Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Player wish list

So who do we need?

In my opinion..........

central midfield - There are so many players in this league which can do the jobs of what Wellens and King are meant to do. (e.g. Robert Koren). Possibly target liam trotter (milwall) or Jonny Howson (Leeds)

Striker - For me what we really need is a mobile target man. Jukebox from cov? Looked extremely threatening against us and would be reasonable.

Wingers - Cameron Stewart (Hull) would not happen imo. Kebe is too inconsistent. Maybe Pearson will loan Robbie Brady from Man United or Townsend from spurs

Fullback - Desperate need for cover, someone who can play left back and right back in case peltier or konch get injured

i Would love to see

Kasper

Peltier Mills Tunchev Konch

Bamba / King Trotter / Howson

Townsend / Dyer Jukebox / Gallagher / Nugget Nugget / Brady

Beckford (on form) / Jukebox

So who do we need?

In my opinion..........

central midfield - There are so many players in this league which can do the jobs of what Wellens and King are meant to do. (e.g. Robert Koren). Possibly target liam trotter (milwall) or Jonny Howson (Leeds)

Striker - For me what we really need is a mobile target man. Jukebox from cov? Looked extremely threatening against us and would be reasonable.

Wingers - Cameron Stewart (Hull) would not happen imo. Kebe is too inconsistent. Maybe Pearson will loan Robbie Brady from Man United or Townsend from spurs

Fullback - Desperate need for cover, someone who can play left back and right back in case peltier or konch get injured

i Would love to see

Kasper

Beckford (on form) / Jukebox - playing the only was his up baby

So who do we need?

In my opinion..........

More central midefielders!?

Would like to see Kebe, or maybe Cameron Stuart, he looked threatening.

So who do we need?

In my opinion..........

i Would love to see

Kasper

Howson - no thanks. We need a true dribbler if we are going to get a centre mid. He wouldn't come to us anyway. We want them to offer different qualities to Wellens and King. Someone who is a good passer and scores a few goals isn't enough.

A winger is the most obvious thing, it was obvious in May. I agree with the names you've pulled out there, or maybe another young gem that Pearson could find. In fact I wouldn't mind one of those for the central midfield position as well, as the kind of player we need there is very hard to find. If we could get a cone of Mark Davies that would be spot on, so a similar player to him is what we should be looking for.

You've got a point about the fullback situation, Peltier and Konchesky are decent but their backup is poor.

Striker - I'm not too sure. Maybe, but I still think we've got the basis covered there. A target man would have to accept being on the bench a lot so who could we realistically attract?

Howson - no thanks. We need a true dribbler if we are going to get a centre mid. He wouldn't come to us anyway. We want them to offer different qualities to Wellens and King. Someone who is a good passer and scores a few goals isn't enough.

A winger is the most obvious thing, it was obvious in May. I agree with the names you've pulled out there, or maybe another young gem that Pearson could find. In fact I wouldn't mind one of those for the central midfield position as well, as the kind of player we need there is very hard to find. If we could get a cone of Mark Davies that would be spot on, so a similar player to him is what we should be looking for.

You've got a point about the fullback situation, Peltier and Konchesky are decent but their backup is poor.

Striker - I'm not too sure. Maybe, but I still think we've got the basis covered there. A target man would have to accept being on the bench a lot so who could we realistically attract?

I think any striker would rather be on the bench for us, than the first team of a slowly declining coventry. If we played...........

(Input Winger) KIng/gallagher/Danns (his natural position) Nugent

Jukebox

He wouldnt have to be on the bench

So who do we need?

In my opinion..........

central midfield - There are so many players in

this league which can do the jobs of what Wellens and King are meant to do. (e.g. Robert Koren). Possibly target liam trotter (milwall) or Jonny Howson (Leeds)

Striker - For me what we really need is a mobile

target man. Jukebox from cov? Looked extremely

threatening against us and would be reasonable.

i Would love to see

Kasper

Townsend / Dyer Jukebox / Gallagher /

Nugget Nugget / Brady

Big strong midfielder... Bamba? Or Jay Thomas

Striker.... Billy Sharpe (champ player of the month.. 4 goals in November)

Winger... Peter Whittingham

Playmaker... George Boyd or Johnny Howson

Beckford... Sold

I think any striker would rather be on the bench for us, than the first team of a slowly declining coventry. If we played...........

