Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Thai Fight Comes To King Power Stadium

he's your standard internet idiot trying to masquerade as someone who has intelligence. he trolls because he isn't clever enough to have a proper debate and is starved of attention in the real world. these people are a dime a dozen on the internet. you can see the same blueprint in how they argue repeated across forums on the internet.

the extreme opposite (usually an analogy that makes you smack your forehead in exasperation)

willfully ignoring salient points

saying things for shock value and then usually backtracking/trite responses

showing false contrition when they have been soundly beaten and wish to escape the thread with some semblance of respect so that they can start the whole process again somewhere else

Do you mean me ? If so please tell me where I did any backtracking. If any salient points were ignored they were the ones I made. Contrition ? what contrition I haven't shown any and have no intention of showing any.

Soundly beaten ? where are you coming from. I certainly don't need respect from you.

Still you got the reaction you were looking for I'll give you that. :thumbup: geez your so wise i'm in complete awe.

club just sent me an e-mail advertising boxing tickets for a fiver and sunderland tickets and I've gone on the website like they said and they've got boxing tickets for a tenner and no sign of any sunderland tickets.

Just for a moment I thought we had signed a proper competitive midfield but alas not.

Personally I won't be attending as I can't really say I enjoy watching two humans hit the shit out of each other.

There's an intersting debate to be had on brain damage issues but this BBC article sums it up quite well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/boxing.shtml

Guest MattP

Just for a moment I thought we had signed a proper competitive midfield but alas not.

Personally I won't be attending as I can't really say I enjoy watching two humans hit the shit out of each other.

There's an intersting debate to be had on brain damage issues but this BBC article sums it up quite well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ns/boxing.shtml

Be ten times worse if you ban it, the sport will never end whatever people say, it's one of the oldest, traditional and proudest sports to have ever came into existence, it will go underground if you ban it and the participants will end up boxing with no medical staff near the event.

Mark w and others boring you say, and watching 22 grown men running around a field chasing a bag of wind, falling over when they get a tap and bursting into tears when they stub their toe is not, hmmm Maybe you should watch one ore two of these fights before you comment.

Flowwolf Not our culture!!! Muay Thai is the fastest growing sport in the UK today, and four of the fighters on this card are english. Your comment about fitness shows how little you know, all of these guys are way fitter then ANY footballer you care to mention.

lcfcstu Tekken is a computer game this is real, and john claude was a kickboxer not a muay thai fighter,

Muay thai is also known as the art of the eight limbs, in full thai rules each opponent is allowed to use Hands, Feet Knees And Elbows to land blows to the body.

Well done to the owners this card would cost you £50 ticket if any other promoter put it on, make the most of it go and see it.

Mark w and others boring you say, and watching 22 grown men running around a field chasing a bag of wind, falling over when they get a tap and bursting into tears when they stub their toe is not

Yep.

Mark w and others boring you say, and watching 22 grown men running around a field chasing a bag of wind, falling over when they get a tap and bursting into tears when they stub their toe is not, hmmm Maybe you should watch one ore two of these fights before you comment.

Flowwolf Not our culture!!! Muay Thai is the fastest growing sport in the UK today, and four of the fighters on this card are english. Your comment about fitness shows how little you know, all of these guys are way fitter then ANY footballer you care to mention.

lcfcstu Tekken is a computer game this is real, and john claude was a kickboxer not a muay thai fighter,

Muay thai is also known as the art of the eight limbs, in full thai rules each opponent is allowed to use Hands, Feet Knees And Elbows to land blows to the body.

Well done to the owners this card would cost you £50 ticket if any other promoter put it on, make the most of it go and see it.

Sorry I don't remember saying anything about " fitness" ? And Muay Thai is part of the English culture is it ? The name gives it away.

My comment was in reference to your abusing their bodies statment they do not abuse them they worship them and train them to withstand the pain and torment of their chosen sport.

"I too am embarrassed that that fellow human beings ( you in particular ) actually enjoy the spectacle of two paid humans punching and kicking each other into unconsciousness. Now you tell me enlightened one what has culture got to do with that ?"

Yet you pay to watch 22 paid humans competing against each other on a field of combat, if they all at all times were to abide by the rules then I would maybe agree, at least the competitors in the ring are expecting their opponents to attack them, and have trained to defend themselves against said attacks.

