Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DorsetFox9

PS VITA

Maybe not so much nowadays, but the reason the Gameboys were so popular in the late nineties onwards was Pokemon, the amount of people that got one for the sole reason of playing Pokemon at my school was unreal.

those were the days.i remember having both red and blue. i got 151 pokemon on blue including Mew

• 2 years later...

I know I'm a bit late to the vita party but bought a second hand one off eBay which arrived today. 

Loving it so far and it's a pity it wasn't supported more because it's a beautiful little machine. Got mine mainly so I can connect to PS4 and play games when the TVs is taken over by the mrs. 

Anyone got any game recommendations?

48 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

I know I'm a bit late to the vita party but bought a second hand one off eBay which arrived today. 

Loving it so far and it's a pity it wasn't supported more because it's a beautiful little machine. Got mine mainly so I can connect to PS4 and play games when the TVs is taken over by the mrs. 

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 and the two Rayman games are definitely worth playing.

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

Tearaway is phenomenal

19 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Glad you are happy with it. I mentioned before, Gravity Rush is the best game on the Vita imo. Uncharted is also really good. 

Thanks for tips. 

Connecting to PS4 doesn't work that well for me as my internet through sky is horrendous so there's too much lag, hopefully getting better net soon though when I get round to it. 

Played demo of gravity rush and loved it. 

Will look at others at some point , would love PlayStation Now but at 12.99 a month I'm not sure I can justify it , some good classics on there though 

12 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Thanks for tips. 

Connecting to PS4 doesn't work that well for me as my internet through sky is horrendous so there's too much lag, hopefully getting better net soon though when I get round to it. 

Played demo of gravity rush and loved it. 

Will look at others at some point , would love PlayStation Now but at 12.99 a month I'm not sure I can justify it , some good classics on there though 

I have Sky Broadband and whilst I agree its pretty shite I haven't had many problems with it when it comes to streaming from my PS4. Hopefully it will improve.

I have Playstation Now and I defo don't get enough play out of it. I really should cancel it lol. Been playing Batman recently. If you haven't played the Arkham games they are brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a Vita off eBay the Oled screen version for £70 including  delivery. Its in immaculate  condition  only came with a charger. I have a PSTV so already have a 16 gig memory card with a few games on. Killzone , need for speed, velocity ultra,olli Olli ,counterspy plus Everybody golf 2 psp, Lets golf psp mini. Also Crash team Racing Ps1.

First game I bought from the Ps store for the Vita was everybodys golf then crash bandicoot warped Ps1 classics. Also picked up Virtual Tennis 4 on a game card to make sure it reads cards ok.

So far really impressed with the build quality  and  feel of the console in the hands. psp  and ps1 games look and run great on it to. Will b my go to device now when travelling having tried a ds and wikipad as well as phones and tablets with Bluetooth controllers with various degrees of success. Was going to get a psp but ones in decent condition  were fetching around £45-50 minimum, may still pick one up eventually. 

Its a great bit  of kit shame Sony have abandoned  it.

18 hours ago, Neil_LCFC said:

Just picked up a Vita off eBay the Oled screen version for £70 including  delivery. Its in immaculate  condition  only came with a charger. I have a PSTV so already have a 16 gig memory card with a few games on. Killzone , need for speed, velocity ultra,olli Olli ,counterspy plus Everybody golf 2 psp, Lets golf psp mini. Also Crash team Racing Ps1.

First game I bought from the Ps store for the Vita was everybodys golf then crash bandicoot warped Ps1 classics. Also picked up Virtual Tennis 4 on a game card to make sure it reads cards ok.

So far really impressed with the build quality  and  feel of the console in the hands. psp  and ps1 games look and run great on it to. Will b my go to device now when travelling having tried a ds and wikipad as well as phones and tablets with Bluetooth controllers with various degrees of success. Was going to get a psp but ones in decent condition  were fetching around £45-50 minimum, may still pick one up eventually. 

Its a great bit  of kit shame Sony have abandoned  it.

Belive it or not there are actually more games confirmed for the vita this year than the nintendo switch

Edit: reading comprehension fail on my part lol

Archived