Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jock2612

Do you think we have a CB problem ?

Lets hear SSL news first, i i would imagine NP had Morgan/ZW pencilled in as his first choice pairing so no panic just yet, id obviously like to see Zak involved in the remaining friendlies and maybe Taft given 45 mins (it seems Parkes /Boulger are ok but last resort), we have RDL Pelts James as emergency but if not Morgan with Zak or SSL i think NP will loan a player, we must start the season well

Peltier and De Laet can cover every position in defence. James can apparently slip in when required as well. Morgan, St Ledger and Whitbread I have confidence in at centre half but I still believe we need another centre back, probably on a season-long loan really, just incase. St Ledger went off yesterday and Whitbread does have a record of getting injured.

I can cover at centre back but that doesn't mean i'd be any good at it-peltier can't even stay in position when he plays in his own position, what makes you think he'll be any good at centre half?

I can cover at centre back but that doesn't mean i'd be any good at it-peltier can't even stay in position when he plays in his own position, what makes you think he'll be any good at centre half?

Peltier had no cover at right back. I'm not saying he's any good at centre half, I said he can play there, just like other players in the squad. I've never seen Peltier at centre half for Leicester, but it can be an advantage having a few versatile players within the squad.

I can see us lining up like this in defence next season.

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Konchesky

We could possibly loan another centre back on a short term deal however De Laet can play CB so who knows.

This for me too with Moore at right back should Whitbread/Morgan/De Laet get injured.

SSL injured. Leaves us whitbread and morgan as only out and out first team CB's. I know we have players who can play there but it isn't there primary position. Another CB required or will we be ok with our youth and versatile players as cover?

SSL injured. Leaves us whitbread and morgan as only out and out first team CB's. I know we have players who can play there but it isn't there primary position. Another CB required or will we be ok with our youth and versatile players as cover?

Another CB is required throwing in rookies in the deep end will not be good enough against championship opposition of a high caliber.

I'd say it was a massive concern ZW has averaged 25% starts completed a season due to injury Morgans way too slow, St Ledger is injured and Taft is untested... Not to mention we're leaking more goals in preseason than the Titanic.

Why is everyone saying are young defenders aren't good enough without letting them have a few games in the league?

Our youth team do well every year so why do most people think they can't make the step up?

We should be getting behind any lad who pulls on the shirt and I don't see why Pearson would be getting Taft and the other young lads to play in pre-season games if he thinks that they don't have a chance to cut it in the league one day.

I think this situation is becoming a problem that unless addressed urgently could damage the start of the season. I know Tunch had been injured but we sold/released 3CBs,have another out for at least 8 weeks,and 1 replacement who is STLL unfit ( and has a terrible injury record)Moore prefers RB and if he has to play CB we have no RB cover with the sale of LP.I cannot believe that NP has let this situation arise,even without SSL injury we were short,and with the sale of LP his transfer spending is neutral,CB position is key and I think in this instance he may actually have spend some money to sort it out sooner rather than later :ph34r:

I think this situation is becoming a problem that unless addressed urgently could damage the start of the season. I know Tunch had been injured but we sold/released 3CBs,have another out for at least 8 weeks,and 1 replacement who is STLL unfit ( and has a terrible injury record)Moore prefers RB and if he has to play CB we have no RB cover with the sale of LP.I cannot believe that NP has let this situation arise,even without SSL injury we were short,and with the sale of LP his transfer spending is neutral,CB position is key and I think in this instance he may actually have spend some money to sort it out sooner rather than later :ph34r:

Calm down Deadrie.., we will get a CB patience is the key.

Archived