Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Bit miffed that Summer Sundae line up looks great this year...

...seeing as it's the first time in a decade that i won't be able to go!

Well, I can go on the Sunday, but the likelihood of all the acts I want to see being on that day is probably quite remote.

Still, keeping my fingers crossed that Django Django at least will be on the Sunday. And seeing as the first record I ever bought was "Stand and deliver" (showing my age here), I'm hoping Adam Ant will be as well.

Anyone here going?

I think this festival has lost its appeal for me, I went every year for 5 years when it began but now it is a shadow of its former self, Last years beer policy and McFly headlining were laughable. Other than Django and OCS I don't really rate the line up.

They gave up on the beer policy several weeks before the festival actually happened to be fair. And there were still quite a few good acts on last year despite the "headliners"...

They gave up on the beer policy several weeks before the festival actually happened to be fair. And there were still quite a few good acts on last year despite the "headliners"...

Exactly. More often than not, I come away from that festival feeling that the highlight was actually a band I'd never previously heard of, or didn't know much about. Mama Rosin are a case in point.

• 5 months later...

Willy mason & patrick wolf xxxxxx stunning

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Saw Willy Mason several years ago at The Charlotte, but wasn't that impressed. I'd love to see Patrick Wolf though, I imagine he'd be good live.

I do feel this years line up was weak, getting the right headliner is key to pulling in the punters but Katie B, OCS and PiL made it all a little bit Isle of Wight. Piece in the Mercury said this years festival was at least 100k in the hole by the end though thankfully the organisers vowed to continue.

The festival market is getting more competitive year on year and boutique festivals like this are struggling against huge soul less sponsor driven events.

Right then, I finally found my password for this site!

I had a fantastic weekend - Adam Ant was great, Django Django were the festival highlight and lots of other great music like Deer Tick, Japandroids (HOW loud?!!), Jonathan Richman and local legends Uncle Frank, complete with scantily clad "Frankettes". What's not to like?

I was a little taken aback though, that the only "moshpit" I witnessed was during Katy B's set!

I'm a bit miffed with the downfall of the moderating in this fo4rum.

Rather surprising.

What the hell has claused this ?

well, i'm gone from here. too many ****** in that leicester thread.

:wave:

I'm a bit miffed with the downfall of the moderating in this fo4rum.

Rather surprising.

What the hell has claused this ?

well, i'm gone from here. too many ****** in that leicester thread.

:wave:

Did you post in EVERY thread last night?

Archived