Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Ian Walker

Note sure whether this should go in General Sport or LCFC Forum....

Bolton Wanderers look set to hand former Tottenham Hotspur and Leicester City goalkeeper Ian Walker a contract at The Reebok Stadium.

The 33-year-old has been looking for pastures new after being released by Foxes boss Craig Levein at the end of last season.

Premiership side Birmingham City and Championship club Southampton have also been linked with the former England custodian, but Bolton seem keen to add Walker to their ranks for the new season.

It is thought that Walker will have until the end of next week to decide on the offer to join Sam Allardyce's side, as he looks to add cover for Bolton number one Jussi Jaaskelainen.

It remains to be seen if the prospect of Premiership and Uefa Cup football will entice Walker in moving to the Lancashire outfit.

Linkage

Given that Walker lives near London, and won't be even seen as a Number 1, then it does seem an unlikely move. Although, money talks as we all know...

I still think we were utterly stupid to release him, but having said that, obviously even if he took a big wage cut he would probably still be earning more than we can afford.. I'd assume this is another one of the contributing factors to Jordan Stewart's departure today aswell

Another veteran signing for Bolton, why do they keep buying players who are past their best?

130669[/snapback]

Maybe because it helps them finish 6th in the Premiership.

130681[/snapback]

Yes!

Another veteran signing for Bolton, why do they keep buying players who are past their best?

130669[/snapback]

130681[/snapback]

touché

• 2 weeks later...

Signs for Bolton...

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has signed goalkeeper Ian Walker on a free transfer in time for the club's pre-season trip to Thailand.

The 33-year-old, who was released by Leicester this summer, has agreed a 12-month contract.

"I am delighted that we have acquired a goalkeeper of Ian Walker's ability," Allardyce told the club's website.

"The goalkeeping area did concern me but we now have three quality keepers that will match any other team."

I think that's a rubbish move for him... No first team football, and even further away from his London home.

Maybe he didn't get many offers!!

130669[/snapback]

130681[/snapback]

touché

130882[/snapback]

Turtle

mcd7_touche.gif

i think walker would get in any bottom half table team in the prem as a number 1.. hes a quality goaly, some one like westbrom should get him... good luck to him in the future, he put is all into leicester and he deserves to be a legend any where ;):P

Signs for Bolton...

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has signed goalkeeper Ian Walker on a free transfer in time for the club's pre-season trip to Thailand.

The 33-year-old, who was released by Leicester this summer, has agreed a 12-month contract.

"I am delighted that we have acquired a goalkeeper of Ian Walker's ability," Allardyce told the club's website.

"The goalkeeping area did concern me but we now have three quality keepers that will match any other team."

I think that's a rubbish move for him... No first team football, and even further away from his London home.

Maybe he didn't get many offers!!

137692[/snapback]

Best of look to him, would have been annoyed to see him in the Championship for another season as he is better than that in my eyes....

Career wise, it's not a good move for him, unless Jaaskelainen gets injured. Good luck to him, but I can't see him playing many games.

Possibly Bolton's offer was much more lucrative than any other he had received, although, we didn't hear of any other clubs being linked with him.

Another ex-Leicester City keeper as their number 2. Following in the footsteps of Gavin Ward and Kevin Poole!

137790[/snapback]

I think he'll be the number one eventually... I dont rate Jaseklinen that much...

He was linked with Portsmouth and Birmingham too but obviously nothing came from that. Bolton is either gonna make or break the end of his career really, it's a risk undoubtedly. If Jussi gets injured he will get his chance, otherwise he will just sit on the bench until retirement (bar a couple of cup games or so). I hope he gets a fair crack at the whip though at some point.

Career wise, it's not a good move for him, unless Jaaskelainen gets injured. Good luck to him, but I can't see him playing many games.

Possibly Bolton's offer was much more lucrative than any other he had received, although, we didn't hear of any other clubs being linked with him.

137814[/snapback]

It said in the Independent he turned down a move to Southampton and also a last minute approach from Birmingham...

Archived