Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

One of those recommend me some music threads

I seriously can't wait for her debut album to finally come out, although the level of bass she uses seriously f**ks up your car speakers even when it's as quiet as possible

Woman using too much bass? I think I'm in love.

Have a look at some Dessa, James, may be up your street I'm not too sure.

Will do, cheers Joe.

• 2 months later...

long story short i've got a return to make on monday and want to get myself a new band to listen to in the process - I like stereophonics, kasabian, arctic monkeys, muse, enter shikari, the prodigy, pendulum, biffy clyro, the killers, arcade fire - can anyone suggest a band that play the same sort of music as one of the bands on that list?

long story short i've got a return to make on monday and want to get myself a new band to listen to in the process - I like stereophonics, kasabian, arctic monkeys, muse, enter shikari, the prodigy, pendulum, biffy clyro, the killers, arcade fire - can anyone suggest a band that play the same sort of music as one of the bands on that list?

Bloc Party,Feeder,Ladyhawke?

James Blake

I do struggle a bit with dubstep but some of his songs are pretty interesting, thanks for the shout

on a dubstep vibe, Avery Tare from Animal Collectives solo album has some quality dubstep(ish) tunes like this one

I do struggle a bit with dubstep but some of his songs are pretty interesting, thanks for the shout

Wouldn't call James Blake dubstep really. Have a listen to this track, probably my favourite by him - really interesting sound.

Wouldn't call James Blake dubstep really. Have a listen to this track, probably my favourite by him - really interesting sound.

his new single has some f**king ludicrous bass in it for such a mellow song

his new single has some f**king ludicrous bass in it for such a mellow song

Genuinely some of the most exciting stuff I've heard in ages.

Produced by Burial

Love this one as well, nice find mate.

• 4 weeks later...

You'll have to pardon my total and utter ignorance when it comes to the electric music scene, but, can I work under the assumption you already know Shpongle and thus my recommending my current tipple will be, to put it kindly in Fez' words "a bit like me recommending Flogging Molly to you?"

Very random but ended up seeing a Shpongle DJ set at the weekend. Fuck knows what they were doing in Mumbai, the electronic scene here is pretty shite (although I can see potential).

As it goes though they played an absolutely belting tech-house set, will definitely keep an eye out for other gigs.

Archived