Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Thai Fight Comes To King Power Stadium

These people are professional fighters they love what they do and I'm sure they enjoy doing it in front of an audience. I would step into the ring but obviously I'm not skilled enough to do so...

Fair point but I don't think they would do it if no one paid to watch them.

Fair point but I don't think they would do it if no one paid to watch them.

Young men will fight each other for sport and being paid is a big bonus. Happens all over the world in different forms.

Ignore me like you just did ? simpleton. I too am embarrassed that that fellow human beings ( you in particular ) actually enjoy the spectacle of two paid humans punching and kicking each other into unconsciousness. Now you tell me enlightened one what has culture got to do with that ? Explore your own mind and emotions then come back and tell me why you think violence is a commodity that should be exploited by weakling wankers ( yes all of you on here who would pay to watch) who would never dream of stepping into a ring and fighting anyone themselves , yet would willingly pay for for someone else to do it. COWARDS both morally and physically. I await your response.

Actually, if you have something against fighting sports then that's fair enough. Your first post made it seem as if you are against the idea purely because it's not a traditional English sport, which would be retarded. If that's not the case then I apologise.

Actually, if you have something against fighting sports then that's fair enough. Your first post made it seem as if you are against the idea purely because it's not a traditional English sport, which would be retarded. If that's not the case then I apologise.

No it's not the case. I abhor fighting of any kind especially when people dress it up as some kind of sport. Unfortunately mankind has not moved on from this barbarity. People go to watch fights of all types just to sit and watch two or more combatants punch kick bite and chew their opponents into a unconscious state. Just take a look at the idiots at the ring side screaming shouting and throwing imaginary punches in the air, you know the sort big fat sweaty business men chewing on cigars. So no this is not the so called "sport" I would like to see at our football stadium. What will they introduce next Bull fights , cock fights , Bear bating ? Oh no they can't can they, they have all been banned.

No it's not the case. I abhor fighting of any kind especially when people dress it up as some kind of sport. Unfortunately mankind has not moved on from this barbarity. People go to watch fights of all types just to sit and watch two or more combatants punch kick bite and chew their opponents into a unconscious state. Just take a look at the idiots at the ring side screaming shouting and throwing imaginary punches in the air, you know the sort big fat sweaty business men chewing on cigars. So no this is not the so called "sport" I would like to see at our football stadium. What will they introduce next Bull fights , cock fights , Bear bating ? Oh no they can't can they, they have all been banned.

Ha ha ha brilliant.. Oh sorry your serious I thought you were auditioning for some sort of theatrical piece like the speech in Richard the third or when the brain explains his plan to pinky!

I love all forms of combat sports, the level of discipline involved has put straight many a wayward young man and I'm proud to say that martial arts helped me learn focus and how to control my aggression as a younger man. Whilst I also don't partake these days I'm always grateful for the things I learned all those years ago.

Don't panic though I've mailed Top and in the interests of inclusivity he's speaking to Florist and will arrange competitive pillow fighting for the last game of the season!

Ha ha ha brilliant.. Oh sorry your serious I thought you were auditioning for some sort of theatrical piece like the speech in Richard the third or when the brain explains his plan to pinky!

I love all forms of combat sports, the level of discipline involved has put straight many a wayward young man and I'm proud to say that martial arts helped me learn focus and how to control my aggression as a younger man. Whilst I also don't partake these days I'm always grateful for the things I learned all those years ago.

Don't panic though I've mailed Top and in the interests of inclusivity he's speaking to Florist and will arrange competitive pillow fighting for the last game of the season!

I respect your right to an opinion but did you see Ally at the Olympic opening ceremony ? that's not Parkinsons that's brain damage through being repeatedly punched in the head, and they call boxing a sport.

And yes I was being serious. No why don't you be serious and put forward a worthy argument for organised fighting other than that old excuse of giving you discipline and controlling you aggression. You can get both of those attributes in any sport without having to punch someone unconscious and as often the case in a wheelchair for life.

