Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

NBA 2K11

LD and Oz - what's your gamertag? I should be good enough for a virtual one-on-one.

I think I'm improving my game on this, managed to get out of a losing streak, won four in a row now - including an epic low-scoring battle against the Celtics.

Mine is same as my name on here, lildave3.

I'm on now if you fancy it? :whistle:

I dont think Ive ever seen you online!!!

I'm online now!

But I don't usually go on it. I don't really like playing online tbh, especially against random people. People on friends lists isn't too bad but I only really play Madden and 2k11 and not many people have them!

Well done LD - good matchup until the last quarter where the difference in class showed.

But still, I hope I surprised you a bit with my moves. lol

Btw, the first lobby game was a bit of a coincidence, I didn't know any better.

Okafor - shocking!! You can tell I don't like playing as a center.

Well done LD - good matchup until the last quarter where the difference in class showed.

But still, I hope I surprised you a bit with my moves. lol

Btw, the first lobby game was a bit of a coincidence, I didn't know any better.

Okafor - shocking!! You can tell I don't like playing as a center.

2 of the ugliest games i've ever seen! lol It's very different playing online.

The first game was ridiculous, at one point we were shooting 11% from the field :laugh: Never played as CP3 or the Hornets before though, so there's something.

And the second game was interesting. Was turning the ball over for fun with Nash :blink: and just couldn't get it going, but Dragic and Warrick were class! They won me it.

Definitely up for playing again sometime - you're next Ozwin! :devil:

What was the score?

The first lobby match we did together in the same team (New Orleans vs. Milwaukee) ended in something like 41 to 21 to the CPU.

The first proper matchup (4-minute intervals) resulted in a fine 39-29 win for LD3.

The first three quarters we were pretty much square, then his Suns pulled away and left my Warriors with nothing but empty hands.

The first lobby match we did together in the same team (New Orleans vs. Milwaukee) ended in something like 41 to 21 to the CPU.

The first proper matchup (4-minute intervals) resulted in a fine 39-29 win for LD3.

The first three quarters we were pretty much square, then his Suns pulled away and left my Warriors with nothing but empty hands.

11-0 run at one point in the fourth, went from being up one in a close game to up 12 :D

Clutch performance :whistle:

Meanwhile, I've gotten to accept the fact that, no matter how good you play, it's no point in trying to re-start and re-start and re-start a clearly lost game when your teammates can't score the same efficient way your opposition does in the re-match.

I tried to beat the 76ers about eight times so far, and failed every single time. Their shooting percentage was out of this world at times, reaching the heights of 60%.

My crap Knicks can't compete with that.

Resistance is pointless.sad.gif I've given up, it's frustrating.

Still, I've managed to pull a winning streak together and four games before the end of the regular season, New York stands at 37-41. 6th in the East.

I fear I won't make it far should I reach the playoffs, though.

I'll surely play you at one point this or next week. ;)

Meanwhile, my first league season has come to a successful end, as my Knicks have made the playoffs. Won all remaining games in the regular season, finishing on .500 with a 41-41 record.

Playing the Bulls in the First Round and have already taken a 2-0 lead with two very solid away wins. Defense was outstanding, though now I'm struggling with Game Three, as Chicago is hitting 50% and more.

Appears to me this is one of these games I'm supposed to lose, no matter how hard I try.

Looking forward to the next season, which would be the first full one for me.

Also heard about the whole Endorsements thing, so I hope I'll be getting my own billboard ad or shoe contract at one point during my Sophomore campaign.

I've also improved my stats and am getting into the Drills, but as a PG at 5'10', Attacking The Basket's a bit of a joke, as I'm simply not strong or big enough to make it past the other players.

The rest is ok, in particular the shooting drill's ton of fun.

My created team franchise is pretty damn fun.

Started out with a team full of free agents/d-league guys but thanks to trades, cap space and great GM'ing I have a good side now in the 2nd season.

Hinrich/Person (71 rated rookie)

Taylor (74 rated rookie), Jennings (D-League, 58 rated but 3 point lethal weapon)

Turkoglu, Matt Barnes

Taj Gibson/Mensah-Bonsu

Marc Gasol and an absolute BEAST of a rookie center. 7'3 mammoth Deon Hudson. I love him.

My playoff experience wasn't too bad. Disposed of the Bulls in four straight, won the series against the Bucks 4-3, but the Heat were too much. Only won one game, but for a No.6 team to make it that far (and with the crap roster the Knicks have) is a bit of an accomplishment.

Now, in the offseason, I've decided to move to the West Coast - and am now the starting PG for the Lakers. :cool:

Only downside is that the team is too dependent on Kobe (forget about winning when he has a bad day), the rest of the team is crap at shooting it seems.

Still, I'm working on increasing my stats and within one season, I have gone from an initial 37 overall to 54 now.

Who knows, I might be the franchise player one day...

Btw, the online pickup games suffer from enormeous lagging. Try to time a shot or play defense on your opposition - forget it.

Btw, the online pickup games suffer from enormeous lagging. Try to time a shot or play defense on your opposition - forget it.

It's fine for me, I've got like a 70% win streak on it now. Love playing as the Knicks on it, they bomb up the court on every posession, they're so fun to play as.

I'm loving it at the minute.

Playing for the Lakers is so much more fun and rewarding than it was with the Knicks.

Averaging 22 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game in my Sophomore Season, and I even get the odd steal and block here and there.

Had done a Kirkland and was out for a couple of games with a back injury, but am back now. Current team record is 14-4.

Looking back, I think I should've invested more Skill Points on the Mental side. That really makes a difference.

But hey, I'm making progress - up to a 61 overall now and have just gotten my first Endorsement deal - I look good on a billboard.:cool:

SI cover and my own Jordans are up next - just don't know when that'll happen.

Even though the Lakers are relying a bit too much on the services of Kobe, defensive-wise, they're the real deal.

It makes for a nice change to see that even when I'm on the bench, they're not letting leads slip away, but building on them.

Attacking the basket is great, because of the various options. Odom, Artest, Bynum can all score (if they want to, that is).

Plus, on the current roster, we've got hold of Josh Childress - one of the few true Afro mofos.

The bench could be a bit better, though. Hardly any of the second-string guys have a knack for scoring.

@Oz: By pickup games I meant the five-on-five backyard thingy where you play against other NBA 2K11 fans - that one's almost unplayable.

My created team franchise is pretty damn fun.

Started out with a team full of free agents/d-league guys but thanks to trades, cap space and great GM'ing I have a good side now in the 2nd season.

Hinrich/Person (71 rated rookie)

Taylor (74 rated rookie), Jennings (D-League, 58 rated but 3 point lethal weapon)

Turkoglu, Matt Barnes

Taj Gibson/Mensah-Bonsu

Marc Gasol and an absolute BEAST of a rookie center. 7'3 mammoth Deon Hudson. I love him.

This team is now awesome. 18-5 at the all star break (29 game season) and Dee Taylor is a monster. Leading the race for MVP and obviously rookie of the year, he's so athletic he can dunk on pretty much anyone and his jumper is nice too. So good in the clutch aswell :wub:

Traded Matt Barnes for Jared Dudley so i'm ridiculous from downtown when him and Jennings come in. Such a good team i've assembled. Be disappointed if I don't win the championship now!

Archived