Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

NBA 2K11

What level are you playing on? And who with mostly?

Yeah some of the free throw routines piss me right off. Played with Shaq and he just sat there with it resting on his hand for about 10 minutes then suddenly let go. How am I supposed to know when to release that!

It does grow, as you improve your stats the overall gets higher. Shouldn't worry too much about overall though. Think i'm 49.

And the Raptors suck in real life too! Bet Tyreke Evans went off in that game aswell didn't he, he always seems to be unplayable when I go up against him.

I just started a "My Player" career and got drafted by the Bucks in the 2nd round, but currently linger with their feeder team, the Bakersfield Jam.

I play on Pro level (which is already hard enough).

Free throws are a bummer - every player's different and you have to sort of "guess" the right moment - pulling down the right directional pad for it to start, then move it up to shoot.

But to be fair, Shaq and free throws spells disaster, anyway.lol

When do your overall stats improve then? Once you play for your pro team in the NBA?

I'm doing better each game, with a focus on a solid defensive display, yet have to get a better overall rating.

Ended up with 9 points, 11 assists and 2 defensive rebounds last night.

I just started a "My Player" career and got drafted by the Bucks in the 2nd round, but currently linger with their feeder team, the Bakersfield Jam.

I play on Pro level (which is already hard enough).

Free throws are a bummer - every player's different and you have to sort of "guess" the right moment - pulling down the right directional pad for it to start, then move it up to shoot.

But to be fair, Shaq and free throws spells disaster, anyway.lol

When do your overall stats improve then? Once you play for your pro team in the NBA?

I'm doing better each game, with a focus on a solid defensive display, yet have to get a better overall rating.

Ended up with 9 points, 11 assists and 2 defensive rebounds last night.

lol How did you end up in the D-League! Jeez! Yeah I play on pro too.

Yeah free throws can be frustrating but I seem to the lucky roll quite often.

Yeah, after each game you get skill points yeah? Then you use those skill points to improve your individual stats. Please tell me you've been doing that?

Shaq's free throw style is absolutely impossible to master, the same with that Rockets player, forgot his name now.

Will definately have to play you lot sometime, I'm a bit rusty at the minute but I'll soon get back into it.

Last time I was on it I got traded to the Lakers and havn't been on it since... :ph34r: My subconcious is telling me something there eh lildave? :P

Shaq's free throw style is absolutely impossible to master, the same with that Rockets player, forgot his name now.

Will definately have to play you lot sometime, I'm a bit rusty at the minute but I'll soon get back into it.

Last time I was on it I got traded to the Lakers and havn't been on it since... :ph34r: My subconcious is telling me something there eh lildave? :P

Yeah, you must have realised you'd never get a game ahead of Ron 'Champion' Artest! :D

Haha, I think I'd have enough of My Player tbh, I played probably 65/70 matches in the season and it was starting to get a bit boring. Saying that I was a Pistons players which didn't help things.

I wanna get a good Association going but I'm too busy at the mo to even think of starting one. I wanna figure out how to use plays properly because a lot of the time I feel like I'm running around in circles trying to find an opening.

Haha, I think I'd have enough of My Player tbh, I played probably 65/70 matches in the season and it was starting to get a bit boring. Saying that I was a Pistons players which didn't help things.

I wanna get a good Association going but I'm too busy at the mo to even think of starting one. I wanna figure out how to use plays properly because a lot of the time I feel like I'm running around in circles trying to find an opening.

What's hard about running plays?

Don't you think it's dead clunky having to press right/left on the d-pad to pick one and then got through the routine marked out on the floor to get it to work?

A. No.

B.Why are you doing that? Press lb, then who you want to run a play for, then select play, the run play. Simple.

I thought I would stay in the D-League forever, but comes half-season, comes surprise.

Slowly, but steadily settled in as PG for the Bakersfield Jam, my ratings improve.

Up to the day when I score an A.

And with that, a call-up to the New York Knicks follows, offering me a 10-day contract in which I'm supposed to convince them to sign me permanently.

So far, I'm not doing too shabby. In fact, I'm one of the best scorers for the Knicks. And that with a current overall rating of 41!!!

I've particularly improved my 3-point shot and my free throws.

However, I can't believe how bad New York are in offense, it's so frustrating when you're putting in decent performances in almost every game only for the other team members missing their chances.

Stoudamire about the only one able to chip in more than 20 points a game.

Hopefully, I'll develop into a franchise player in the near future.thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry, but something's terribly wrong with this game.

No matter how good you play, your teammates will screw it up. I can be topscorer, yet the others fail to convert the easiest of chances.

I've now lost 7 (!) in a row in the NBA.

Coming up with multiple 40+ points games, doesn't help.

And that's only on Pro.sad.gif

I'm sorry, but something's terribly wrong with this game.

No matter how good you play, your teammates will screw it up. I can be topscorer, yet the others fail to convert the easiest of chances.

I've now lost 7 (!) in a row in the NBA.

Coming up with multiple 40+ points games, doesn't help.

And that's only on Pro.sad.gif

Do you actually play anything other than myplayer?

Do you actually play anything other than myplayer?

Haven't started a regular season in manager mode yet.

Tried my hands on the Jordan challenges a few times, but always burnt my fingers. Way too difficult. And you can't switch to 12-minute quarters, either.

Only completed one quick game (Raptors vs. Kings) yet - don't have that much time at my hands playing it properly.

Besides, frustration level's quite high in the MyPlayer mode, so I usually quit after a few unsuccessful tries.

And, like I said, that's only on Pro.

The really frustrating thing is that your own AI-controlled teammates come up with the most horrendous passes that either end up in turnovers (not saying that I'm not guilty myselfwhistle.gif) or out of bounds.

Also, the opposition, no matter how strong the other team is or where they sit in the current NBA table, have a habit of hitting much more of their shots than my own players.

And the Knicks would be nothing without me, Stoudamire and/or Chandler.

This game is really realistic and playing the good teams is what makes this so frustrating.

For instance, I lost about 7 games out of 8, then came a trip to Memphis and the Grizzlies were so easy to play against compared to Utah, Cleveland or Milwaukee.

Their shooting percentage was bad, defending them was a piece of cake, so I won 112-104 in the end.

Then comes a trip to Dallas and boy are the Mavericks trouble. They defend way better, their awareness is superb, they come up with steals for fun (my turnover rate in this game is err... guess...).

Also, whereas doing 3s was fun vs. Memphis, here it's bloody difficult. Facing Jason Kidd doesn't help, either. He'll close you down and make it hard for you to get anything started.

I sense that, no matter how well I play, I'll still lose out.

LD and Oz - what's your gamertag? I should be good enough for a virtual one-on-one.

I think I'm improving my game on this, managed to get out of a losing streak, won four in a row now - including an epic low-scoring battle against the Celtics.

Archived