I respect your right to an opinion but did you see Ally at the Olympic opening ceremony ? that's not Parkinsons that's brain damage through being repeatedly punched in the head, and they call boxing a sport.

Mate not being funny but sometimes it seems you say things just to try and be controversial and cause debate, when really people look at what you type, shake their head and think "what a ****"...

And yes I was being serious. No why don't you be serious and put forward a worthy argument for organised fighting other than that old excuse of giving you discipline and controlling you aggression. You can get both of those attributes in any sport without having to punch someone unconscious and as often the case in a wheelchair for life.

Absolutely pal I was simply poking a bit of fun at you no offence intended.

Mohammed Ali has Parkinsons disease it's a cruel and viscous disease that has left him almost incapacitated. This has been diagnosed by these wonderful people called doctors who study for years in order to able to diagnose these things whilst your simply making a ill thought out lazy comment based on nothing more than seeing him on tv as I doubt you've ever met him in person.

Take yourself outside shake yourself then come back and try and put a bit of thought into any future posts.

Mate not being funny but sometimes it seems you say things just to try and be controversial and cause debate, when really people look at what you type, shake their head and think "what a ****"...

I'm more than happy with that appraisal. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: thanks ! mind you I would much prefer it if people would say why they disagree with me than just shaking their heads and thinking what a ****.

Absolutely pal I was simply poking a bit of fun at you no offence intended.

Mohammed Ali has Parkinsons disease it's a cruel and viscous disease that has left him almost incapacitated. This has been diagnosed by these wonderful people called doctors who study for years in order to able to diagnose these things whilst your simply making a ill thought out lazy comment based on nothing more than seeing him on tv as I doubt you've ever met him in person.

Take yourself outside shake yourself then come back and try and put a bit of thought into any future posts.

Just did as you asked , I went outside shook myself came back in and clicked on the google profile for the boxer Michael Watson. I suggest you do the same.

Flowwolf, these people are adults who know the consequences of their decision to get involved in a full contact fight. The spectators know what they are witnessing.

If you don't like full contact fighting don't go and watch it. But don't pass judgement on those who chose to partake and watch this sort of sport.

There are risks to any sport, look at the amount of injuries there are in football, even playing casually can do your knees in for the rest of your life. Look at what happened to Chrsitopher Reeve from falling off a horse. Are you going to propose to ban horse riding and Equestrian sports?

And contrary to your beliefs these fighters do not go out to cause deliberate injury to other competitors.

Just did as you asked , I went outside shook myself came back in and clicked on the google profile for the boxer Michael Watson. I suggest you do the same.

Your point was about Ali not Watson... What happened to him was tragic but no contact sport comes without risk just ask Matt Hampson and Fabrice Muamba...

Your embarrassing yourself now... I know no one likes to look foolish and some sort of silly pride keeps you responding but I suggest that you probably should think before you type in occasion!

Your point was about Ali not Watson... What happened to him was tragic but no contact sport comes without risk just ask Matt Hampson and Fabrice Muamba...

Your embarrassing yourself now... I know no one likes to look foolish and some sort of silly pride keeps you responding but I suggest that you probably should think before you type in occasion!

None of the sports you have quoted go out to deliberately knock someone unconscious. What happened to Watson was not " tragic" he suffered irretrievable brain damage because his opponent punched his head in. It's actually quite embarrassing on your part that you cannot even grasp that fact. Perhaps you need to think before you type or at least come up with a sound argument for boxing.

None of the sports you have quoted go out to deliberately knock someone unconscious. What happened to Watson was not " tragic" he suffered irretrievable brain damage because his opponent punched his head in. It's actually quite embarrassing on your part that you cannot even grasp that fact. Perhaps you need to think before you type or at least come up with a sound argument for boxing.

Well whether you like it or not the competitors are adults who know what they are getting in to. No one is putting a gun to their head and making them fight and they know the danger of their sport, and in my experience they are a lot more aware of the dangers than people who play other sports e.g. rugby.

