Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

NBA 2K11

Drafted to the Heat!

WHAT!?

I hate you.

Saying that I beat the Heat last night with my shitty Pistons team and it was honestly one of the highlights of my life. I had to guard Lebron aswell, was cacking myself everytime he got the ball but I managed to restrict him to 9 points by the end whereas I got 23 points and the player of the game! :D

I love it.

WHAT!?

I hate you.

Saying that I beat the Heat last night with my shitty Pistons team and it was honestly one of the highlights of my life. I had to guard Lebron aswell, was cacking myself everytime he got the ball but I managed to restrict him to 9 points by the end whereas I got 23 points and the player of the game! :D

I love it.

Haha it's only because I suck and went 2nd round. I was projected to the Lakers but Miami stole me :cry:

But i'm a SF, so i'm basically LeBron's bitch.

Which game have you got Ozwin, you are making me want it. I'd be shite but worth a try if I can find it cheaply.

I've got 2k11, the other one isn't even out, they recalled it because it was so hideously bad compared to 2Ks version.

And I want to play you guys. You on 360?

If you don't follow basketball that much then the game will get you into it, I wasn't the biggest fan when I first bought a basketball game but it sucks you in.

I'm thinking of buying NBA League Pass Broadband this season too, watch loads of games without having to put up with shitty ESPN cutting off at 4am every night.

Can't wait.

I just this minute started mine, the options are brilliant compared to Live. Can control more than one team, can shorten the season (although I chose not to for my first attempt) and stuff like that. Expecting alot from my 11 Lakers, seeing as my 09 and 10 both won multile rings on live :P:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just say that I really suck at NBA 2K11? Losing my VP points like crazy.

Draft games were shit, drafted to the Bucks in the 2nd round.

Pre-season was mostly shit.

And now I'm in the farm team... and playing shit.

Shooting's a big problem for me, I have yet to find the best timing for a good shot.

Being a weak and small PG doesn't help, either.

I think it actually might be the reason why I'm bad at this game.

This game is fantastic, it really is.

There's so much to do on it aswell. I've got about 3 or 4 things going on at once and just can't put it down. :wub:

LD, got any tips for me on how to improve my game?

I think I'm slowly getting a hang of NBA 2K11 during a full game, but I suck at training (shooting, passing, dribbling, etc.).

Jordan's campaigns are hard as ****, though. Only doable when you set your quarter periods to 12 minutes.

How on Earth am I supposed to score 69 points in 20 minutes?laugh.gif

LD, got any tips for me on how to improve my game?

I think I'm slowly getting a hang of NBA 2K11 during a full game, but I suck at training (shooting, passing, dribbling, etc.).

Jordan's campaigns are hard as ****, though. Only doable when you set your quarter periods to 12 minutes.

How on Earth am I supposed to score 69 points in 20 minutes?laugh.gif

Erm, not really. I'm not exactly an expert myself! Although if you have it on 360 i'll play you (same goes for you Ozwin, i'm ready to play you now, I know you're reading :P ) I love it though. I'm still not that great with the jumper, although I played with the Celtics for the first time yesterday and was 5 for 6 from downtown with Ray Allen :wub:

And obviously you should do them with 12 minute quarters!

Damn you, talking about it makes me want to play it again!

Oh yeah, update on my My Player - about 30 games in, i'm sixth man for the Heat averaging about 5.5 a game and a few rebounds. Getting better and better though. I'm a defensive demon.

The presentation is outstanding. A basketball game has never "felt" better.

But the most frustrating part for me is that it's so goddamn hard scoring.

I mean, eventually you figure out to time your shot - thing is, my shots go mostly missing.

And don't get me started on free-throws...

And the opposition AI defends ruthlessly. I mean, they're virtually all over the place. My turnover rate is shambolic.

Btw, does your virtual basketball alter ego grow the way the VPs do in EA's games?

I'm still at a meagre 37 overall. Ahem.

Also, I can't believe how bad the Raptors are on this game.

I played them against the Kings and lost somewhere in the region of 120-70.:ph34r:

I havn't played this in ages. FM11 has got me hooked.

I still havn't got over you calling me names lildave in the Fosse Boys topic. :angry:

You deserved it!

The presentation is outstanding. A basketball game has never "felt" better.

But the most frustrating part for me is that it's so goddamn hard scoring.

I mean, eventually you figure out to time your shot - thing is, my shots go mostly missing.

And don't get me started on free-throws...

And the opposition AI defends ruthlessly. I mean, they're virtually all over the place. My turnover rate is shambolic.

Btw, does your virtual basketball alter ego grow the way the VPs do in EA's games?

I'm still at a meagre 37 overall. Ahem.

Also, I can't believe how bad the Raptors are on this game.

I played them against the Kings and lost somewhere in the region of 120-70.:ph34r:

What level are you playing on? And who with mostly?

Yeah some of the free throw routines piss me right off. Played with Shaq and he just sat there with it resting on his hand for about 10 minutes then suddenly let go. How am I supposed to know when to release that!

It does grow, as you improve your stats the overall gets higher. Shouldn't worry too much about overall though. Think i'm 49.

And the Raptors suck in real life too! Bet Tyreke Evans went off in that game aswell didn't he, he always seems to be unplayable when I go up against him.

Archived