Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

CD Swap 2012

I've set up this forum for the CD swap. Right now it's only visible to those that have shown an interest in the original topic and participated in the last one.. thought I'd give it a chance for it to work as its been enjoyable in the past and I couldn't see it working if everyone just used Spotify.

Instead of trying to adhere to some sort of schedule and trying to enforce a code of practice, can we just make this sub-forum permanent and have people pick and choose as they will over time?

Sure it might mean that not everyone's gets listened to or reviewed but then that's people's choice. Those that are going to use this to try and expand their musical interests will do that regardless. It's just every time we try and stick to a set out format with people posting theirs in a pre-chosen order it's always the same few pushing to the front, getting theirs done, reviewing everyone else's until their own has a few +1s and then forgetting about it. That's how it always sort of fades out.

Best if this was just left as a long-term, no-holds-barred free for all?

Surely we can exercise a little bit of self control and self moderation amongst ourselves so it simply doesn't just fill up immediately with Smuts 1, Smuts 2, Smuts 3 and Smuts 4 (sorry to use you as an example, Karl, nothing specific meant) every other week.

I'd agree with finners as well - I'm sure we'd be able to exercise enough restraint to not just put out a new mix each week, and having this sub-forum permenant if new people want to get involved it'd be much easier for them to just have a scan through and get involved in their own time rather than waiting for people to fancy giving it another go.

As an additional thought, instead of doing a whole review of an album, how about just commenting on the new discoveries we've made, enjoyed and appreciated? There's really no point in giving bad reveiws of over half the tracks on a mix - why not just mentioned the 2 or 3 you really enjoyed, will play again and maybe look for more of their stuff? Seems more constructive.

I'd agree with finners as well - I'm sure we'd be able to exercise enough restraint to not just put out a new mix each week, and having this sub-forum permenant if new people want to get involved it'd be much easier for them to just have a scan through and get involved in their own time rather than waiting for people to fancy giving it another go.

Currently the forum available to those that have shown an interest in the last one..it'd be good to me know those who might be interested so I can include them too.

• 1 month later...

Not really I actually took some of those songs out as I thought people would be bored of the same old mix from me by now lol I could always add them back in though ;)

I'll upload it at the weekend when I'm back home.

Instead of trying to adhere to some sort of schedule and trying to enforce a code of practice, can we just make this sub-forum permanent and have people pick and choose as they will over time?

Sure it might mean that not everyone's gets listened to or reviewed but then that's people's choice. Those that are going to use this to try and expand their musical interests will do that regardless. It's just every time we try and stick to a set out format with people posting theirs in a pre-chosen order it's always the same few pushing to the front, getting theirs done, reviewing everyone else's until their own has a few +1s and then forgetting about it. That's how it always sort of fades out.

Best if this was just left as a long-term, no-holds-barred free for all?

Surely we can exercise a little bit of self control and self moderation amongst ourselves so it simply doesn't just fill up immediately with Smuts 1, Smuts 2, Smuts 3 and Smuts 4 (sorry to use you as an example, Karl, nothing specific meant) every other week.

Bumhole face.

Archived