Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stourbridgefox

Leicester in the Champion's League Final

Anyone see the Chelsea flag displayed at last night's Champion's League Finals?

It said; 'Over Land & Sea and Leicester.'

Also, with about 5 minutes of extra time to go, the Chelsea fans sang 'Over land and sea and Leicester.'

Is this the closest we will get to a Champion's League final?

Anyone see the Chelsea flag displayed at last night's Champion's League Finals?

It said; 'Over Land & Sea and Leicester.'

Also, with about 5 minutes of extra time to go, the Chelsea fans sang 'Over land and sea and Leicester.'

Is this the closest we will get to a Champion's League final?

A lot of teams sing "... and Leicester", including Arsenal, who made the final in 2006 (I think it was '06), so we've heard it before at a European Cup final.

You never know though! A few seasons back Manchester City were trying to stay in the Premier League, now look at them :whistle:

I don't get why they sing Leicester of all places. We wont be singing Chelsea when we win the Champions League final in 5 years time.

Think it's because either Leicester is the furthest place away from the sea, or because on the motorway it actually says 'Leicester', or something like that. Look on their forum for more information I guess.

I don't get why they sing Leicester of all places. We wont be singing Chelsea when we win the Champions League final in 5 years time.

Get to know the club history then! And before anyone comes out with, 'its to do with the sign on the m1 saying "the midlands and leicester" that's a load of bollocks.

Also don't think arsenal sing about us. Same as WHU yesterday. They were singing, 'we all follow the west ham' but we were never mentioned in that either

Get to know the club history then! And before anyone comes out with, 'its to do with the sign on the m1 saying "the midlands and leicester" that's a load of bollocks.

Also don't think arsenal sing about us. Same as WHU yesterday. They were singing, 'we all follow the west ham' but we were never mentioned in that either

Why have you started to answer a simple question from a point of such anger? From what I can gather from googling it, It's only theories about why they sing it anyway. No-one seems to be 100% sure.

Arsenal do actually so..

I thought is was their answer to our song about Chelsea running away when they heard Leicester roar. In other words, it is rooted in 80s hooliganism.

There was an Arsenal article about something the other day, I can't remember what, but the title was 'Over land, sea and Leicester.' So I do think they sing it or have sung it in the past.

On Leicester being small time, well, we have been small time for the last 10 years. It is the longest we have been outside the top-flight and we have recorded our lowest finish in our history. We are small time.

But it's nice that their are reminders that we weren't always.

Why have you started to answer a simple question from a point of such anger? From what I can gather from googling it, It's only theories about why they sing it anyway. No-one seems to be 100% sure.

I've not. I thought every fan was aware of our clashes with chelsea off the pitch. They detest us. Certainly the old boys. Us being mentioned in their song is a reference to years gone by. I think one of the clashes was the same day as the hillsborough disaster.

Buy the book called 'top boys' by cass pennant. There's an account of that day in there

The explanation is that the fans of Chelsea are saying that they are prepared to travel anywhere over land and sea to watch their team, even going as far as to demean themselves by visiting places such as “Leicester”

( meaning no hardship is too great for them to bear in persuit of watching their team )

It’s a very thinly disguised insult to the city.

Its because it was such a massive accomplishment beating us in the FA Cup quarter final. I could also hear a small number of fans also singing

Over Land & Sea and Barcelona but not as many

The explanation is that the fans of Chelsea are saying that they are prepared to travel anywhere over land and sea to watch their team, even going as far as to demean themselves by visiting places such as “Leicester”

( meaning no hardship is too great for them to bear in persuit of watching their team )

It’s a very thinly disguised insult to the city.

Disagree. I take it to be about the fact that they follow Chelsea to support them, but follow leicester in the hope of doing over our fans. As in that they would go anywhere to fight us.

Disagree. I take it to be about the fact that they follow Chelsea to support them, but follow leicester in the hope of doing over our fans. As in that they would go anywhere to fight us.

:D

No,sorry that's just wishful thinking , It really is just an insult to us,

They see themselves as the glamorous UK club and they see places such as Leicester as places that must be endured on their travels ."over land and sea" , and we'll even go to shite places like Leicester , that's how much we are prepared to suffer for the cause.

it's just a bit of a joke at our expense , no more but I really don't mind if people think there is more to than this though :thumbup:

Archived