole point of them! there ment to be shoddy and home made!

We have to make them!

Theres a detailed explanation on the UK ultras forum

but i am really not very artsy at all

but thats the whole point of them! there ment to be shoddy and home made!

Jesus, I have a job drawing stickmen. This could be a giggle.

If someone can post a design of a flag, i'll happily make it and take it to the pre-season friendlies.

There are several on the Harborough District Ultras group if you want to take your pick. :thumbup:

Not sure how an ultra group can really ever evolve if people that want to get involved can't move to be amongst it. Surely it'd just be L1 as it is now except with a few people waving a flags and working on a few new chants and a lot of the other regulars wondering what all this European style bollocks is.

Any particular favourites?

Not sure really, but it might be a plan to approach whoever uploaded the image to see whether or not they plan to make a flag based on the image themselves. There are some good ones there though, so there's definitely food for thought. Maybe try making your own as well and upload them to the group, the more the merrier I say.

If someone can post a design of a flag, i'll happily make it and take it to the pre-season friendlies.

Design your own mate

just make sure it's ultra :cool:

it can either be a proper flag or a 2 stick

like this..

2stick.jpg

here's a step by step guide to making a 2 stick flag

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6750/1wb5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D2598&usg=__5PWM5yfuHy6dQg2nuZTL2qzHYns=&h=461&w=615&sz=73&hl=en&start=16&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=ImOGqlaJG5jo2M:&tbnh=102&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dultras%2B2%2Bstick%2Bflag%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

If you do make one post it onto our facebook group

we're planning to make the first pre season away friendly our test run, and gunna see how many people and flags we can get

if anybody wants to be part just join the group link i posted

and we'll do a message about it

Not sure how an ultra group can really ever evolve if people that want to get involved can't move to be amongst it. Surely it'd just be L1 as it is now except with a few people waving a flags and working on a few new chants and a lot of the other regulars wondering what all this European style bollocks is.

Hopefully it would grow and evolve by exactly that method, people wondering what it's all about and taking the time to find out. As L has sold out, K is now growing and J3 is showing early signs of improving as K fills up. Perhaps people who want to get involved would start to move into the vocal areas like this, or even extend it to the Kop.

Requested to join the group on faceybook, and joined the UK Ultras' forum. We could be onto something special, although if it's in L1 we might have trouble getting new people in for home games.

Most of us all sit in L1 anyway

and i can assure you if an ultra group got going, and everyone involved met up before the game, had flags made, bounced all game and sang all the new songs AFIE and others came up with it would be a lot better

one of the most fun i have had at a home game was at swansea home in the FA cup

we had about 10 of us bouncing and singing european songs we came up with and i loved it

and so did everyone we were with

if i could do that every game with a bigger group i would chose that over L1

cause not everybody in L1 is like that, they'd happily sing 'leicester leicester leicester' but nothing with a few more words

so it's just about getting enough people together who are willing to make flags sing new songs

and maybe a bit of pyro too :ph34r: .....

Back of SK1 would be prime location for me as this is where my season ticket is however, it has to suit the majority obviously. On the flag front, I am not at all artisticy(sp) so if i tried to design one it will probably look crap, i'll give it a go after dinner though, any particular message which people would like on the flag?

Most of us all sit in L1 anyway

and i can assure you if an ultra group got going, and everyone involved met up before the game, had flags made, bounced all game and sang all the new songs AFIE and others came up with it would be a lot better

one of the most fun i have had at a home game was at swansea home in the FA cup

we had about 10 of us bouncing and singing european songs we came up with and i loved it

and so did everyone we were with

if i could do that every game with a bigger group i would chose that over L1

cause not everybody in L1 is like that, they'd happily sing 'leicester leicester leicester' but nothing with a few more words

so it's just about getting enough people together who are willing to make flags sing new songs

and maybe a bit of pyro too :ph34r: .....

G1 might be a good bet for moving, is mostly empty especially toward the back.

Hopefully it would grow and evolve by exactly that method, people wondering what it's all about and taking the time to find out. As L has sold out, K is now growing and J3 is showing early signs of improving as K fills up. Perhaps people who want to get involved would start to move into the vocal areas like this, or even extend it to the Kop.

...but it would cost someone £100 to move their ST from the kop to K or £150 to move to J3.

Regardless of that, even if someone could afford it, you still can't congregate. Ideally you need the people in L/K/J who want to get involved to be able to stand together. Even if someone moved their season ticket to K, they could be standing rows away from the next lad that gives a fook about it.

Obviously though, there's no perfect way to do it at the Walkers.

Archived