Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Striker. . .

What we need is a target man, such as Chris Wood, even if it's only on loan.

Nugent could easily reach at least 15, Beckford could as well, and Waghorn has the ability to chip in with a few. You're right with Vardy, he has no experience, but that's not always a bad thing. He is an exciting, upcoming striker from non league, just like Steve Morison and Charlie Austin were, ok they did come via League 2 but they are good examples of goalscorers at this level.

Plus, I haven't heard more about Schlupp leaving on loan?

Last thing i heard was Sheffield united but he said on twitter it was rumours but i just think we need someone whos gona be consistant, like you say Chris Wood, with Pearsons relationship with fergie we 'might' stand a chance at Macheda on loan

I'd be surpirsed to see another striker come in, unless any of them leave. Nugent and Beckford finally look like a decent partnership. They managed 24 league goals between them last season, that's a great return. Reading's top scorer - Simon Church - scored 8 times during the season. Our strikers aren't the problem, we need to tighten up our defence and the rest of the team has to chip in with the goals too. We need someone like Andy King to rediscover his goalscoring form. With Vardy and Waghorn as backup, I think we've got more than enough decent striking options - Waghorn's worth between 5 and 10 goals a season from the bench and Pearson obviously thinks that Vardy will score goals at this level too.

Beckford can score goals given the right partner.

This nonsense about Beckford and Nuge having a good strike partnership was not backed up in any way by the stats nor by what I saw with my own eyes.

If we are to keep and play Beckford, he needs to be up top with a bigger bloke who can hold the ball and lay it in for him.

Like Beckford/Becchio this could work for us.

I can actually yeaah. . . Not alot of goals last season obviously, how many the season before when he was fit? Not many? Hes a bench player

He didn't get many the season before that because he was left on the bench for most games, and when he did come he was played on the wing, it isn't his position. The only season it is fair to judge Waggy on is the season when he was starting games relativley regularly, under the manager we will have next season, playing in a formation similar to the one we'll be using next year.

I'd be surpirsed to see another striker come in, unless any of them leave. Nugent and Beckford finally look like a decent partnership. They managed 24 league goals between them last season, that's a great return. Reading's top scorer - Simon Church - scored 8 times during the season. Our strikers aren't the problem, we need to tighten up our defence and the rest of the team has to chip in with the goals too. We need someone like Andy King to rediscover his goalscoring form. With Vardy and Waghorn as backup, I think we've got more than enough decent striking options - Waghorn's worth between 5 and 10 goals a season from the bench and Pearson obviously thinks that Vardy will score goals at this level too.

I agree with you about the other players chipping in with goals.

I also agree that more assists need to be made by the other players, especially the midfielders.

Beckford and Nugent, for me, didn't look good together. Many games they were playing miles apart from each other and didn't seem to know instinctively where each other were.

Both of them can score goals, but I don't think they worked well with each other.

I'd like to see a bigger, stronger player to play alongside either of them (or even both) to fill that space between them that was just too wide.

The main problem last season was that they did not create enough goals for each other, which needs sorting.

IMO....

This nonsense about Beckford and Nuge having a good strike partnership was not backed up in any way by the stats nor by what I saw with my own eyes.

If we are to keep and play Beckford, he needs to be up top with a bigger bloke who can hold the ball and lay it in for him.

Is Becchio a bigger bloke?

Heskey?. . .

Well-built, strong, good in the air, shields the ball very well. 'Target man'...

Built a lot like Waghorn.

Sunderland...?

Oh right, I've always thought of him as a Dickov, Hume type player. Bit of a pest and chases everything down

Waghorn isn't 'tall' but built like a brick shithouse... Did you see him play?

Although he looks like he's trimmed off.

Yeah i do really like him, would love for him to have a good season but i cant see him scoring alot

Archived