Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escos

Roy Keane

I couldn't stop supporting City if I tried but I really think a lot of people will think 'forget it' if Keane is appointed. City probably have a 'floating' fanbase of about 5000 'fairweather / big game supporters" - appoint Keane and you can wave goodbye to that extra support.

If the owners really want to start filling the stadium then appointing a man who will instantly lose us several thousand supporters would be a disaster.

when it comes to it people will still go to the game if its keane or not.. they may not be happy to start but they will soon go...

at the end of the day results speaks volumes... if he comes and we start winning and climbing the league more will come..

regardless of who is in charge

when it comes to it people will still go to the game if its keane or not.. they may not be happy to start but they will soon go...

at the end of the day results speaks volumes... if he comes and we start winning and climbing the league more will come..

True and as much as I dislike the man, if he became our manager I would be behind him as no man is bigger than the club and like you say, it's the results on the pitch that matter.

If he took us up I may even change my opinion from hatred to slight dislike. :D

I'd like to agree with you but I can't! I genuinely believe they'll be a lot of people who won't bother when someone like him is in charge. Attendances at both Ipswich and Sunderland dropped considerably after a while.

I'd like to agree with you but I can't! I genuinely believe they'll be a lot of people who won't bother when someone like him is in charge. Attendances at both Ipswich and Sunderland dropped considerably after a while.

While i'm not keen on the idea (No pun intended) I disagree, we start winning, consistanly and people will come, regardless.

As for Sunderland attendances dropping, I don't know so can't argue but would ask the question was that when they got to the Premiership after they got promoted (And promoted well, let's be fair to Keane, he hasn't done alot in his managerial career but Sunderlands promotion was very good)? If so, he got them there didn't he, and just look at them now, splashing the cash and a half decent Premiership team.

Whether Keane would do the same here? I doubt it.

Sunderland's last home attendance before Keane took over was 24000. During his only full season in charge, their average was 42728 - the 5th highest in the Premier League.

Hate the guy if you must, but at least use facts to support your argument.

Sunderland's last home attendance before Keane took over was 24000. During his only full season in charge, their average was 42728 - the 5th highest in the Premier League.

Hate the guy if you must, but at least use facts to support your argument.

One of my good mates at work is a Mackem and to be fair I was going on what I'd been told by him. He seems to think that attendances were around the 32,000 mark when he left.

Again, going purely on what he says, Keane is not well-liked at all up there despite his relative success. He'd lost the plot completely by the end.

Archived