Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Leeds Away

Just purchased 4 tickets, never been to Elland road before so wondering whereabouts away fans are sat and how many we are likely to take?

Also, what row is a good row to be on (from a standing/good view perspective).

:scarf:

If recent trips to Elland Road are anything to go by, it doesn't matter which row you're on because you'll be forced to sit down or booted out.

I'm not quite sure as to why I'm making this trip after my experience up there earlier in the season.

If recent trips to Elland Road are anything to go by, it doesn't matter which row you're on because you'll be forced to sit down or booted out.

I'm not quite sure as to why I'm making this trip after my experience up there earlier in the season.

care to enlighten?

care to enlighten?

I was ejected from the ground for standing, despite the small fact that 4,000 odd Leeds fans were standing at the other end and that the majority of people behind me continued to stand. Their stewards are some of the worst in the league.

I was ejected from the ground for standing, despite the small fact that 4,000 odd Leeds fans were standing at the other end and that the majority of people behind me continued to stand. Their stewards are some of the worst in the league.

sounds like standings a no no then! Mainly going to tick the ground off as i've never been to be honest, any idea on numbers we'll take?

sounds like standings a no no then! Mainly going to tick the ground off as i've never been to be honest, any idea on numbers we'll take?

Standing certianly is a no no, though once we equalised, every fan was standing and there was no wy the stewards could control it. Its only when theres a large group or individuals that the stewards can do anything about it. Afterall, the stewards can't kick out every away fan. Though they certainly done their best to try and make everyone sit down. Ive never been to a game like that before. Even Wembley isn't as bad. Was even more wound up when the bloke behind me started telling me to sit down! Stay at home and watch it on the highlights mate.

As for numbers, I'm not sure how many we took in the cup game. I left at 5pm and hit that traffic jam outside meadowhall, and was stuck in that for an hour. Literally just made kick off. Its only an hour and a half up there, so could take 1000 easily. They shouldve knocked kick off for the cup game back a little bit IMO as the M1 was completely shut

Standing certianly is a no no, though once we equalised, every fan was standing and there was no wy the stewards could control it. Its only when theres a large group or individuals that the stewards can do anything about it. Afterall, the stewards can't kick out every away fan. Though they certainly done their best to try and make everyone sit down. Ive never been to a game like that before. Even Wembley isn't as bad. Was even more wound up when the bloke behind me started telling me to sit down! Stay at home and watch it on the highlights mate.

As for numbers, I'm not sure how many we took in the cup game. I left at 5pm and hit that traffic jam outside meadowhall, and was stuck in that for an hour. Literally just made kick off. Its only an hour and a half up there, so could take 1000 easily. They shouldve knocked kick off for the cup game back a little bit IMO as the M1 was completely shut

I see what you mean mate, standing in numbers is the way forward! Unfortunately your bound to get the odd disabled-tastic individual telling you to sit down. I think 1000 could be a good shout, im sure you could get a bit of noise going with that amount. My main concern is that ive missed my chance to see a win at leeds becasue of the cup match! cant beat them there twice in a couple of months surely?!

The League Cup game was a joke. All behind the middle block stood first of all, took the stewards a few attempts to sit the first few rows down. Eventually the first ten odd rows buckled, then the people on those rows were trying to get people to sing "Stand Up if you love Leicester" to give them an excuse to get back up again. Not being funny but why did they bottle it in the first place, the stewards were soft as shite. It was only when that bulldog woman waded in looking like a Jeremy Kyle extra that people started to park their arses.

Still can't get over that fat bint and her rude, obnoxious, stupid hypocrisy. Controlling the team of stewards like her own private army. Reminds me of someone, can't think who...

And as for the coppers who followed me and SamL out after he'd been chucked, telling us to go in the pub. He was driving FFS! I think the roz just assume anyone thrown out for standing is battered beyond belief. Guess that's what the stewards tell them to justify their own moronic decisions.

Yea there stewards are right ****s, but when we had them boxing dad two year back I stood all game and I was about 6 rows from the front (but we did take nearly 4000) and they didn't have a chance in hell siting any body down. As fir the attendance for next week, maybe around 1500.

Been a long time since I went to Leeds but even then the stewards were awful, my seat was on the back row and looked like they had tried to squeeze the row in before they ran out of room.

Jay Spearing would have struggled to get his legs in.

Still the stewards were adamant that we should sit down, I stood complaining that there was no chance at 6 foot 2 inches tall that I could possibly get my legs in, others started to do the same then they buggered off. Ian Rush scored for Leeds!

weve been put up in the corner this time which im quite glad about, in the leauge cup we were behind the goal and i couldnt see **** all it was so low, when we were in leauge one however and i brought a ticket they only had 'restricted view' seats left and they were in the corner, there are two poles that block the view a litttle but arnt too bad

I've heard you scan yourself in at Elland Road, is it likely you could get away with an under 16 ticket? As I am a few years over that age now and there is no student concession.

This is true, however at the cup game they had stewards the other side (once you scanned your ticket) checking this exact thing, making sure people like yourself weren't buying concessions when you clearly aren't one! Try your luck, the worst thing they do is make you pay full price.

I've heard you scan yourself in at Elland Road, is it likely you could get away with an under 16 ticket? As I am a few years over that age now and there is no student concession.

I'd doubt it, a lad we was with in the cup got made to go to the ticket office and pay adult price again event though he had just turned 16.

On the stewards at Leeds, they are absolute tossers. I missed Steve Howard's goal there due to some old bloke having a word with me about standing down in the concourse. SamL definately didn't deserve to get chucked out, bunch of twats, everyone behind him was standing. Finally, that woman was a b***h!

I'd doubt it, a lad we was with in the cup got made to go to the ticket office and pay adult price again event though he had just turned 16.

On the stewards at Leeds, they are absolute tossers. I missed Steve Howard's goal there due to some old bloke having a word with me about standing down in the concourse. SamL definately didn't deserve to get chucked out, bunch of twats, everyone behind him was standing. Finally, that woman was a b***h!

How would they know he had just turned 16. I was 16 in June so wondering if i could get away with it?

Archived