Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Player wish list

Totally agree with you mate.

For me Wellens is past his best now, and as each month passing he will only get worse, I haven't seen much greatness from him this season. I'd like to see a creative brilliant midfielder, even if it costs us a bit of money, someone like Lallana from Southampton (only an example, we won't get him). Then they can be paired up with King, who will work on the defensive side of things, and then make the late surges forward scoring his goals. However, if King isn't scoring, then I don't think he offers something which we cannot replace, we could get someone better.

Totally agree with you mate.

For me Wellens is past his best now, and as each month passing he will only get worse, I haven't seen much greatness from him this season. I'd like to see a creative brilliant midfielder, even if it costs us a bit of money, someone like Lallana from Southampton (only an example, we won't get him). Then they can be paired up with King, who will work on the defensive side of things, and then make the late surges forward scoring his goals. However, if King isn't scoring, then I don't think he offers something which we cannot replace, we could get someone better.

:thumbup:

So we dont need central midfielders who can play a simple pass to these wingers, enabling them to begin attacks?

CM - Jacob Butterfield and Liam Trotter

Wingers - Cameron Stewart, Townsend and Brady on loan.

Move bamba into defence midfield

SORTED!

Abe, Danns, Fernandes, Johnson, King - I think we're fine for CM's who can play that simple pass.

I'd like to see us get Connor Wickham on loan from Sunderland seeing as he isn't getting into there team or buy Ricardo Fuller,We need atleast two wingers imo Whitingham would be a quality signing I'd also like us to try and get Stewart from Hull i think he's called looked deadly against us.I'd like to see us to have a pop for Maynard or Jordon Rhodes aswell.

Likely to be out till the new year, was just getting game time for them before he done his knee so there's no way they'll let him go

Lots of Premiership players we could be looking at though who aren't getting games or just not in the plans. To many to name straight off but a striker and winger would be top of my wish list. Beckford just hasn't shown enough for me for the money we paid I expected him to be doing better, ship him out on loan till we can get rid in the summer, bring in a real poacher like a Billy Sharp or try and get that Rhodes from Huddersfield, like the look of him. Lallana from Saints and Ambrose from Palace would love to see both of them as well. Ambrose is like the Scott Parker of this league for me

Maybe a cheeky loan bid For Alex Oxlade Chamberlain as well...

I'd be happier picking Dyer and Gallagher for the rest of the season than I would be King and Wellens, truthfully.

I hope we sort our central midfield out. My fear is that we won't, however. As I said in another thread, it's been literally years since we had a truly quality, attacking midfielder.

I'd sign another forward as well, to be honest. If we're going to play a two striker system then we need players who are established at this or a similar level and who can come in and make an impact, either from the bench or if one of the current two get injured or even just drift out of form. Howard as an alternative is literally making me depressed about going to games and whilst I hope we keep giving Schlupp opportunities I think you have to be a very naive optimist with hugely blue-tinted specs to think he's actually ready to set this league alight.

We won't get anyone decent in the January window. You can make the list as long as your arm, the fact of the matter is that it's nigh on impossible to get anyone of any quality halfway through a season.

Once they're in, they then have to settle into the squad, team, whatever, and by then another 5 games have passed and you're still playing catch-up and fast running out of time and games.

Big strong midfielder... Bamba? Or Jay Thomas

Striker.... Billy Sharpe (champ player of the month.. 4 goals in November)

Winger... Peter Whittingham

Playmaker... George Boyd or Johnny Howson

Beckford... Sold

Big, no very big rumours Whittingham leaving Cardiff in Jan, asking price ( a bit high I think ) £4M. West Ham and Leicester will bid for him. If all true he will go to the best financial deal.

Do you really believe our CMs are good enough? I personally don't. We don't have a CM that can dribble with the ball or create some great goals. For the last few games our midfield may as well have not turned up, because they've done pretty much nothing.

Of course. King guarantees goals like hardly any other CM in the league. Wellens is one of the most highly rated CM's in the league (outside of this forum). Abe played in the last World Cup. Danns was Palace's best player and wanted by a CL club.

We always look to change personnel at this club. The last time we had a consistent core to the side we nearly won back to back promotions.

Of course. King guarantees goals like hardly any other CM in the league. Wellens is one of the most highly rated CM's in the league (outside of this forum). Abe played in the last World Cup. Danns was Palace's best player and wanted by a CL club.

We always look to change personnel at this club. The last time we had a consistent core to the side we nearly won back to back promotions.

Was! he is showing little evidence so far actually since January he has been on a downward spiral money boosting contract

Out- Wellens, Johnson, Howard, Oakley, Moreno etc

In:

Liam Trotter- I completely forgot about him until a recent post on this thread, he is an absolute beast.

&/or

Jacob Butterfield- Don't know a great deal about him but he is highly rated and young.

Albert Adomoah & Robbie Brady as the wide options

Waggy to be brought back into the fold as the other striking option.

I think asking for the likes of Whittingham, Howson etc are just not realistic at this moment.

Out- Wellens, Johnson, Howard, Oakley, Moreno etc

In:

Liam Trotter- I completely forgot about him until a recent post on this thread, he is an absolute beast.

&/or

Jacob Butterfield- Don't know a great deal about him but he is highly rated and young.

Albert Adomoah & Robbie Brady as the wide options

Waggy to be brought back into the fold as the other striking option.

I think asking for the likes of Whittingham, Howson etc are just not realistic at this moment.

I think it is realistic with the funds we will have in January probs £10m+

Of course. King guarantees goals like hardly any other CM in the league.

Not now other teams have sussed him out.

Wellens is one of the most highly rated CM's in the league (outside of this forum)

The forum are full of folk who witness the manc parasite in "action" on a regular basis and know that this season he's averaging about three or four bad games for every decent one. He is a serious liability and needs to be ditched asap.

Abe played in the last World Cup

So did Fernandes, but neither have shown they can cope with the challenges of the English lower-leagues. The manager doesn't seem very convinced by them and I'd be surprrised if either are still here after January.

Danns was Palace's best player and wanted by a CL club.

You mean a skint SPL club who couldn't make it past either the Champions or Europa league qualifying rounds? But given who Danns is up against for a start in central midfield (his preferred role) it's not surprising he hadn't settled.

If Sven hadn't made dodgy signings like Bruma, Ricardo and even Vassell, we could have made the top six last season. His lack of judgement, both then and since, has literally cost us very dearly.

I think it is realistic with the funds we will have in January probs £10m+

Whittingham and Howson (among many others) are likely to have better promotion prospects at their current clubs than they would do here.

They'll also have noticed how previous big-money buys Mills and Beckford have struggled with us.

Whittingham and Howson (among many others) are likely to have better promotion prospects at their current clubs than they would do here.

They'll also have noticed how previous big-money buys Mills and Beckford have struggled with us.

£ coins at the end of the day and they will come here in a flash, although I agree that this is the wrong approach but what can you do hey, we have the money may as well bring them in.

We need players who will bust a gut playing for Leicester City to get us up into the Premier League not has been "Dennis Fookin Wise" type players who will take the big wage and not show up each week, we need HUNGRY players (and by that i dont mean players born in Budapest!!!!)

We need players who will bust a gut playing for Leicester City to get us up into the Premier League not has been "Dennis Fookin Wise" type players who will take the big wage and not show up each week, we need HUNGARY players (and by that i dont mean players born in Budapest!!!!)

So you meant HUNGRY then? :ermm:

Archived