Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Video - Stewards v Police

Which ones? The ones that try to make the ground as safe as possible or the ones that only try to improve people's quality of life by targeting those who cause suffering?

i was referring to their playing talent. no need to white knight.

i love your naive view of it all though. very quaint.

i was referring to their playing talent. no need to white knight.

i love your naive view of it all though. very quaint.

Oh jog on. I would like to see you face some of the shit the police have to face.

bunch of shitebags

I must have missed the reference you made to the playing ability. Which part of "shitebags" describes the footballing skills of those that took part??

Naive view? Once you've done what they do, come commenting.

I must have missed the reference you made to the playing ability. Which part of "shitebags" describes the footballing skills of those that took part??

What do stewards do exactly, apart from try to ruin peoples fun and make them do things just to make themselves feel important?

By your logic I shouldn't have opinions on footballers because I'm not one myself.

What do stewards do exactly, apart from try to ruin peoples fun and make them do things just to make themselves feel important?

By your logic I shouldn't have opinions on footballers because I'm not one myself.

Stewards do assist with the running of a match day and would be invaluable in an emergency situation but as with everything a small minority of them do abuse the 'power' they have and have no ability to show descression with regards to ground rules. A very small amount of them love the authority and openly are agressive and look for confrontation, unfortunately it's the latter type of steward that stands out and are the ones we remember.

Most stewards are fine and do a good job.

He was talking about the police, not the stewards....

I've seen stewards, help old folk who have fallen over.

the fact that they are a bag of shite

Stewards do assist with the running of a match day and would be invaluable in an emergency situation but as with everything a small minority of them do abuse the 'power' they have and have no ability to show descression with regards to ground rules. A very small amount of them love the authority and openly are agressive and look for confrontation, unfortunately it's the latter type of steward that stands out and are the ones we remember.

:thumbup:

That is fair comment, as a steward I do get quite annoyed when people call us all sorts of names, simply because we have a job. The ones you have described, the power-hungry confrontational ones are usually response team rather than your average steward but we all get tarnished with the same brush.

I can't speak for other parts of the ground but 95% of the stewards in my area of the ground are there for similar reasons as you, to watch the game but we do this so we don't have to pay for tickets. If a steward has told you to sit down (or whatever) it is because he has been told too by superiors, just like everyone who works under management we do what the boss says, whether we agree or not is irrelevant. I have told people to sit down (not saying where I work lol ) and hate doing it but its something I am told to do. I don't care whether you listen to me or not, I can just say that I've told you. Trust me, I am a hypercritical steward as I stand at every away game I go to.

I do appreciate though that some stewards (response team) go about it in the wrong way and make the situation worse.

I don't want to make us out to be important but without us there would be no game :whistle::ph34r:

Archived