Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

ANZAC Day - Lest we forget

• 11 months later...

Not in the least.. lol this is OZ, sport IS a religion, the AFL will fill the MCG with 100,000 people to see the traditional footy match.

"Two Up" is officially legal for the day and is played in RSL's and clubs around the country.

The dawn service is very solemn and respectful... then its a day of remembrance and respect.

lol, I hope so :)

Oh and i just realised, i am not king of australia (yet) therefore i cannot say that your comment wasnt offensive to everyone in australia ;)

So on behalf fo those people.... BASTARD!   :thumbup:

As much as these threads are often with sadness, I can't help but smile when I read these or any other when it comes to those we must remember from such times.

Why? Because the complete all round honor and respect shown to these people, their achievements, sacrifice and stories gives me goosebumps.

Lest we forget

Always a great day to pay respects. Im not sure if it's because I get older or not but I think ANZAC day has taken on greater significants in recent years and more and more people pay respects at dawn services around the country.

• 11 months later...

Hey Antipodeans,

Just so you know, the dawn ANZAC commemorations were top story on the news up on our side of the planet this morning.

In the middle of an election campaign, I think it shows that remembrance is taken very seriously.

Archived