Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jock2612

Do you think we have a CB problem ?

I have been looking at Taft,Moore,Parkes and Bolger as youth players being given a chance in pre-season,but (hopefully not)if SSL knee is not good and ZW record with injuries ,does any one think any of these capable of stepping up,or should we look to get a loan in ASAP as cover.Wes and ZW could be our only 2 senior CB for the 1st game.

I can see us lining up like this in defence next season.

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Konchesky

We could possibly loan another centre back on a short term deal however De Laet can play CB so who knows.

We've got three good options in Wes/SSL/Whitbread and De Laet can fill in, unless SSL is out long term I don't think we have any real problems. If we do have an injury crisis we can always look at an emergency loan.

Peltier and De Laet can cover every position in defence. James can apparently slip in when required as well. Morgan, St Ledger and Whitbread I have confidence in at centre half but I still believe we need another centre back, probably on a season-long loan really, just incase. St Ledger went off yesterday and Whitbread does have a record of getting injured.

Peltier and De Laet can cover every position in defence. James can apparently slip in when required as well. Morgan, St Ledger and Whitbread I have confidence in at centre half but I still believe we need another centre back, probably on a season-long loan really, just incase. St Ledger went off yesterday and Whitbread does have a record of getting injured.

I suppose alot depends on the results SSL scan today? But I take it people dont think any of the young lads can step up.

Depends on the severity of St Ledger's injury really. I think Moore and Taft could probably play there in the league but being young they will be prone to errors like the penalty last night. May be better to buy one in if it's a bad injury, or loan one in if he'll be out for a couple of months. If it's just a few weeks, i'd play the youngsters

Think it's not that bad, the only problem is St Ledger maybe injured for a while, I just hope it's not serious.

Whitbread is a very good player, but has injury problems.

However De Laet can cover centre back.

We will sell Peltier, so that will leave De Laet and Moore for right-back, and St Ledger, Whitbread and Morgan at centre back.

I believe we need to sign another right-back on loan if Peltier goes, or get a centre back in on loan.

We don't need to bring someone in, we have 3 senior centre backs, some promising youth centrebacks, and cover from fullbacks, if one of our senior centrebacks has a long term injury then we have enough cover to give us time to bring in a loan signing. We do not need a massive squad of 30 odd just to cover every possibility, otherwise we will end up with another waste of space like Ball draining our bank balance.

Definatly we need one or two more, one permanent maybe one loan

we have Morgan, Whitbread (injury prone), Sean St Ledger (out for a number of weeks),De Laet(will be used as wing back), Parkes (not good enough), Boldger (not good enough),

im in panic at the minuite why isnt Pearson getting anyone...??

I like the look of our back line now, no need to add to it I dont think, unless we have an injury issue in which case either dip into the loan market for a couple of months or try the kids, a bit of game time wouldn't hurt the likes of Taft. You only have to look at Moore to see the benefit of using younger players to cover the first team

We don't need to bring someone in, we have 3 senior centre backs, some promising youth centrebacks, and cover from fullbacks, if one of our senior centrebacks has a long term injury then we have enough cover to give us time to bring in a loan signing. We do not need a massive squad of 30 odd just to cover every possibility, otherwise we will end up with another waste of space like Ball draining our bank balance.

:thumbup:

We need another CB, a tough nut CM and after yesterday's bit of business, there's no longer a need for a winger. So, sort out the two positions and my optimism will be running quite high for our promotion hopes this season.

As things stand, the squad is short of two players IMO to make a lasting, competitive promotion push. 46 games takes its toll.

Archived