Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

getting excited now..

although there have been posts allready about the upcoming season i thought i would add to the collection as i cannot wait for this new season to begin! i think the squad is starting to shape up now with a bunch of young, hungry determined players! saying this, i am still optimistic -but not over confident as there are many good teams in this league now. also i am looking forward to watching a new and improved mark de vries, scoring 2 goals on his first pre season game cant do his confidence any damage! anyway enough rambling, wot does every1 else think?

I think both strikers will bag more and be more consistant, I know you'll probably laugh but i think we have a fair chance at getting in the play offs.  :)

138633[/snapback]

I think we do but we have to be more consistant. And we cant get carried away just because of 1 good friendly results. If we beat Inter by the same scoreline then we can be a bit more confident. However, it looks as if the signings we have made are working and if we get the team playing well every week then we are definitly in with a chance of making the play-offs.

With a Defence seemingly of Gerrbrand, Johansson, Mccarthy and Maybury I think we'll be a rigid hard working side with some installed coolness at the back with Johansson and especially Gerrbrand, also Mccarthy was one of those players last season who enjoyed playing the ball out of the defence rather than hoofing it. Midfield I will reserve judgement on, the left side slightly concerns me that if Wilcox is injured and/or Tiatto doesn't perform or is suspended then that could be our problem area. Certainly from the Bodo match Sylla sounds an exciting player and i'm looking forward to seeing him and Maybury down the right. Up front with both strikers bagging 2 last night and with Dublin yet to play it does look promising, hopefully some of this will be repeated in the league.

Why is everyone on DeVries back? He was injured most of his short time here last season. And it seems nobody remembers the Charlton game. Also i suppose if he doesnt score in the first 5 games the 'so called fans' will start putting him down. We must all remember he is not an out and out goalscorer, 15 if we are extremely lucky! Give the man a chance!

Why is everyone on DeVries back? He was injured most of his short time here last season. And it seems nobody remembers the Charlton game. Also i suppose if he doesnt score in the first 5 games the 'so called fans' will start putting him down. We must all remember he is not an out and out goalscorer, 15 if we are extremely lucky! Give the man a chance!

138738[/snapback]

Correct, everyone should SUPPORT the guy.

138738[/snapback]

No-one's against DeVries for the sake of it.

But, you make the point about his injuries and I'll make the point about his strike rate. He's no bloody good if he's injured and he's no good as a centre-forward if he doesn't score. Could be the two are connected. So let's hope he stays fit and does himself justice.

138738[/snapback]

No-one's against DeVries for the sake of it.

But, you make the point about his injuries and I'll make the point about his strike rate. He's no bloody good if he's injured and he's no good as a centre-forward if he doesn't score. Could be the two are connected. So let's hope he stays fit and does himself justice.

138878[/snapback]

My thoughts too Thracian,

now the friendlies have started and we seem to be scoring im gettin a little more excited by the day, does anyone else feel like this??

138738[/snapback]

I'm not on De Vries's back, and have full faith in him. However, we do need to buy a new striker, as cover for De Vries if he gets injured, or to replace him if he doesn't perform. I've said this many times but I would like to see Pawel Abbott here, 27 goals last season for Huddersfield, which is more than what Parkin, Ugarte and Boyd got.

Archived