If you don't like it stay away from it but don't judge others who enjoy watching or partaking in this sport.

Furthermore on your point about Watson, no competitor goes into the ring to deliberately disable another competitor, and there is no way that Eubank intended to injure Watson. It was more a case of the fact there were no medical staff or paramedics in the stadium which would never happen in a modern martial arts fight, Watson was without oxygen for a long time so the damage had been done by the time he had finally got to hospital.

Again you either refuse to see or completely miss the point... I'll simplify it by spelling it out and hopefully you'll keep up...

All CONTACT sports have an element of risk regardless of the the AIM of those sports when you put two or more individuals in close contact with one another there will always be a chance of something tragic happening. Even if the aim of a sport isn't to physically hurt someone ANY contact CAN lead to injury.

Take tackling in rugby for example whilst the aim isnt to hurt your opponent to bring someone down that's 16st plus you need to hit them hard to achieve this. Doing this without serious injury to yourself or your opponent takes training and disipline the same as a boxer will aim to incapacitate their opponent without doing any long term damage.

Right off to repeatedly punch myself in the face for continuing to give you the attention you do obviously need!

Again you either refuse to see or completely miss the point... I'll simplify it by spelling it out and hopefully you'll keep up...

All CONTACT sports have an element of risk regardless of the the AIM of those sports when you put two or more individuals in close contact with one another there will always be a chance of something tragic happening. Even if the aim of a sport isn't to physically hurt someone ANY contact CAN lead to injury.

Take tackling in rugby for example whilst the aim isnt to hurt your opponent to bring someone down that's 16st plus you need to hit them hard to achieve this. Doing this without serious injury to yourself or your opponent takes training and disipline the same as a boxer will aim to incapacitate their opponent without doing any long term damage.

Right off to repeatedly punch myself in the face for continuing to give you the attention you do obviously need!

Stop being so bloody silly. When you come out with a statement that the aim of this so called sport is not to hurt anyone you show yourself up, of course the aim is to knockout your opponent or to hurt him so bad the ref stops it or the second throws in the towel in.

Do you really think boxers care about exactly where they punch each other ? excuse after excuse. Stop flogging this dead horse it's beginning to smell. Oh and again stop trying to compare boxing with any other sport, Boxing/ cage fighting etc is the only one where the aim is to cause unconsciousness's by punching your opponents head.

Stop being so bloody silly. When you come out with a statement that the aim of this so called sport is not to hurt anyone you show yourself up, of course the aim is to knockout your opponent or to hurt him so bad the ref stops it or the second throws in the towel in.

Do you really think boxers care about exactly where they punch each other ? excuse after excuse. Stop flogging this dead horse it's beginning to smell. Oh and again stop trying to compare boxing with any other sport, Boxing/ cage fighting etc is the only one where the aim is to cause unconsciousness's by punching your opponents head.

If they didn't want to fight, they wouldn't fight.

I thought you had made your last post anyway? lol

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/82376-last-post/

Flowolf There are so many things wrong with your argument against boxing I don't where to start but here goes.

1. Watson is an incredible man, he still loves the sport and has said publicly he has no regrets and would do it all over again, to pedal him out as an example of whats wrong with boxing is disrespectful to him and everything he has achieved since his injuries, and shows you ignorance on the matter.

check out this video

you'll see him finishing the London Marathon (how many marathons have you completed?). Working with kids in a boxing gym, and hear him talking about how much he loves the sport, in his own words 'boxing has made me who I am, an inspirational figure'.

2. you are concentrating on the rare serious injuries and ignoring the thousands of troubled kids who have had there life's turned around by this fantastic sport here are a couple of examples. ( http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/lifestyle/features/boxing_saved_me_from_life_of_crime_woods_1_497063 & http://www.youthoutlook.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=313b7706811bd18b96e53f4b971be5af )

3. to say The Aim of boxing is knock your opponent unconscious or hurt them again shows your ignorance on the matter, the aim of boxing is like all sports... is to win! and and many great boxers go their whole careers with very few knockouts, these boxers are not stepping into the ring with the intention of knocking out or even hurting there opponent, its all about styles take former british champion Ian Nappa for instance who had one KO victory in his entire career.

