Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

One of those recommend me some music threads

A lot of you know what I like but don't let that constrain you.

My only requirements are that 1. it's relatively new (I don't have enough new music (as in last/this year) and 2. it sounds good.

I'm in a lull and I don't want to wait for CD Swap so if anyone has anything that's blown them away or made them tap their feet recently stick it in here.

Not necessarily feet tapping stuff but Cherry Ghost's new album is worth a listen if you don't already have it. The Quails - Master of Imperfection is a cracking listen too. Moguai's We Ar Lyve (yes I know the spelling police should be onto me for that but I swear it's how it's spelt :D) is kinda cool if you like a bit of tech house kinda stuff, saw him supporting Deadmau5.

Hope there's something in there to entertain :thumbup:

A lot of you know what I like but don't let that constrain you.

My only requirements are that 1. it's relatively new (I don't have enough new music (as in last/this year) and 2. it sounds good.

I'm in a lull and I don't want to wait for CD Swap so if anyone has anything that's blown them away or made them tap their feet recently stick it in here.

I did a cool mix the other week for a mate if you want I can upload it again for you? it's got some cool stuff on it

I did a cool mix the other week for a mate if you want I can upload it again for you? it's got some cool stuff on it

Yes please!

By the way I went to a drum n bass night in Mumbai last night. They played some very respectable dnb and dubstep including some proper Indian stuff. It sounded fucking good so am trying to track some down to stick in the CD Swap.

Yes please!

By the way I went to a drum n bass night in Mumbai last night. They played some very respectable dnb and dubstep including some proper Indian stuff. It sounded fucking good so am trying to track some down to stick in the CD Swap.

cool!! will upload my mix and facebook the link to you then!

Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers

Always look forward to a hairy recommendation. Got this last night, look forward to it.

Am planning on listening to a lot of these over the next week as I have two 2 hour flights and two 15 hour coach journeys - plenty of time for some new music.

Will hopefully give some feedback next week sometime.

You'll have to pardon my total and utter ignorance when it comes to the electric music scene, but, can I work under the assumption you already know Shpongle and thus my recommending my current tipple will be, to put it kindly in Fez' words "a bit like me recommending Flogging Molly to you?"

If so, I'm going back into my box and leaving this thread to Jay. If not - it's all on Spotify. :ph34r:

You'll have to pardon my total and utter ignorance when it comes to the electric music scene, but, can I work under the assumption you already know Shpongle and thus my recommending my current tipple will be, to put it kindly in Fez' words "a bit like me recommending Flogging Molly to you?"

If so, I'm going back into my box and leaving this thread to Jay. If not - it's all on Spotify. :ph34r:

You should have more faith in yourself Finnegan. I've never even heard of Shpongle. From reading the Wikipedia entry it would appear they are a couple of hippies knocking out psy-trance - worth a go, I'll take a look.

Have you heard of Infected Mushroom? I have a strange feeling you may like them.

Bit like Finners, I'm sure you'll have heard of them already and I'll look like a numpty (it's was also Jay who suggested 'em to me, so I can't take any of the credit!) but have you listened to Caribou? He/they might be something you're interested in? :dunno:

You should have more faith in yourself Finnegan. I've never even heard of Shpongle. From reading the Wikipedia entry it would appear they are a couple of hippies knocking out psy-trance - worth a go, I'll take a look.

Have you heard of Infected Mushroom? I have a strange feeling you may like them.

Love Infected Mushroom. :thumbup:

Oh, and:

Very nice music to relax to.

Really like that Mark. Found an album by one of them called Polaroid Piano so will have a listen to that as well.

Plenty to keep me occupied, thanks all. Will come back with some feedback and hopefully some recommemdations of my own soon.

Really like that Mark. Found an album by one of them called Polaroid Piano so will have a listen to that as well.

Plenty to keep me occupied, thanks all. Will come back with some feedback and hopefully some recommemdations of my own soon.

I recommend Grace by Haruka Nakamura. :)

From 2008 but only stumbled on this album this year. Fucking quality. The Mr Scruff tune is probably the standout track on the album.

If you like it please support the artist and buy it :thumbup:

http://www.7digital.com/artists/swell-session/swell-communications/

Quality album Crouchy.

FB message/link sent to those who wanted it!

No surprise to say there are some absolute corkers on this mix Jay. Love the Caribou and CocoRosie tunes. The Emika one is sensational (think you posted that on here ahwile ago) and the Jape tune is also really good. Have still got a few more to listen to. Only ones I'd heard before were the Photek one and Fever Ray.

Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers

Think this one's a grower. Enjoyed it first time round but not as much as I thought I would. Definitely going to give it another go.

Am still working my way through the other recommendations but cheers all, have found some great new music from this thread.

glad you like some of the tunes James the coco rosie tune is ace they are a bit hit and miss sometimes but when they hit it's brilliant!!

As for Emika it's a simply stunning stunning song the bass, vocals and the different layers on the song are amazing, her second single is worth looking up as well.

I seriously can't wait for her debut album to finally come out, although the level of bass she uses seriously f**ks up your car speakers even when it's as quiet as possible

Archived