Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Leicester's biggest rivals?

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Leicester's biggest rival?

• Coventry City
    • Derby County
    • Nottingham Forest
    • Other (Please state)

Derby for me, part of the family are Derby fans, hate losing to them. Closely followed by Forest, know a few Forest fans.

I'm yet to come across a Coventry fan, probably because I don't like in the Midlands, so they're not as much a rival for me.

Really starting to dislike Liverpool aswell, too many of their fans around here (surprisingly!) and they think they're God's gift, when at the present time, they're a mediocre Premier League team.

Meet Pets of the Week:

Elsa and Holly

Pet_of_the_week_lg.jpg

Elsathe darker kitten had a nasty virus when she was little which meant shecouldn’t eat. She had to be fed through a tube in her neck. She’s nowbounced back from this and is making up for lost time.

Elsa is very affectionate and asks for lots of cuddles.

Holly, the light gray kitten, is an explorer and is the more confident and curious of the two.

Bothkittens are very friendly and are equally happy with people or withother cats. They are to be re-homed as a pair and will reward anyonewho takes them on with lots of love and affection.

Apart from the usual teams in the East Midlands. The team local to me which I despise is Stoke, not just because they sent us they down, but also they're fans are some of the most arrogant fans I know. They act like the team they have is brilliant when it is really just an average, mid-table, kick and rush team.

Meet Pets of the Week:

Elsa and Holly

Pet_of_the_week_lg.jpg

Elsathe darker kitten had a nasty virus when she was little which meant shecouldn’t eat. She had to be fed through a tube in her neck. She’s nowbounced back from this and is making up for lost time.

Elsa is very affectionate and asks for lots of cuddles.

Holly, the light gray kitten, is an explorer and is the more confident and curious of the two.

Bothkittens are very friendly and are equally happy with people or withother cats. They are to be re-homed as a pair and will reward anyonewho takes them on with lots of love and affection.

They're rubbish cats.

This is a proper cat.

tigerdm2805_468x472.jpg?w=468&h=472

Subtiger will kick your ass!

Little amazed there hasn't been a Finnegan or Fosse Boy in this thread yet with their 'I want to be friends with every team' comments.

You make me smile, sometimes. Some people are bad at swearing, some people are bad at banter or bad at being abusive. Some people are just downright useless in an argument or debate and some people are just painfully, inherently unfunny.

But I honestly think you're one of the first people I've ever known, through any medium, that ticks every, single box. It's miraculous! lol

I'll happily finish the dicussion we were having on the issue, though. You pussied out over a week ago when you realised you might have to string more than one constructive thought together. I'm expecting the same this time, care to surprise?

:thumbup:

You make me smile, sometimes. Some people are bad at swearing, some people are bad at banter or bad at being abusive. Some people are just downright useless in an argument or debate and some people are just painfully, inherently unfunny.

But I honestly think you're one of the first people I've ever known, through any medium, that ticks every, single box. It's miraculous! lol

I'll happily finish the dicussion we were having on the issue, though. You pussied out over a week ago when you realised you might have to string more than one constructive thought together. I'm expecting the same this time, care to surprise?

wtf u going on bout

I live in Derbyshire but grew up in Notts. I've got mates that support Forest and I've got mates that follow the sheep. I don't hate either team as such. But I class them both as our biggest rivals, Forest slightly more so. I know a Forest fan that has just recently retired, he told me that back in the days before Clough it was Leicester Forest that was the main rivalry.

Rest assured they both love seeing us fail or struggle. Yes, they might hate each other more than they do us. But believe me they don't half give the few City fans I work with some shit when/if they beat us. They hate getting it back from us though - quickly saying how we're not their real rivals; this is just their "fall back defence mechanism" that they rely on and can always use should we beat them.

I dislike Cov purely because they are the worst set of fans collectively that I have ever come across. They can't have banter with people, it's just beyond their intellect. They truly believe they are a big club with a big fan base, despite never ever even coming close to filling their stadium. At least we three do.

Absolutely despise villa because their fans are complete arseholes who think they're unbelievable when in fact they are shit. I only put up with them because of o'neill but now I'm so happy they're doing bad! Also hate wycombe for starting our demise after we lost in the fa cup to them!

Living in the south east and a palace town it's always the eagles who are my own personal rivalry. Brighton are also a big one as I work in the city. You should hear them all just becaus theyre winning some games and getting a new stadium!

I've also somehow come to be surrounded by leeds fans (gf, her family). They are easily the most annoying of all!

I still feel the forest rivalry tho.

F****t for me, growing up in Loughborough in the late 70's early 80's when they were winning stuff was hell because of the glory hunting, fickle sad tw*t fans they have. I hate them, i mean REALLY HATE THEM!!!!!! Up the CITY :scarf:

yep same here living in Loughborough its always gonna be the red scum....and there fans living in loughborough hate us more then they hate derby...its a geographical thing

Having to live in a village where my next door neighbour is a Rams fan, the village shop owner being a Trees fan and one of our cleaners being a Cov fan, i am still deciding...............

As opposed to you? lol Alexei makes me laugh more than you! Although saying that nearly everything I read of yours is merely a comment belittling someone or other. Quite what that reveals about your own insecurities would be fascinating to find out. But still, delightful to know that I tick all your boxes.

You used Cheltenham as an example. I didn't see it then, and I still don't see it now. 4-0 down, a few of their fans take part in a conga to brighten their day. Fantastic. Well done them. But what followed was quite frankly embarrasing. Sure, banter between fans is brilliant but for me that should be the limit. Quite what people loved so much about Cheltenham thereafter, including meeting up to go to games together with their fans, having some twattish kid in a Cheltenham shirt follow us around the country for a while, etc, I'll probably never understand.

Witnessing Cheltenham's fans that day I'll admit I was minorly impressed, right. But at no point did I hope one of them would join us at Hereford so we can all wave and sing to him. At no point did I think I might want to get a LCFC shirt with 'LCFC and CTFC 4 eva' (or something similar) on the back like some cunt inevitably did. And at no point did I want to follow Cheltenham in my spare time and make friends as such. Crazy.

Later in that thread someone implied I was being extreme, and somebody else posted that 'hate leads to violence'. I'm quite happy with where we are now, with violence predominantly a thing of the past, and the cringey days of football friends and unity you dream of hopefully never imposed on me. I don't actually feel hate to any opposing fan or club, and I'm probably the last person on this forum who would 'turn violent'. But I still find your ideology on the matter very odd.

Football thrives on rivalry. Take rivalry away and what's left? A succession of friendlies?

Archived