4. yes boxing is dangerous but there are far more injuries and deaths in loads of other sports including horse racing, BMX Riding and Motorbike Racing but I doubt you speak about these sports in the same condescending tone!

Flowolf There are so many things wrong with your argument against boxing I don't where to start but here goes.

1. Watson is an incredible man, he still loves the sport and has said publicly he has no regrets and would do it all over again, to pedal him out as an example of whats wrong with boxing is disrespectful to him and everything he has achieved since his injuries, and shows you ignorance on the matter.

check out this video

you'll see him finishing the London Marathon (how many marathons have you completed?). Working with kids in a boxing gym, and hear him talking about how much he loves the sport, in his own words 'boxing has made me who I am, an inspirational figure'.

2. you are concentrating on the rare serious injuries and ignoring the thousands of troubled kids who have had there life's turned around by this fantastic sport here are a couple of examples. ( http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/lifestyle/features/boxing_saved_me_from_life_of_crime_woods_1_497063 & http://www.youthoutlook.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=313b7706811bd18b96e53f4b971be5af )

3. to say The Aim of boxing is knock your opponent unconscious or hurt them again shows your ignorance on the matter, the aim of boxing is like all sports... is to win! and and many great boxers go their whole careers with very few knockouts, these boxers are not stepping into the ring with the intention of knocking out or even hurting there opponent, its all about styles take former british champion Ian Nappa for instance who had one KO victory in his entire career.

4. yes boxing is dangerous but there are far more injuries and deaths in loads of other sports including horse racing, BMX Riding and Motorbike Racing but I doubt you speak about these sports in the same condescending tone!

Eloquently put bob. Some people are deliberately controversial to spark debate others use it as a medium for attention.

Where Mr Wolf sits in the above context I'm not sure but he certainly selects particular parts of individuals posts in order to make a point rather than giving a well rounded response to the whole piece. It's like saying to the other half you'll be in at around 2 coming in at five past and her complaining... Hang on a minute....?

Gentlemen you have both put forward a very good reasonable argument and believe it or not I have taken on board what you have said. I still maintain my stance on the subject and we shall have to agree to disagree on that. My intention was not to be deliberately controversial I meant every word I said and that is the difference. In no way did I mean to come across as condescending or mean any disrespect to Micheal Watson if that's how it came across then I apologise . thanks for the input as I said I did learn from it.

Gentlemen you have both put forward a very good reasonable argument and believe it or not I have taken on board what you have said. I still maintain my stance on the subject and we shall have to agree to disagree on that. My intention was not to be deliberately controversial I meant every word I said and that is the difference. In no way did I mean to come across as condescending or mean any disrespect to Micheal Watson if that's how it came across then I apologise . thanks for the input as I said I did learn from it.

Can always agree to disagree pal, that's half the enjoyment of this site... Good debate though.

Eloquently put bob. Some people are deliberately controversial to spark debate others use it as a medium for attention.

Where Mr Wolf sits in the above context I'm not sure but he certainly selects particular parts of individuals posts in order to make a point rather than giving a well rounded response to the whole piece. It's like saying to the other half you'll be in at around 2 coming in at five past and her complaining... Hang on a minute....?

he's your standard internet idiot trying to masquerade as someone who has intelligence. he trolls because he isn't clever enough to have a proper debate and is starved of attention in the real world. these people are a dime a dozen on the internet. you can see the same blueprint in how they argue repeated across forums on the internet.

the extreme opposite (usually an analogy that makes you smack your forehead in exasperation)

willfully ignoring salient points

saying things for shock value and then usually backtracking/trite responses

showing false contrition when they have been soundly beaten and wish to escape the thread with some semblance of respect so that they can start the whole process again somewhere else

Archived