Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Player wish list

Apart from a very small minority, a lot of people on here are posting only Championship players. Looking at the majority of signings we've made this season, I think that was Sven's motive and it isn't working at the moment. Almost like he was trying to build a Championship dream team. Nugent, Schmeichel, Mills, Danns, St.Ledger and to a certain extent: Konchesky. Still, it's refreshing to see people trying to be realistic rather than saying we should sign some 19 year old Mexican because he was a gem on Football Manager.

Finally, as for the likes of Snodgrass and Howson, why would they leave Leeds for us?

Really whats he done? I would have him in my starting lineup, the boy has the ability to do the unexpected. Some of the goals he scores are top notch. I would rotate him with Andy King.

According to what Forest fans have said he puts little effort in when things aren't going his way and doesn't want to do what the manager asks of him, basically he's a midfield Beckford.

Talented but we've got enough egos.

Not sure if I've said this before on this thread but I'd prefer younger players to Koren and Kebe. Neither will improve from now on, don't have good re-sale value and the latter is arguably on a downward spiral, neither convince me they are Premiership standard.

Pearson got Davies and Cleverely in League one, I'd like him to do a similar thing this time around and get someone lively and talented, a player who can run with the ball and make things happen themselves. I'd prefer them not to be a loan but I don't want us to spend money on has-beens or average players who have big price tags.

Having thought about it I don't see Pearson signing many players at all, I think he'll get a wide player and a full back, maybe one more but no more than 3, and they won't be jizzworthy at first glance.

After Spurs got knocked out Europe league tonight, Harry said he'd let the youngsters go out on loan. Would like Townsend as a lot of you mention, I'll actually be quite surprised if we don't go for him. For me it has to be him and Miyaichi loan signings in January, I'm sure Wenger would send us Miyaichi for some good playing experience at a decent footballing team, even if it's only for 2 or 3 months. Yuki could of course help him settle in.

Other than those two for young, skilful, hungry players, I'd think about someone else in the playmaking department (if we are truly to give up on Johnson and have lost patience with Wellens). That's gotta be it for me, the back 5 are superb players (any of our CBs) and our strikers would thrive with better service.

EDIT: NP may fancy some cover for FB

three words to describe our inconsistency this season......shocking final ball!

two words ,which i have felt for a few years would solve this problem......Peter Whittingham!

January ,please nige get it done!!!

and maybe a small chirstmas stocking filler of perhaps a seyi olifinjana 'type' midfielder, solid championship defensive midfielder.

agree completely and Sharp as well, plus 2 wingers and 4 midfielders need Walsh to pull off some inspirational spots and sign them up to make Leicester a quality side, wellens,king,dyer and (my fav player) Gallagher all need sent elsewhere, all not performing good enough

• 1 year later...

Archived