Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

80s Classics

• 4 weeks later...

The Proclaimers were guests of Colin Murray on TalkShite this morning. Seemed like really genuine, humble blokes. Not a huge fan of their music in general, but I absolutely love this. Strange because I've got zero affinity with Scotland or Hibs but there's something magical about this tune for me.

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's 'Back to the Future' day on Absolute 80's radio today. All songs from 1985. Love it but can't get any work done as I'm too busy jumping around the kitchen playing air guitar and singing into my pretend microphone.

• 2 weeks later...

An unusual Pogues song, with Cait O'Riordan (original bassist) on vocals.....considerably more attractive than Shane and a better singer, though not a better songwriter (is there such a thing?)

Mekons, still the best band in the world after all these years...

Probably the best song ever.

I know it was 2 months ago but this is such an incendiary statement I cannot let it go.

It's almost as if you've seen my Facebook rants where I wish the vessel in question goes down at sea resulting in the death of everyone on board.

What makes me even more cross is that I own the album that it's on

There's a man I meet, walks up our street

He's a worker for the council, has been twenty years

He packs his lunch in a Sunblest bag, the children call him bogey.

Imprinted on my mind forever.  I'd happily have the part of my brain in which that is saved surgically removed, by an amateur if necessary.

Medical boffins must know by now what area of the brain is responsible for Deacon Blue processing