Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Striker. . .

Yeah i do really like him, would love for him to have a good season but i cant see him scoring alot

Why not? He did so last time under Nigel, no reason at all that he can't do the same again given more of an oppertunity than he got in the last couple of seasons.

4 goalscorers? Really? Hopper a upcoming player, Vardy no experience, Waghorn out for most of last season an not alot of goals, Beckford hes gona get no more than 10 all season. . . Still think we dont need 1 more

Wow! You can see into the future?! Tell me, what do i have for tea tonight? Does the world really end this year? ...

I agree with you about the other players chipping in with goals.

I also agree that more assists need to be made by the other players, especially the midfielders.

Beckford and Nugent, for me, didn't look good together. Many games they were playing miles apart from each other and didn't seem to know instinctively where each other were.

Both of them can score goals, but I don't think they worked well with each other.

I'd like to see a bigger, stronger player to play alongside either of them (or even both) to fill that space between them that was just too wide.

The main problem last season was that they did not create enough goals for each other, which needs sorting.

IMO....

I can see what you're saying to an extent, but I think they finished the season a lot stronger as a partnership than when the season started. Also, even if they didn't play amazingly well at times, individually or as a partnership, am I right in saying they were the best strike partnership in the league in terms of league goals scored? I'd have a look myself to check that, but I'm at work...

I can see what you're saying to an extent, but I think they finished the season a lot stronger as a partnership than when the season started. Also, even if they didn't play amazingly well at times, individually or as a partnership, am I right in saying they were the best strike partnership in the league in terms of league goals scored? I'd have a look myself to check that, but I'm at work...

Lambert 25 goals.... Sharp 19 goals

McCormack 18 goals..... Becchio 11 goals

King 16 goals..... Zigic 12 goals

Vaz Te 22 goals... Cole 15 goals

Austin 16 goals.... Rodriguez 15 goals

Henderson 15 goals.... Keogh 12 goals

Emnes 14 goals... Jutkewicz 11 goals

Nugent 15 goals.... Beckford (don't even appear on the table of the top 30 goal scorers in the division) but I believe he scored 7?

Fair play, some of the goals scored by some of the players above weren't when they were at their current clubs.. But the stats don't read well for City having a great 'strike partnership' do they?

In addition, only Nugent appears in the list of the top 30 assists, with 8... No other City players are in that list, including Beckford.

Therefore, very few of Nugents goals were set up directly by Beckford.

It's only stats of course, but important I think and still needs addressing. Sure, this implies that our lack of midfield creativity was incredibly lacking, but the best 'strike partnerships' make goals for each other. This was also clearly lacking last season.

In my opinion Beckford's a quality striker. I personally believe he can score goals for fun if he is given the right service.

Out of the 33 games I saw last season, I don't remember many times me saying 'he should have scored there'.

But I do have to question his attitude on the pitch, behind the scenes I don't know how he is, but on the pitch at times last season he looked 'unbothered'. But at times so did half the team.

In my opinion no more strikers but hopefully one more winger.

Sure we need a Beckford replacement but our problem is midfield not being able to help out the defence. Let's get that midfield sorted first.

Nugent 15 goals.... Beckford (don't even appear on the table of the top 30 goal scorers in the division) but I believe he scored 7?

Fair play, some of the goals scored by some of the players above weren't when they were at their current clubs.. But the stats don't read well for City having a great 'strike partnership' do they?

I still think this needs addressing...

Haha wow, that's quite a list. I don't think it's fair to include Sharp & Vaz Te though, they didn't score all their goals alongside the strike partners they played with at Southampton and West Ham respectively.

I still think if Nuge and Becks finish this coming season with 30 goals between them, which I think they're both capable of, then that should be enough. Like I said before, the rest of the team needs to chip in, as well as other strikers such as Vardy and Waghorn. If we keep those 4 together, it wouldn't worry me if we got no-one else in. It would be nice to get a big target man in to give us a more options, but good strikers come at a premium and I think there are more important areas to address - defence being key.

In my opinion Beckford's a quality striker. I personally believe he can score goals for fun if he is given the right service.

Out of the 33 games I saw last season, I don't remember many times me saying 'he should have scored there'.

But I do have to question his attitude on the pitch, behind the scenes I don't know how he is, but on the pitch at times last season he looked 'unbothered'. But at times so did half the team.

In my opinion no more strikers but hopefully one more winger.

The number of times I have read on this forum that 'Beckford is a quality striker' or 'He can score goals for fun' or 'He needs to settle in then he'll fire on all cylinders'.. The list is endless.

Last seasons evidence, in the league, suggests something else.

I myself have a sneaky feeling that, if played in absolutely the right way, Beckford can score plenty of goals.

I think he needs to. In my opinion, the faith that the fans have placed in him and the wages he collects from the club, I, for one, am looking for a marked improvement next season.

The number of times I have read on this forum that 'Beckford is a quality striker' or 'He can score goals for fun' or 'He needs to settle in then he'll fire on all cylinders'.. The list is endless.

Last seasons evidence, in the league, suggests something else.

I myself have a sneaky feeling that, if played in absolutely the right way, Beckford can score plenty of goals.

I think he needs to. In my opinion, the faith that the fans have placed in him and the wages he collects from the club, I, for one, am looking for a marked improvement next season.

I think everyone will agree with that. My only concern is whether we will play the way that suits him the best. When we played attacking, ball to feet football he looked sensational, scored a few and could have scored more. If we don't play to his style then I can't see him scoring many next season

I believe someone like Simeon Jackson or Simon Cox could be the answer.

Don't know why people are still raving on about Waghorn, if he didn't score against Leeds people wouldn't be mentioning him and some probably would even say it's about time he left.

Beckford, Nugent, Vardy, Jackson/Cox would be immense now we are allowed 7 subs.

I believe someone like Simeon Jackson or Simon Cox could be the answer.

Don't know why people are still raving on about Waghorn, if he didn't score against Leeds people wouldn't be mentioning him and some probably would even say it's about time he left.

Beckford, Nugent, Vardy, Jackson/Cox would be immense now we are allowed 7 subs.

Arguably the biggest lie I've ever read.

4 goalscorers? Really? Hopper a upcoming player, Vardy no experience, Waghorn out for most of last season an not alot of goals, Beckford hes gona get no more than 10 all season. . . Still think we dont need 1 more

this ! your being quoted back by the "could" "should" "MIGHT" "possible" crew .fantasy . beckford has the ability to get 10 plus but he doesn't want to be here the rest is fact !

Vardy 31 goals...Nugent 15 goals

We win ;)

Archived