Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

O'Neill relishing Leicester return - Pre-Match Stuff

Give him a chance. Local Leicester lad and looked solid as a brick when I saw him this pre-season.

Glad he's getting a chance but we really need another established centre back before the start of the season. Hopelessly short of any cover.

Hope that NP has one or two loan signings to finalise over the next few days.

Of course he is THE Leicester city legend of all time. The most successful manager we ever had and probably ever will have.

But his best days as a manager are behind him now. At Villa he did nothing and in my opinion he wont achieve anything with Sunderland either. Celtic don't count ( two horse race ) and it was the Scottish level of football.

I'm not trying to be controversial but the facts speak for themselves , his only success in English football was with us and i'm kind of glad of that.

Did nothing at Villa lol Come off it dude

I think you are trying to be controversial, on the wind up if you will.

In any case Villa were hovering above the relegation zone when he joined and have been since he left, yet were top 6 regulars with him and appeared at Wembley twice. That's just about their limit as a club.

And if 2 successive promotions with a nothing lower-league club isn't success in English football I don't know what is...

And you can say Celtic doesn't count, but the fact of the matter is, as with all his clubs, he got them out of their relative doldrums to achieve their realistic potential, so you can hardly hold it against him just because they're in a shit league.

Did nothing at Villa lol Come off it dude

I think you are trying to be controversial, on the wind up if you will.

In any case Villa were hovering above the relegation zone when he joined and have been since he left, yet were top 6 regulars with him and appeared at Wembley twice. That's just about their limit as a club.

And if 2 successive promotions with a nothing lower-league club isn't success in English football I don't know what is...

And you can say Celtic doesn't count, but the fact of the matter is, as with all his clubs, he got them out of their relative doldrums to achieve their realistic potential, so you can hardly hold it against him just because they're in a shit league.

Only time will tell Dude. I thought Sunderland were piss poor yesterday and speaking to their fans on the way home they are not at all happy with MON.

Only time will tell Dude. I thought Sunderland were piss poor yesterday and speaking to their fans on the way home they are not at all happy with MON.

I think you're flogging a dead horse with this one Flowy. MON has done well wherever he has been. And he had a great season with Sunderland too.

I'm sure they'll punch above their weight this season.

In all fairness flowwolf, I don't think most people on this forum have a bad word to say about MON. He bought so many high points to our club. Admittedly, I don't think he has done as well elsewhere.

Having said that he is still a terrific manager.

In all fairness flowwolf, I don't think most people on this forum have a bad word to say about MON. He bought so many high points to our club. Admittedly, I don't think he has done as well elsewhere.

Having said that he is still a terrific manager.

I can't see this Matty..

Villa were in the doldrums when MON took over.. He led them to being a very established top half club every season he was at the helm.

Celtic are a massive club, in terms of fan base and history. Huge. Look what he did there, at a canter.

Finally, Sunderland.. They were possibly relegation bound when he took over, cos Bruce had lost it. He then took them to safety within a couple of months and they were nearly pushing for Europe. For Christ's sake, any manager that can get Bendtner playing half decent is worth his weight in Gold.

This Sunderland and Villa should be 'top three' nonsense I'm afraid, is just nonsense.

Hang on folks i'm not saying MON is crap far from it . All said was that in terms of success and by that I mean winning trophy's he has not been successful since he left us. I still refuse to count Celtic in that equation for obvious reasons.

Like everyone else on here I think he is my all time favourite manager and gave me my best Leicester city supporting days ever.

However Aston villa fans will beg to differ and as i said speaking to the Sunderland fans on the way home yesterday they were pretty negative as well. I did tell them about our own little fvck off O'Neil antics when he first came here and how he proved us so wrong , And to give him time and he will do well for them. And I really hope he will.

Hang on folks i'm not saying MON is crap far from it . All said was that in terms of success and by that I mean winning trophy's he has not been successful since he left us. I still refuse to count Celtic in that equation for obvious reasons.

Like everyone else on here I think he is my all time favourite manager and gave me my best Leicester city supporting days ever.

However Aston villa fans will beg to differ and as i said speaking to the Sunderland fans on the way home yesterday they were pretty negative as well. I did tell them about our own little fvck off O'Neil antics when he first came here and how he proved us so wrong , And to give him time and he will do well for them. And I really hope he will.

I think he did his best stuff here Flowy but it's all relative isn't it.

He took a club that wasnt in the Prem to amazing feats. Celtic, Villa and Sunderland all started off with him on a higher platform.

That's badly worded I know.

lol

I think his time at Villa is remembered more for the UEFA Cup team selection debacle, rather than the real progress he made there.

They'd spent years fighting it out in mid-table, to finish 6th three years in a row and go close to 4th was a good achievement.

However, he did spend a lot of money and not all of it wisely.

i didnt go was the reception he got good , hope it was a great man who did wonders for our club and imo has done well at every club hes been at.

He didn't really get much of a reception, partly because he wasn't in the dugout in the first half, so I think people were so focused on the game and how we were doing.

What pleased me was that our fans chanted for Pearson rather than focusing more on O'Neill. If O'Neill had his deserved ovation then no problem, but we seemed to lose the sentiment factor and just supported who was on our side :cool:

i didnt go was the reception he got good , hope it was a great man who did wonders for our club and imo has done well at every club hes been at.

He basically didnt get much of one, but i think that was partly to do with the fact he wasnt even in the dug out in the first half, and then just appeared from nowhere about five minutes into the second, and people were a lot more focused on watching the game by the point. Pearson got a better reception than MON did.

Archived