Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stourbridgefox

Leicester in the Champion's League Final

and chelsea ran away . in a pub in chelsea and and the pub was attacked by the headhunters bs ran out and the chelsea ran away . thats where that song came from . over land and sea and leicester . because we was there main rivals back in the dark days of football . the headhunters came to leicester for trouble a few times even when there was no football being played . thats where there song came from over land and sea and leicester .

A Villa fan reckons it goes back to the fights. I'll have to wait and see if any older Chelsea fans come on the board. There's probably some substance to it as we had the Chelsea ran away song. I can remember singing it in the 80s but had no idea where it came from

Buy the book called 'top boys' by cass pennant. There's an account of that day in there

Or, on the other hand, don't.

Just grow up, forget any infantile fascinations with fighting and do not give money to an arsehole so that he can benefit from having been a prize cockend.

and chelsea ran away . in a pub in chelsea and and the pub was attacked by the headhunters bs ran out and the chelsea ran away . thats where that song came from . over land and sea and leicester . because we was there main rivals back in the dark days of football . the headhunters came to leicester for trouble a few times even when there was no football being played . thats where there song came from over land and sea and leicester .

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

Within the Borough of Chelsea & Kensington used to reside the head-quarters of the SPG, a division of the police.

This special squad had a number of matchday roles, the primary one was to go to away matches three days before a game and remove as much spelling, punctuation and grammar as they could in order to render it impossible for hooligans to communicate with each other in a coherent fashion.

Although the squad has now been disbanded, due to European human rights legislation, many individuals across the country have been left unable to perform even simple communication tasks such as capitalising the first letter following a full stop or a proper noun.

Should you know anybody directly effected by this urge them to contact the Home Office in order to obtain compensation and a free bag of apostrophes.

I'm sure it's meant as an insult.

But hink of all the team's and all the crappy places that could've been chosen.

We were chosen because we mean something to them and it should sicken them to know they rate lower than Cov on our hate list..

Just seen on a Chelsea site about song lyrics. They also sing a version of if I had the wings of an eagle called wings of a sparrow.. With it finishing I would fly over Leicester city and shit on the bastards below below. So it obviously goes down to rivalry due to trouble from years ago.Hence why we sing Chelsea ran away.

Within the Borough of Chelsea & Kensington used to reside the head-quarters of the SPG, a division of the police.

This special squad had a number of matchday roles, the primary one was to go to away matches three days before a game and remove as much spelling, punctuation and grammar as they could in order to render it impossible for hooligans to communicate with each other in a coherent fashion.

Although the squad has now been disbanded, due to European human rights legislation, many individuals across the country have been left unable to perform even simple communication tasks such as capitalising the first letter following a full stop or a proper noun.

Should you know anybody directly effected by this urge them to contact the Home Office in order to obtain compensation and a free bag of apostrophes.

lol

A Villa fan reckons it goes back to the fights. I'll have to wait and see if any older Chelsea fans come on the board. There's probably some substance to it as we had the Chelsea ran away song. I can remember singing it in the 80s but had no idea where it came from

leicester ran them in london when they attacked a pub leicester fans were in

funny go away now

But I Think the home office Over Compensate!!!. I Now Cannot Complete a Sentence Without Capitalising Everything! I Have Positively Too Many Apostrophy's and Too Much Punctuation !!!!

It'''s Political Correctness' Gone Mad !!!!!!

As an old fart who was a teenager in the 70s, it is definitely a reference to the hooligans -- anyone posting on here who was not at the games in the 70s/80s and suggest it was for some other reason just do not have a clue.

Watching the game on Sat night made me smile to see the banner , for a second I thought it might be a Leicester branch of chelsea fans!

As an old fart who was a teenager in the 70s, it is definitely a reference to the hooligans -- anyone posting on here who was not at the games in the 70s/80s and suggest it was for some other reason just do not have a clue.

Watching the game on Sat night made me smile to see the banner , for a second I thought it might be a Leicester branch of chelsea fans!

thanx pal was beginning to think all the people on here were still at school

I remember Lovejoy on Soccer AM always said " and Leicester " but then a gain he was a chelsea fan. Anyone know how to contact him to ask what he knows ?

He is a believer of the M1 sign theory.

I have to agree it's the most likely one as the rivalry/ respect was intense and late 70's early 80's is when it seemed to come to the fore. Could be that the trouble just made it more relevant though and it's origins are prior to this. The biggest problem we cleary have is that the experts on this matter, the Chelsea fans, can't agree where it came from.

Archived