Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Real Slim Shady

Best Leicester Band Ever...

The best Leicester band ever have upped sticks and moved to London:

http://thequietus.com/articles/04441-leaving-leicestershire-the-wave-pictures-interview

All hail The Wave Pictures.

Instant Coffee Baby is a modern classic, and they continue to delight with every new song.

Has anyone else heard of them? If not, you'll love them, I assure you. Can't believe they aren't bigger than Arctic Monkeys when their songs are much more intelligent and sweeter.

christ, it really pisses me off that when these journalists tally up leicestershire's contribution to music, they always leave out 'Family'

and this guy is from leicester which makes it even worse.

'Family' are one of the most underrated bands ever, go listen people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdGTXcRyiKI

These? Not my cup of tea.

well, admittedly, they are an acquired taste, but on record they are a lot mellower and very versatile, drawing from a lot of different styles.

great vid tho, would love to have been there for that show.

christ, it really pisses me off that when these journalists tally up leicestershire's contribution to music, they always leave out 'Family'

and this guy is from leicester which makes it even worse.

'Family' are one of the most underrated bands ever, go listen people

Family were awesome. The band Chapman formed afterwards, Streetwalkers, weren't half bad as well.

One of my all time GREAT weekends involved:

Friday: Dr Feelgood in Manchester (Free Trade Hall)

Saturday: Leicester 3, Burnley 2 at Filbert Street, Streetwalkers at Leic Uni.

Sunday: sleep

Perfect.

Diesel Park West,great local band who almost nearly made it
Also tried to find a clip of The Swinging Laurels,probably most famous for backing Funboy 3,Beautiful South and CultureClub ( i think)

• 5 weeks later...

The best Leicester band ever have upped sticks and moved to London:

http://thequietus.com/articles/04441-leaving-leicestershire-the-wave-pictures-interview

All hail The Wave Pictures.

Instant Coffee Baby is a modern classic, and they continue to delight with every new song.

Has anyone else heard of them? If not, you'll love them, I assure you. Can't believe they aren't bigger than Arctic Monkeys when their songs are much more intelligent and sweeter.

I grew up with them, used to play football with them, nice set of guys but not really to my taste, there is better out there for sure. Jersey Budd and Kasabian to name two.

Archived