Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
seventy_times_7

Championship Strikers.

Just wondering what the general opinion was about who would up towards the top of the scoring charts in this seasons championship.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of competition, but it's gotta be Dean Ashton for me. There's plenty of others who could be there or thereabouts though. Johnson and Crouch (should they decide not to move on), Dave Nugent, Dave Kitson, Kenny Miller, Leon McKenzie, Danny Webber, Rob Hulse, Jon Macken, along with a few outsiders such as Elloitt from Hull, Howard from Luton or even Juan Ugarte.

When you start looking at the quality of strikers at other clubs, it brings home how short we are up front. I'm still confident that connolly can do a good job, but he needs a partner in crime.

Anyhow, thoughts on top scorers anyone???

Andrew Johnson if he's still with Palace for me, Ashton will be up there no doubt too.

Wouldn't discount Connolly though, over the last dozen games or so of last season he probably got more than anyone else and Ric Flair has said before that if you take that and put it over the season then it's 28 or 29 goals, which would be more than Ellington i think.

Guest seanfox778

i agree with connolly being up there because it was only two seasons ago he was getting 20+ goals for wimbledon he just needed time to settle

De Vries :D

137305[/snapback]

lol that just took it to a new level

137314[/snapback]

Dark horses Macken and Hulse

otherwise Johnson/Ashton like a lot of others state :mellow:

137331[/snapback]

Agreed :D

However most clubs have one striker who gets all the goals we've got 2 or 3 capable of getting them. Dublin got a few last season despite playing mainly Centre back. Connolly hit form at the right time and De Vries record in Scotlands been good, if he can re-discover that then we're in for a good season methinks. Although I personally am expecting a lot of 1-0's as we seem to be strong at the back on paper.

Ashton and Johnson. Cant see Crouch netting that many.

Dark Horse would be Parkin or Ugarte

137427[/snapback]

The irony being he might be going to Liverpool, wher i cant see him doing any better!

Archived