Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

O'Neill relishing Leicester return - Pre-Match Stuff

They seem to think it'l look somthing like this

Mignolet

Elmo O'Shea Cuellar Richardson

Cattermole

Larsson Gardner Colback McLean

Campbell

Subs: Westwood, Kilgallon, Bramble, Meyler, Vaughn, Wickham, Ji

I can see them chucking a couple of youngsters in though, possibly westwood starting in goal too

On a side note what the **** is Martin doing offering £12 million for Fletcher. He should thank his lucky stars they rejected it and move on. He could get Llorente from Bilbao for £15 million!

I thought exactly this. Then again, he did pay 12million for Downing. In the end, I know it proved out to be a good deal as Liverpool brought him for more, but I never thought the was worth that amount, just like I don't think Fletcher is worth 12million either.

Decided to give in and get a ticket in the end even though I'll be going on my own. It'll be good to see MON at the King Power (Can't see him getting anything but a great response, especially as it isn't a competative game) and Waggy against his old club. Hopefully we'll get Whitbread through 90 minutes as well.

I thought exactly this. Then again, he did pay 12million for Downing. In the end, I know it proved out to be a good deal as Liverpool brought him for more, but I never thought the was worth that amount, just like I don't think Fletcher is worth 12million either.

Didn't he pay about £9m for Ashley Young as well? I thought it was extortionate at the time but look at him now.

Didn't he pay about £9m for Ashley Young as well? I thought it was extortionate at the time but look at him now.

Spent quite a lot on Milner as well did he not? Didn't get many wrong.

Spent quite a lot on Milner as well did he not? Didn't get many wrong.

Yep, both of these. Both turned out to be great deals. He made Milner the player he is now, imo, converting him to central midfield.

Of course he is THE Leicester city legend of all time. The most successful manager we ever had and probably ever will have.

But his best days as a manager are behind him now. At Villa he did nothing and in my opinion he wont achieve anything with Sunderland either. Celtic don't count ( two horse race ) and it was the Scottish level of football.

I'm not trying to be controversial but the facts speak for themselves , his only success in English football was with us and i'm kind of glad of that.

Of course he is THE Leicester city legend of all time. The most successful manager we ever had and probably ever will have.

But his best days as a manager are behind him now. At Villa he did nothing and in my opinion he wont achieve anything with Sunderland either. Celtic don't count ( two horse race ) and it was the Scottish level of football.

I'm not trying to be controversial but the facts speak for themselves , his only success in English football was with us and i'm kind of glad of that.

Bit harsh Flowwolf.

It's all relative. At Villa, I don't think they ever finished lower than top ten under MON?

Look what he did at Sunderland last season when they were in complete disarray.

All depends what you define as success.

I wouldn't be at all surprised seeing Sunderland sneak a European spot come the end of next season.

Saying MON did poorly at Villa is like saying that Pearson didn't do well getting us to 5th, it completely ignores the position the club was in when the manager took over and what the realistic expectations of the club were. You only have to look at what has happened to them since to see how good a job he did.

Bit harsh Flowwolf.

It's all relative. At Villa, I don't think they ever finished lower than top ten under MON?

Look what he did at Sunderland last season when they were in complete disarray.

All depends what you define as success.

I wouldn't be at all surprised seeing Sunderland sneak a European spot come the end of next season.

Yeah I know what you mean Col but in terms of size of clubs both Villa and Sunderland should have been the platform for at least a top three place. He managed to get us a top ten finish and win two league cups and three finals and lets be honest we are no where near as big as them. Of course I hope he does the same for Sunderland it's just that I don't think he can cut it with the big clubs.

Yeah I know what you mean Col but in terms of size of clubs both Villa and Sunderland should have been the platform for at least a top three place. He managed to get us a top ten finish and win two league cups and three finals and lets be honest we are no where near as big as them. Of course I hope he does the same for Sunderland it's just that I don't think he can cut it with the big clubs.

Do you not consider Celtic a big club mate?

Uefa cup finalists?

He's one of those rare managers who seems to be able to get the very best out of a squad. I see the same qualities in Paul Lambert - will be interesting to see how Villa fare under him

Totally agree. Lambert does seem to be in the mould of MON in terms of his man management skills.

I very highly rate Nigel Adkins too.

Archived