Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

NBA 2K11

To get out of the routine of playing MyPlayer and after creating another virtual pro (a PF) who got selected in the first round of the draft, surviving Summer Camp along the way, I tried to get some more accomplishments.

Started a game with the Thunder against Cleveland on Pro, attempting to break the 48-point barrier for Durant.

I knew what I was getting myself into, a bit of an unfair matchup against one of the poorest teams in the game (and the worst team in the NBA right now).

Cruised to a victory from start to finish, then suddenly, after the highlights were played, the graphics acted up and I ended up with a black screen. Nothing would move any longer, so I had to bite the bullet and start the game from scratch.

What a bummer.

Good thing about the replay was that I broke the Wire to Wire achievement (for always leading the score end-to-end) and the one for 10 or more blocks in one game (I got 11).

Playing with the Thunder is so much fun - stealing is easy, the resulting fast-breaks even more when you have a beast like Durant going forward. Proper dunk-fest.

Even Westbrook can slam the basket, it's unbelievable. Green and Harden can score three-pointers, too.ph34r.gif

Still have to get 48 points or more with Durant, mind. Too much fun scoring with all the others.

On a sidenote, I also managed to win the Sprite three-point shootout (using Paul Pierce).

I still suck at the Dunk Contest when facing LeBron James. Can't pull off the moves yet.

So, what are your favourite players in the game?

48 points with Durant on Pro - done.

Also, finally completed the first Jordan Challenge (at least 63 points on 50+% shooting and 6 assists against the 85/86 Celtics).

But that was hard work. Very hard.

So not looking forward to the remaining 9.

Alright lads

I got this game the other day and i like it but im not very good at it lol

Anybody got any tips for when your on defence because i cant seem to get the ball off them, im also finding my player and the skill drills hard as well

cheers :thumbup:

Alright lads

I got this game the other day and i like it but im not very good at it lol

Anybody got any tips for when your on defence because i cant seem to get the ball off them, im also finding my player and the skill drills hard as well

cheers :thumbup:

Defense - basic advice is stick close to the player you're guarding and trying to anticipate shots.whistle.gif

And MyPlayer is meant to be hard when you start out, you'll get better with time.

Can't tell you how frustrated I was at the beginning. Patience, patience...

On a sidenote, I've know completed 7 out of 10 Jordan Challenges, with The Shrug being the most annoying of them all.

Scoring more than 35 points and at least six three-pointers in one half is one thing...

... but keeping Clyde Drexler to under 20 points? Pfft...

Defense - basic advice is stick close to the player you're guarding and trying to anticipate shots.whistle.gif

And MyPlayer is meant to be hard when you start out, you'll get better with time.

On a sidenote, I've know completed 7 out of 10 Jordan Challenges, with The Shrug being the most annoying of them all.

Scoring more than 35 points and at least six three-pointers in one half is one thing...

Just double up on him, as long as he gives it up then you've succeeded.

Anyway, i'm just about to start the Finals against Boston. So far swept the Warriors, beat the Kings 4-1 and then beat the Spurs by the same, despite dropping the first game. Was a tough series though, despite the scoreline. Hopefully this will be even tougher. Let's put Dee Taylor to the test!

LT on defense, don't hammer the X button (like I did when I started) and basically make them take hard shots.

If you give most players a contested shot it's most likely going to miss (unless you're Lebron/Kobe/Durant etc) and if you box out your opposite player in the piant (LT too I think) you'll be on your way.

I don't know why I'm talking to you like you don't know anything about basketball, I'm sure you watch it and know the rules. :rolleyes:

Wow. Just played game 3, won it 38-36 with 0.3 remaining. Tied at 36 with the shot clock turned off, Dee Taylor stepback j, misses but then Taj Gibson comes powering from nowhere and slams home the rebound with just 3 hundreths of a second left :w00t: Ray Allen almost sent it to overtime but he just couldn't get it off in time.

Lead 2-1 now, and have regained home advantage. Ridiculous game, both teams shot 33% lol

Someone else has had this issue?

I've come as far as getting my first virtual pro to a 89 overall.

I played the Nets, one of the worst teams in this particular season at home.

They've got a rookie PG (randomly created) and they're all over me:

The game's suddenly gotten way too fast, with my speed up to 85 (I think), the controls feel like you're playing a skater on ice.

My team has troubles scoring.

And the Nets can cut through my defense at ease.

Same thing happened when I faced the Mavericks straight after this game.

It's very strange and it feels like something's messed up.

London Lions are NBA champions :D

Dee Taylor caps a remarkable year by winning the Finals MVP. Off-season was pretty dull, had the 7th pick in the draft yet he was only rated 57 :huh: and only free agent signing worth noting was Lamar Odom on a one year deal.

London Lions are NBA champions :D

Dee Taylor caps a remarkable year by winning the Finals MVP. Off-season was pretty dull, had the 7th pick in the draft yet he was only rated 57 :huh: and only free agent signing worth noting was Lamar Odom on a one year deal.

Congrats! But you're ****ing cheating with your short periods! lol

Anyway, just started an Association myself. Using my newly-created Vancouver Phoenix in the Pacific Division and have won my first two games against Portland and Golden State respectively.