I don't want to dwell on the Micheal Watson fight as we all agree it was a tradgedy but if you ever have the opportunity to listen to his own account of that fight he blames no-one it was his choice he was not forced to get into the ring.

As for the culture argument the art of the 8 limbs was developed by the Thais to defend their country against invaders who were armed with much more sophisticated weaponry than was available to them at the time, we chose to develope weapons to do the same job.

Now some of our sportsmen have decided to embrace a foreign sport and try to excel at it, and over the past 40 years their have been some great exponents of it from the uk, if the WMC had been successful with their olympic bid, then we would be supporting our british athletes in that disiline just the same as all the others.

Sorry I don't understand how you think I actually enjoy watching two people punch and kick each other unconscious ? ( you in particular ) ? You have the wrong poster there i'm afraid.

How on earth are you comparing football to Thai fighting ? Do you actually understand the meaning of the word combat ?

"I too am embarrassed that that fellow human beings ( you in particular ) actually enjoy the spectacle of two paid humans punching and kicking each other into unconsciousness. Now you tell me enlightened one what has culture got to do with that ?"

Yet you pay to watch 22 paid humans competing against each other on a field of combat, if they all at all times were to abide by the rules then I would maybe agree, at least the competitors in the ring are expecting their opponents to attack them, and have trained to defend themselves against said attacks.

If the rules of Football included 'Is encouraged to kick the opponent as frequently as possible' and the overall goal of the sport was to physically damage the opponent, then I don't think I'd attend so frequently to be honest. You can't get upset that a few people on a football forum aren't jumping up and down with excitement that they're getting the chance to watch two men kick each other the day before the football season kicks off. Maybe if I was on a Muay Thai forum I could understand your displeasure at that, but this is a football forum and I'd suggest most on here prefer to watch 22 men kick a ball round a field than watch two men trying to injure each other, I really don't see the 'sport' in that myself.

How you can compare the violence in a football match to a sport which revolves solely around the idea of attacking your opponent I don't know... I mean seriously? Really?

If the rules of Football included 'Is encourage to kick the opponent as frequently as possible' and the overall goal of the sport was to physically damage the opponent, then I don't think I'd attend so frequently to be honest. You can't get upset that a few people on a football forum aren't jumping up and down with excitement that they're getting the chance to watch two men kick each other the day before the football season kicks off. Maybe if I was on a Muay Thai forum I could understand your displeasure at that, but this is a football forum and I'd suggest most on here prefer to watch 22 men kick a ball round a field than watch two men trying to injure each other, I really don't see the 'sport' in that myself.

How you can compare the violence in a football match to a sport which revolves solely around the idea of attacking your opponent I don't know... I mean seriously? Really?

So you think Football is pure, and these young men really respect others they dont know as much as others they do ?

With the amount of cash and prestige at steak ?

No chance,

Sport is war without the killing

Bizarre comment, been watching the TV last two weeks?

Its actually a quote from something I read a couple of weeks ago, and it hit some type of resonance

And yes, of course I have been

Dont you think some of these athletes have used some 'unconventional' means, or even used dirty tricks to be Olympians on the biggest stage on earth ?

As for Football and most other sports, its pretty likely dirty rivalries, divides and competition drive hatred and dirty tricks the average person wont learn about in most instances

Guest MattP

It's an interesting comment.

If you had replaced sport with football I would have completely agreed with you, the game is about winning at any cost with no bother on how it's achieved and the levels people go to are quite frankly a disgrace.

Some athletes cheat, 99% don't.

I don't think sports like Golf, Cricket, Racing etc can fall into the category of war without weapons.

"Sport is war without the killing" sounds a bit like a George Orwell qoute:

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting."

Mark w I understand your point and I am not upset at the number of people who don't want to give it a chance, it's the people who have have never seen it or tried to understand it and then make comments which are untrue, some people watch football some boxing some even enjoy Syncronised swimming, an dthere entitled to, but as the old adage goes don't knock it till you'vr tried it, and yes i am a football fan.

I don't have to "try " it to know I don't like it , it's not some new untried food or sexual position is it. It's two people punching and kicking the shit out of each other. What a piss poor analogy. What exactly is there to understand ? So which comment exactly was untrue , the one that said two people trying to kick and punch each other unconscious ? you tell me your the " Oracle "

Quick hands up: how many of you can't wait to watch Haye or Klitschko but are slamming Muay Thai for "two blokes kicking the shit out of each other"?

Wouldn't want to watch either, ever.

Archived