Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Levein back with his family

Don't normally like to get involvedin sort of posting however his split was widely publicised. If it's true good luck to them, I hope it all works out ok.

LEVEIN LEAVES LOVER AND RETURNS HOME: FOOTBALL BOSS BACK WITH WIFE HE DUMPED

May 28 2005

Ex-Hearts chief splits with PR mistress

By Cara Page And Amy Devine

FOOTBALL boss Craig Levein has split with his lover to move back home with his wife.

The former Hearts manager returned to Carol just months after dumping her for Kerry Saniforth.

Levein, 40, walked out on Carol, 41, seven months ago for married PR girl Kerry.

The mum-of-one worked for all:sports - the firm who sponsored Hearts' team kit.

But the Record can reveal their love affair has gone sour and Levein is desperately trying to rebuild his marriage.

Last night, Kerry confirmed she had split from Levein.

Asked if she knew Levein was back with his wife she seemed shocked and flustered before blurting out: 'I hadn't a clue.'

Levein last night refused to comment on his reunion with Carol.

Speaking at the family's home near Dunfermline, Fife, he added: 'If it was football, I would be happy to discuss it but this is another matter. It's my personal life and it will remain personal.'

Kerry's estranged husband, Russell, smiled when asked about her split from Levein.

Standing at the door of his home just five minutes drive from her rented flat he said: 'Yes, Kerry and Craig have broken up but I don't want to say too much And he said he and his wife were back on friendly terms, adding: 'We've got a daughter together, it can't be any other way really.'

Levein had been spotted in recent days at the family home.

Earlier this week, he turned up with a large holdall to be welcomed home by Carol and their daughter.

Levein's marriage break emerged shortly after he moved south in November last year to take over as boss at English Championship side Leicester City.

A source said: 'Craig dumped Kerry about eight weeks after they went to Leicester. He's now quietly seeing his wife again.'

Kerry moved out of the love-nest she shared with Levein in a village near Loughborough outside Leicester earlier this year.

A 'To Let' sign now stands outside the four-bedroom house.

It is thought Levein is using another property in Leicester while commuting to Dunfermline in his spare time.

Kerry has moved back to Stockport, where she used to work for all:sports, and is living with her daughter.

A source close to Levein said: 'Craig very much regrets what he did.

'There are always young women hanging around football circles and he isn't the first to have his head turned.'

Kerry broke up her own 12-year marriage to move in with Levein. She left husband Russell, 35, and took their daughter with her after telling him she was having an affair with 'a famous football manager'.

It was the second time she'd had an affair in her marriage.

Her relationship with Levein came to light in October last year when he announced he was quitting Hearts to manage Leicester AffairDays later, he walked out of the family home. Levein first met Kerry during her frequent trips to Tynecastle in Edinburgh from all:sports HQ in Stockport.

A source said: 'Kerry went to a lot of Hearts games abroad.

'She was in Prague and Holland when they played their UEFA Cup ties there last year but when the affair with Levein became known she had to leave her job. Most firms connected with football clubs have policies that employees are not allowed to fraternise with players.'

Kerry resigned from her £25,000 post at all:sports in November.

She now works as secretary to the deputy head of nursing at Stepping Hill Hospital near her home in Stockport.

Levein and Carol were teenage sweethearts.

They met when they worked together at an electronics firm in Dunfermline.

They married in 1985 - two years after he first signed for Hearts as a player.

The defender was capped 16 times for Scotland before injury forced him to hang up his boots.

He spent three years as manager at Cowdenbeath before switching to Hearts in 2000

Source

To be fair i'm not one whos bothered about peoples private lives.. they can do what they want just like me.

but if the managers private life is positive that can run onto good things for the club

It is thought Levein is using another property in Leicester while commuting to Dunfermline in his spare time.

I thought the players had to be 25 miles from Leicester. Not sure I approve of this. :S:blink::huh::unsure:

I thought the players had to be 25 miles from Leicester. Not sure I approve of this. :S:blink::huh::unsure:

120875[/snapback]

So that they never bump into us after they've lost? :S:P Do you mean within 25 miles of Leicester? :P

Did I really nned to know the ins and outs of Levein's private life?

As long as he isn't breaking the law, it's his life.

Did I really nned to know the ins and outs of Levein's private life?

As long as he isn't breaking the law, it's his life.

120956[/snapback]

Exactly - I will judge him on his performance as manager of LCFC. His personal life is none of my business, and I couldn't care less.

He should perhaps channel his energies on finding us a ****in striker!!! :D:D

Only joking (well i'm not) but all the best Craig. Why don't you just move her down here and save your air miles and use them to find us a world beater.

120875[/snapback]

So that they never bump into us after they've lost? :S:P Do you mean within 25 miles of Leicester? :P

120913[/snapback]

Er, yes. :ph34r:

He should perhaps channel his energies on finding us a ****in striker!!!  :D  :D

Only joking (well i'm not) but all the best Craig. Why don't you just move her down here and save your air miles and use them to find us a world beater.

121155[/snapback]

Yes his Idea of scoring was the other.

We need a Good Pair upfront, hes already had his.... and we got MDV lollollollol

Archived