The fun part about it is that my team consists of 15 players all signed from the Free Agents List - my two best guys are Larry Hughes and Rafer Alston!

Oh, and have now completed all 10 Jordan Challenges. Proud.

The game against the Jazz in the 1998 finals was one of the more tricky ones.

It took me a while to figure out how to get those 4 steals - until I had the genius idea of putting MJ at PG. And it worked (but I ran into some serious foul trouble along the way).

LT on defense, don't hammer the X button (like I did when I started) and basically make them take hard shots.

If you give most players a contested shot it's most likely going to miss (unless you're Lebron/Kobe/Durant etc) and if you box out your opposite player in the piant (LT too I think) you'll be on your way.

I don't know why I'm talking to you like you don't know anything about basketball, I'm sure you watch it and know the rules. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips guys

I got drafted by the Miami Heat in My Player and im a PG, what attributes should i increase ?

I dont know much about basketball but i thought id give it a go !!

I find 2K11 really frustrating how they take loads off your team mate grade for a mistake, i work hard to get it up then i make a mistake and its all taken off lol:frusty:

Hopefully the more i play it the better i get

Congrats! But you're ****ing cheating with your short periods! lol

Anyway, just started an Association myself. Using my newly-created Vancouver Phoenix in the Pacific Division and have won my first two games against Portland and Golden State respectively.

The fun part about it is that my team consists of 15 players all signed from the Free Agents List - my two best guys are Larry Hughes and Rafer Alston!

How is that cheating! Although i'm undecided now whether to go into the next season with the Lions straight away or go and do one with the Lakers where I play full length matches. Or maybe play as some other teams in a playoff thing so i get a chance to use some star players.

And that's a pretty impressive start! I didn't win my first game for what seemed like ages, think it was my 9th game, first game after I traded for Kirk Hinrich. :wub:

Interested to see what team you end up with next season, whether you go the same route as me or in a different direction.

It's been frustrating me for a while now, but I've encountered numerous glitches along the way recently:

- Forwards and centers just turning around my defense, and then doing alien-like jumps to score with a dunk

- Game/player update/stats boxes at the bottom of the screen fading/becoming transparent for a bit, before coming back to full-colour

- Once you've built up your player's speed to a certain level, the game becomes way too quick and unreal (like skating on an ice rink)

- I've also had it happening to me that, albeit being a PG with a 89 overall, the home crowd suddenly starts booing me on almost every possession (even though I've done nothing wrong and team chemistry's quite high up)

- Coaches walking onto the court - WTF??

- Sometimes, I lose sound completely and have to plug the HDMI cable back in. This has only happened to me whilst playing NBA 2K11, no other game does that

- Bad Call for Pass - **** it, I don't want to count the amount of times pushing the pass button has decreased my level

- There are times when your team can't score for shit - I'm with the Thunder and my second Virtual Pro and the lowlight was a meagre 79-72 win over the Bobcats on 12-minute quarters!!!

This includes my AI PG waiting to make a move until the clock has almost counted down and guys like Harden or Durant coming up with silly three-pointers that miss most of the time (I think in one game alone, we've had something like 1 out of 12 shooting from the outer line)

- In other games, the opposing AI tends to score at around 60% from the field, which is absolutely unreal

- Occasionally, I can block a guy and be sure to have blocked him - thing is, I didn't and the basket goes in

- What also strikes me as odd is that I can obstruct opposing players and interfere with their shots, but they still go in. On the other hand, just marking the same player again, but NOT doing a thing and letting him shoot results in a missed shot. Seriously, how logical is that?

- Some players do look strange in the game (Kobe "Alien" Bryant for instance)

- In some NBA Today matchups, I get to control the entire team - in other games, I can only control the PF or Centre. I haven't done anything with the settings, they're always the same.

- In the Association Mode, my newly-created team is hardly cheered for during home games, the crowd doesn't chant as they'd do in the other modes

• 2 months later...

Finally got round getting three more achievements in this:

- Won my first 5 Association Mode games in a row

- Recorded a triple-double with Jordan in an Exhibition Game against VC China (finished 131-113), getting both the Trip-Dub and Giveth And Taketh Achievement

Still trying to figure out how to get at least 5 points in 5 different categories with one single player.

But in other news, I'm cruising to my first Rookie Of The Year title - after 39 games played, my SG averages about 38 points a game thumbsup.gif

And I just realised that you can't get any of those achievements in MyPlayer mode, as it is regarded as a simulated mode (meaning the AI occasionally removes you from the field, simulating periods)

• 4 weeks later...

Ranked Matches really do grind my gears.

No matter what team I pick, I can be sure to hit maybe 30% of all field goal attempts, whereas the opponent does 60% or more.

I've hardly ever played anything more frustrating than a basketball video game where you're just destined to lose.

I give up.

Online is a piece of piss, I reckon I've won at least 60/70% on ranked games.

I always thought I wasn't that good at the game as well, people online really don't know what they're doing half the time. I mean I don't even run plays or anything really, I just run around a bit setting screens and basically creating with my PG and it seems to work.

My Player is where I get annoyed, no matter what team you're on the AI miss really easy shots making it impossible for you to win unless you take every shot which isn't realistic. So I gave up on that pretty quickly.

Archived