Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Leicester's biggest rivals?

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Leicester's biggest rival?

• Coventry City
    • Derby County
    • Nottingham Forest
    • Other (Please state)

Not going to reply in full on my phone, would take me hours, but are you really suggesting that that giggle with a few Chelts was more embarrassing than a few Covscum burning a shirt on youtube? Or us randomly singing about Leeds scum against entirely unrelated teams?

We're not talking about going flower-picking with other fans, that's not what a 'fan-friendship' is about. But the San Siro bursting into YNWA during a silence for Hillsborough? Fantastic cameraderie. I'd take that over some terrible local 'banter' any day.

Besides, you ridiculously twisted my original complaint in the other thread entirely to try and look the big lad. That you still have sand in your vagina because you were told to jog on is no reason to keep bringing it up.

Rivalries are great and are the lifeblood of football, but the tribalism of football in this country is one of the reasons why fans are so badly treated by the authorities.

Take the Fosse Boys displaying the Keep Scunthorpe Standing banner for example that was criticised by some fellow fans. Without wanting to bore people with my pro-standing beliefs, standing at matches is an issue that affects fans up and down the country, and broadly most fans support the choice. Any terrace that disappears is a blow to that movement. Yet there seems to be an attitude of issues not being important until they directly affect your club, and it's these divisions that embolden the authorities and weaken fans as a demographic. United on key issues, football fans could be immensely powerful and force through some real changes. It happens on the continent where local derbies and other rivalries are no less passionate than they are in this country. The old expression United We Stand, Divided We Fall definitely applies. So as much as I love fan rivalries, I have no problem whatsoever with having friendly relations with fans of other clubs. Fan friendships are very common across Europe as is inter-club unity when it is perceived to be required, and that strengthens football rather than weakens it.

Rivalries are great and are the lifeblood of football, but the tribalism of football in this country is one of the reasons why fans are so badly treated by the authorities.

Take the Fosse Boys displaying the Keep Scunthorpe Standing banner for example that was criticised by some fellow fans. Without wanting to bore people with my pro-standing beliefs, standing at matches is an issue that affects fans up and down the country, and broadly most fans support the choice. Any terrace that disappears is a blow to that movement. Yet there seems to be an attitude of issues not being important until they directly affect your club, and it's these divisions that embolden the authorities and weaken fans as a demographic. United on key issues, football fans could be immensely powerful and force through some real changes. It happens on the continent where local derbies and other rivalries are no less passionate than they are in this country. The old expression United We Stand, Divided We Fall definitely applies. So as much as I love fan rivalries, I have no problem whatsoever with having friendly relations with fans of other clubs. Fan friendships are very common across Europe as is inter-club unity when it is perceived to be required, and that strengthens football rather than weakens it.

I HATE FOREST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE FOREST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't we all!

As I say, rivalries are the lifeblood of football and I'm not for a minute suggesting walking up to the City Ground on St. George's Day holding hands with the locals, but there are some issues where fan unity works.

it's not a proper rivalry though

the english and irish are raised to pity the welsh rather than scorn them

i can understand why the welsh irish and scots hate us.......we are the biggest and the most dominent country in all 4 and have either beat them on the battle field or football field since the dawn of time.....so for them to beat us at anything is a big deal for them....but not such a big deal for us if we beat them as its expected :chant::crylaugh:

No idea why. Never had any issue at all with the Irish or Scots. Your old man might just have been odd.

yes , exactly , that's what i used to say to him

i'd say, "dad , all this silly hatred is just plain crazy , you're acting like one of those twatty welshmen

Anyone else aware of the ongoing feud with Chelsea? A few mates who support them and they hate us - I think the old Baby Squad may have had a few run ins with their boys - they have a couple of songs about us as well.

:thumbup: oh yes ive heard a few songs come out by our fans about chelsea recently (hawk now hear the leicester sing the chelsea ran away and we will fight for ever more because of boxing day) nd at millwall (chelsea rentboys chelsea rentboys oohh ohh) << connected to our run in's with them i think :/ nd they have a song about us aswell like you sed we all follow the chelsea over land and sea and leicester! but i think this has calmed dwn a bit over the years because we havent been in the same league as them but if we were i would be guessing it would props be our biggest game (rival) of the year, atm though its for me Florest :scarf:

:thumbup: oh yes ive heard a few songs come out by our fans about chelsea recently (hawk now hear the leicester sing the chelsea ran away and we will fight for ever more because of boxing day) nd at millwall (chelsea rentboys chelsea rentboys oohh ohh) << connected to our run in's with them i think :/ nd they have a song about us aswell like you sed we all follow the chelsea over land and sea and leicester! but i think this has calmed dwn a bit over the years because we havent been in the same league as them but if we were i would be guessing it would props be our biggest game (rival) of the year, atm though its for me Florest :scarf:

That had nothing to do with our rivalry with Chelsea.

Peterborough.

Posh twats.

I know.

The actually thought after back to back promotions from League 2 to Championship they would win the league. Then they moaned because the Leicester fans were mean to them when they battered them four nil. They're not even a team and their stadium's more like a shed. :frusty:

Archived