Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Doctor

Home CD/Radio Systems

Basically at the moment i've got a samsung max-900 which is quite nice but it doesn't play cds i've burned myself (or for some reason the them crooked vultures album) and since i prefer making compilation cds than listening to one album and i get a fair bit of my music by downloads thats a slight problem.

So i'm looking to sort out a new cd/radio system after christmas (probably next week) - it needs to be capable of cds i've burned myself & fit on my bedside table (44cm by 38cm). Obviously i'm looking to spend as little as possible and looking to budget at most £60-70 but i can go slightly over if needs be. Any suggestions?

edit: Sould probably clarify i'm looking for something i could get on the highstreet so stuff available from comet/curry's/argos etc. rather than from play/amazon etc.

Basically at the moment i've got a samsung max-900 which is quite nice but it doesn't play cds i've burned myself (or for some reason the them crooked vultures album) and since i prefer making compilation cds than listening to one album and i get a fair bit of my music by downloads thats a slight problem.

So i'm looking to sort out a new cd/radio system after christmas (probably next week) - it needs to be capable of cds i've burned myself & fit on my bedside table (44cm by 38cm). Obviously i'm looking to spend as little as possible and looking to budget at most £60-70 but i can go slightly over if needs be. Any suggestions?

edit: Sould probably clarify i'm looking for something i could get on the highstreet so stuff available from comet/curry's/argos etc. rather than from play/amazon etc.

Are you burning your CD's as audio files or data files??

i don't quite want to go that high.

just had a thought though - my old one (venturer) broke in the summer, think the motors gone - the discs start to spin but then cut out after about 3 seconds and it can't pick them up. But it could read homemade cds - how cheap do you reckon it would be to have it repaired?

i don't quite want to go that high.

just had a thought though - my old one (venturer) broke in the summer, think the motors gone - the discs start to spin but then cut out after about 3 seconds and it can't pick them up. But it could read homemade cds - how cheap do you reckon it would be to have it repaired?

Sounds more like the laser's had it to me.

Either way, depressing and wasteful though it may seem, it's unlikely to be economic to get it fixed. You're looking at £40-50 just to get someone to look at it

About three years ago I got the sister-in-law a CD/radio/mp3 player with speakers for about £100. It has a usb interface so you can load the mp3s onto a usb stick. The site I got it from is not going anymore but it maybe gives you an idea of what you can get for your money.

Rocket-Ron, squeeze boxs are very poor with their wireless signal especially in trying to sync zones. Get a proper system, get a SONOS

Archived