(Input Winger) KIng/gallagher/Danns (his natural position) Nugent

Jukebox

He wouldnt have to be on the bench

Fair point about the Coventry thing. BUT, if other clubs in our league are offering him more chance of first team action than us he's more likely to go there, and he has turned a few heads in the Championship.

I'm not sure I understand your formation - is Nugent on the left wing? If so do you mean it to be more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1?

Big strong midfielder... Bamba? Or Jay Thomas

Striker.... Billy Sharpe

Winger... Peter Whittingham

Playmaker... George Boyd or Johnny Howson

Beckford... Sold

I do really rate Whittingham but 1) Cardiff are safely in the top 6 and pushing for the top 2 and 2) I think it's essential that our winger is more of a 'burst of pace' winger who will sking someone, get to the by-line and then cross. There's no doubt Whittingham has great delivery but I think we need someone to beat a man when they try and crowd us out.

Fair point about the Coventry thing. BUT, if other clubs in our league are offering him more chance of first team action than us he's more likely to go there, and he has turned a few heads in the Championship.

I'm not sure I understand your formation - is Nugent on the left wing? If so do you mean it to be more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1?

it would be a 4-2-3-1

Kasper

Pelts Mills Tunch Konch

Bamba Trotter

Townsend Gallagher Nugent

Jukebox

Isnt Whittingham just a left footed gallagher? last thing we want is even less pace.

We can't just buy our way out of trouble, again.

However, I'd like a better CM, someone who can create some goals and also dribble the ball abit, because none of our CMs seem to do it.

Also a right winger would be decent, him on the right and Dyer on the left, some pace, get past their man then pull the ball back across the box.

Pantsil is good back up for Peltier, however I don't think Bruno is good enough for the LB position.

I'd like to see us get Connor Wickham on loan from Sunderland seeing as he isn't getting into there team or buy Ricardo Fuller,We need atleast two wingers imo Whitingham would be a quality signing I'd also like us to try and get Stewart from Hull i think he's called looked deadly against us.I'd like to see us to have a pop for Maynard or Jordon Rhodes aswell.

It's quite fvcking simple.

We need fvcking wingers.

So we dont need central midfielders who can play a simple pass to these wingers, enabling them to begin attacks?

CM - Jacob Butterfield and Liam Trotter

Wingers - Cameron Stewart, Townsend and Brady on loan.

Move bamba into defence midfield

SORTED!

We need a winger and that's it. We've got good players, we just need to get them working. We're getting into a culture of chopping and changing which hardly ever works. Surprised nobody seems to have realised...

Do you really believe our CMs are good enough? I personally don't. We don't have a CM that can dribble with the ball or create some great goals. For the last few games our midfield may as well have not turned up, because they've done pretty much nothing.

I'm really not sure we do only need wingers tbh. I can't confidently pick a central midfield partnership. Whichever one you pick your taking a gamble on them, none have stood out and none of them are creative enough.

The priority is wingers but an attacking central midfielder should definitely be on the list.

Do you really believe our CMs are good enough? I personally don't. We don't have a CM that can dribble with the ball or create some great goals. For the last few games our midfield may as well have not turned up, because they've done pretty much nothing.

Even if you take away their frustrating inconsistencies (not one central midfielder could claim they've been at their consistent best so far) they are all too similar and one dimensional. They are not bad players, a number of them have proven that they are very good players at this level, but they aren't proving it at the moment and in any case, we will struggle to create without some individuality. We are starting to move the ball quicker but still not quickly enough when teams defend solidly. You need someone to make something out of nothing sometimes and I wouldn't restrict that to out wide only.

Archived