Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DarynForster

Travel for Charlton

Cost - £18 Adult

£14 U18

-Leaves from the lay by opposite the ground.

-Leaves at 3pm, an hour after Fox Travel.

-Get tickets from the Supporters office opposite the Memorial garden at the West Stand

:thumbup:

But yes, fleckneymike is right, the coach is shit and should only be used as a last resort. lol

yea i tried to gt onfox travel but completely full dont normally use it because my dad isnt going, is there any room on the supporters coach?^

yea i tried to gt onfox travel but completely full dont normally use it because my dad isnt going, is there any room on the supporters coach?^

National Express, all fares are book in advance on the website.

12:30 (Leicester) >> 15:10 (London Victoria) £6.50

13:30 (Leicester) >> 16:20 (London Victoria) £6.50

14:30 (Leicester) >> 17:10 (London Victoria) £6.50

15:30 (Leicester) >> 18:20 (London Victoria) £4.00

23:30 (London Victoria) >> 02:00 (Leicester) £6.50

National Express, all fares are book in advance on the website.

12:30 (Leicester) >> 15:10 (London Victoria) £6.50

13:30 (Leicester) >> 16:20 (London Victoria) £6.50

14:30 (Leicester) >> 17:10 (London Victoria) £6.50

15:30 (Leicester) >> 18:20 (London Victoria) £4.00

23:30 (London Victoria) >> 02:00 (Leicester) £6.50

how far is victoria to ground?

For anyone who is going to travel to London and tube or bus it to a ground more than once it is alot easier and cheaper to get an Oyster card either before you travel or when down there.

They work like pay as you go phones, you top up your credit and go where ever you want and they're capped at the day travel rates so you won't pay more than a travel card but if only making a couple of journeys will pay less.

Your credit won't time out either so a tenner will still be on it next year if you haven't used it all up, also if you run out of credit during a journey.

ie. you touch in at St Pancras and head to Charlton it lets you touch out and when you next get on it you have to top up where it takes out the remamining fare you didn't have credit on for that you used. Top up at stations, newsagents, ticket machines, lots of places.

Far better than paper day travelcards plus you don't look like a lost tourist! :thumbup:

For anyone who is going to travel to London and tube or bus it to a ground more than once it is alot easier and cheaper to get an Oyster card either before you travel or when down there.

They work like pay as you go phones, you top up your credit and go where ever you want and they're capped at the day travel rates so you won't pay more than a travel card but if only making a couple of journeys will pay less.

Your credit won't time out either so a tenner will still be on it next year if you haven't used it all up, also if you run out of credit during a journey.

ie. you touch in at St Pancras and head to Charlton it lets you touch out and when you next get on it you have to top up where it takes out the remamining fare you didn't have credit on for that you used. Top up at stations, newsagents, ticket machines, lots of places.

Far better than paper day travelcards plus you don't look like a lost tourist! :thumbup:

Just had a look at this and does seem much cheaper way of doing this, sorry to be an idiot but what does "£5.00 card deposit mean" i mean when do i get it back?...

Just had a look at this and does seem much cheaper way of doing this, sorry to be an idiot but what does "£5.00 card deposit mean" i mean when do i get it back?...

The card basically costs you a fiver unless you ever want to hand it back in.

When the Oyster card was first issued about ten years ago I think a lot of people threw them away, lost them, etc so TFL put a deposit on them so they didn't have to keep issuing them out to regular travellers.

Once you have one you won't ever go back to the paper day cards but if you never wanted to visit the smoke again you'd hand your card in and get the deposit back.

The card basically costs you a fiver unless you ever want to hand it back in.

When the Oyster card was first issued about ten years ago I think a lot of people threw them away, lost them, etc so TFL put a deposit on them so they didn't have to keep issuing them out to regular travellers.

Once you have one you won't ever go back to the paper day cards but if you never wanted to visit the smoke again you'd hand your card in and get the deposit back.

That sounds like something i'll do then!

I dread to think how some of the posters on here would've coped in the days before the Internet.

They probably asked someone for help and advice, kinda like what has happened here but without the added condescension. :P

Remember we all have to start somewhere.

Archived