Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stockyfox

O Ye of Little Faith!

If we won every match 6-0, we would still get the whingers and moaners saying that we should have scored more or calling for a new manager! Whatever, they would find something to carp about.

The sad fact is that ALL teams may play well and finish up losing and a week later, they don’t play well, yet win – classic example at Blackburn. The Foxes produced one of the finest TEAM performances I have seen in over 60 years of following ‘The City’.

As I travelled back to the station on a service bus, packed with Blackburn fans, they were all saying ‘How did we win that?’ and one chap said in a loud voice ‘That’s the luckiest three points we’ll get this season’.

Well, that’s football. You win some, you lose some and you draw some. The trick is to win more than you lose and keep draws to a minimum. The second trick is to score more goals that the other team (cf Real Madrid v Man City)

So far this season in the Championship, we have 100% record Home (all won) and 100% record Away (all lost) and not many teams can say that!

However, I reckon we have got one of the best squads we have seen in recent years at Leicester and there is real potential for automatic promotion.

But every fan also has a part to play by intimidating the opposition at Home games and at least disturbing their comfort levels Away.

Don’t knock the team and don’t call for the manager to be sacked because there isn’t a perfect manager to be found (apart from Harry!)

So how about it!

If we won every match 6-0, we would still get the whingers and moaners saying that we should have scored more or calling for a new manager! Whatever, they would find something to carp about.

The sad fact is that ALL teams may play well and finish up losing and a week later, they don’t play well, yet win – classic example at Blackburn. The Foxes produced one of the finest TEAM performances I have seen in over 60 years of following ‘The City’.

As I travelled back to the station on a service bus, packed with Blackburn fans, they were all saying ‘How did we win that?’ and one chap said in a loud voice ‘That’s the luckiest three points we’ll get this season’.

Well, that’s football. You win some, you lose some and you draw some. The trick is to win more than you lose and keep draws to a minimum. The second trick is to score more goals that the other team (cf Real Madrid v Man City)

So far this season in the Championship, we have 100% record Home (all won) and 100% record Away (all lost) and not many teams can say that!

However, I reckon we have got one of the best squads we have seen in recent years at Leicester and there is real potential for automatic promotion.

But every fan also has a part to play by intimidating the opposition at Home games and at least disturbing their comfort levels Away.

Don’t knock the team and don’t call for the manager to be sacked because there isn’t a perfect manager to be found (apart from Harry!)

So how about it!

Good points well made, shame they'll fall on deaf ears...

I agreed with everything you said until you described that crooked, tax dodging, twitching, cockney, bagpuss lookalike as a perfect manager. :thumbup:

If people think we're shit now and playing hoof ball boring football they obviously didn't go to many games when we had Bassett, Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson, Holloway and Pearson first time around as manager.

Oh and I agree with MattP re 'arry!

I'm still concern, even though we won.

Our defence looked anything but solid last night and we are very lucky to have won the game. They had some very good chances to score. Also, why do we start so poorly? We should be chomping at the bit at the beginning of games, not waiting until we concede before getting excited.

I say this as a Pearson supporter. But...if we do well against Hull, my faith will be just about fully restored.

We are not fine at home. I can only assume you are not going mate because we are playing pretty cack at home also.

The first half of PBoro and yday was as bad as ive seen since the return of NP.

It was only Schmeicehsl save at the end which gave us the 3 pts.

Alot of work still needs to be done.

It's simple!

Or difficult, however you want to see it.

Many teams are picking up points at home but finding it hard to win away. The teams that get promoted will be those that somehow pick up away wins...

Like Blackburn are at the moment.

We can play well/badly at home and pick up points but if this is not backed up by a few 3 points on the road we will finish outside the play offs.

Archived