Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Identity Cards

its a loada fockwat..

why have identity cards when u can just use your birth certificate or passport..

110946[/snapback]

So that your every movement can be tracked. :unsure::huh::unsure:

"They" do come up with more and more bizarre ways to waste our money don't they? 10/10 for this one, a counter terroism measure that will take a decade to implement!

110978[/snapback]

Whatever it is, it is not a counter Terrorism measure. :nono: Here the "they" are Government who are supposed to serve the People, I am not sure that happens any more. :( <_< :(

Just another excuse for delving into people's personal lives.

Completely cost-inefficient, just like many things that the government does.

A lot of money for something that will take so long to come into effect. Would I have a problem having one, the answer is no. If you haven't got something to hide I don't see the trouble with it.

A lot of money for something that will take so long to come into effect. Would I have a problem having one, the answer is no. If you haven't got something to hide I don't see the trouble with it.

111011[/snapback]

If I am walking about as an innocent subject, which I do, why do I need to give any information to the Government, which they will abuse, and why do I need to identify myself. If I am not doing anything illegal how can any Government have the right to start poking into my private affairs even if that is just to go to Waitrose. :nono::nono:

It is an internal Passport in the old Soviet-style. I know why so many East Europeans come to the UK, it reminds them of the old days. :( <_<

111011[/snapback]

If I am walking about as an innocent subject, which I do, why do I need to give any information to the Government, which they will abuse, and why do I need to identify myself. If I am not doing anything illegal how can any Government have the right to start poking into my private affairs even if that is just to go to Waitrose. :nono::nono:

It is an internal Passport in the old Soviet-style. I know why so many East Europeans come to the UK, it reminds them of the old days. :( <_<

111022[/snapback]

I really don't care if the government know everything I do. They can pry into my life as much as they want. Why do I care if they know I go to waitrose/tesco? It isn't going to make any difference.

I think the fact that the police could stop someone dodgy in the street and instantly know who that person is can only be a good thing.

111011[/snapback]

111022[/snapback]

I really don't care if the government know everything I do. They can pry into my life as much as they want. Why do I care if they know I go to waitrose/tesco? It isn't going to make any difference.

I think the fact that the police could stop someone dodgy in the street and instantly know who that person is can only be a good thing.

111034[/snapback]

Many a Politburo Chief found that argument persuasive as well. :( <_<

111011[/snapback]

111022[/snapback]

111034[/snapback]

111070[/snapback]

It's going to be one of those 50% for 50% against things. There is no right or wrong in this argument really.

111011[/snapback]

111022[/snapback]

111034[/snapback]

111070[/snapback]

It's going to be one of those 50% for 50% against things. There is no right or wrong in this argument really.

111137[/snapback]

There is a right and wrong here, but you and I will never agree. :D:D:thumbup:;)

111011[/snapback]

111022[/snapback]

111034[/snapback]

111070[/snapback]

111137[/snapback]

There is a right and wrong here, but you and will never agree. :D:D:thumbup:;)

111140[/snapback]

Ha ha ha... neither will you!!!

its a loada fockwat..

why have identity cards when u can just use your birth certificate or passport..

110946[/snapback]

So that your every movement can be tracked. :unsure::huh::unsure:

110974[/snapback]

if this, they want to follow me about they're more than welcome but they'll get bored

Firstly, I've nothing to hide, so on that point I don't care.

Secondly, as someone who still gets asked for ID ( :blush: ) it doesn't bother me. Although this then raises the question that my driving licence is sufficient in this case, and the proposed ID card looks very similar, why don't we just use that as an ID card instead? Without all the extra crap they want like biometrics etc?

111011[/snapback]

111022[/snapback]

I knew you were posh Steven, now it has been confirmed.

Archived