Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jugsi

Huddersfield Away - Pre Match

Fist time I've done this! I've been following City since 1956/7 and was at Wembley when they lost all 3 cup finals in the '60's. I now live in Huddersfield and follow Town though City are and will always be my first team (I'll be in the away end on Tuesday)

So Town are playing well and City will have their work cut out. Forest ran Town ragged with quick passing and movement. Within about 30 minutes Huddersfield had dropped Novak into midfield to try and get some grip in midfield but they couldn't. Eventually it was a draw but Forest very unlucky. Against Burnley Town were all over them so don't get too carried away with our win over them.Watch for Norwood and his 30 yard shots. I hope we do it, we can do it but they'll give us a run for our money.Of course if we do lose my life'll be misery.

I would like to see King start for James. And Danns replace James on the bench.

We can beat these. But a point wouldn't be the end of the world. Bring back Danns to the squad (boring but come on Nige, hes done nothing wrong) and get King in for James.

FFS why....... :dunno:

We are beginning to get results playing calm, controlled, possession football and you want to bring in a player who runs around a lot and gives away the ball away for no reason...... :frusty:

You'll be wanting Ritchie back next...... >_<

FFS why....... :dunno:

We are beginning to get results playing calm, controlled, possession football and you want to bring in a player who runs around a lot and gives away the ball away for no reason...... :frusty:

You'll be wanting Ritchie back next...... >_<

Yep, Wellens is still a useful squad player. I never said they had to start.

IF and it's a moderately sized 'if', we play like we did at Blackburn, Huddersfield won't know what's hit them. Those who were at Blackburn will know what I mean. The current squad is full of talent and they are as positive in their approach as I have seen for many a year.

The result against 'Boro was no fluke and quite frankly, I expected no less - even when we conceded first.

Last time we went, in League One, it was the Howard and Fryatt show,This time, it wil be the Leicester City show.

This squad is going up. The Bookies are rarely wrong and they won't be this tine.

It's nice to be in a position where we don't need to win to stay in touch. A draw would do us, however our performances so far suggest we can continue to win and we still haven't got the points our away Gorman deserves.

We need to get a firm grip of the play off places at least over the next few games to ensure we are not forever playing catch up.

Just as an aside I have to attend a meeting in Nottingham all day and my wife is picking me up from there on the way to the match. Should I wear my city top all day or wait till the missus picks me up. Answers on a postcard please (if you get that you're old)

But Danns was awful for a good portion of last season. He is good at running around a lot, but he gives the ball away too often and is reckless in the tackle. That isn't to say that there aren't things he does well. He is good at closing down the opposition and looks for quick forward passes. But we have players who're better than him at doing both.

I didn't see James play yesterday so I'll have to take others' word for his performance. But based on what I've seen of him this season a lot of the previous criticism has been harsh. He doesn't do anything spectacular but his movement means he is always available for the pass and he plays with his head up. I think he's a better player than Danns. In any case I'd want King in for James rather ahead of Danns, and I suspect that's what will happen.

Just as an aside I have to attend a meeting in Nottingham all day and my wife is picking me up from there on the way to the match. Should I wear my city top all day or wait till the missus picks me up. Answers on a postcard please (if you get that you're old)

I always wear my light silver coloured Burrda coat with its City badge clearly emblazoned on the front. Well, when you live in stockport, you just have to with al the United, Man city, Stockport and Macclesfield fans around - and it's surprising that I get a very positive reaction.

'I see your team won again' 'Watched your team on the tele - played well' etc etc

Yep, Wellens is still a useful squad player. I never said they had to start.

Wellens in our current side would be a disaster....... :(

Danns to come on as a sub and contribute heavily to our losing the game, just as he did at Blackburn?...... :dunno:

Because James is awful and Danns deserves a chance.

If you believe that then you had better hope that Specsavers can sort you out, otherwise it is down the LRI for a brain transplant.... :/

Wellens in our current side would be a disaster....... :(

Danns to come on as a sub and contribute heavily to our losing the game, just as he did at Blackburn?...... :dunno:

If you believe that then you had better hope that Specsavers can sort you out, otherwise it is down the LRI for a brain transplant.... :/

How about this for a zany idea Dave?

Drop Marshall ( most admit the lad needs a rest) and play Wellens in the centre of a three man central midfield. Maybe a more advanced Wellens, backed up by the workrate of Drinky and James could do more damage?

Summat a bit like this:

James. Drinky

Wellens

Knocky. Vardy

Nuge

I know you don't like Wellens, but played in this way he could maybe unlock defences?

Just a thought...

How about this for a zany idea Dave?

Drop Marshall ( most admit the lad needs a rest) and play Wellens in the centre of a three man central midfield. Maybe a more advanced Wellens, backed up by the workrate of Drinky and James could do more damage?

Summat a bit like this:

James. Drinky

Wellens

Knocky. Vardy

Nuge

I know you don't like Wellens, but played in this way he could maybe unlock defences?

Just a thought...

It;'s an idea Col, replace Wellens with King and could be interesting :D

It;'s an idea Col, replace Wellens with King and could be interesting :D

That formation might see King in too advanced a position mate? Or maybe not?

I just think Wellens will still have some role to play in the team this season and I've always wondered about him if he has the time on the ball to pick passes. Playing in a slightly more advanced role, backed up by the energy and 'legs' of Drinky and James might give him that time for a bit of creativity?

I've always considered Wellens as an excellent passer of the ball, he's always been a little to deep to do serious damage IMO.

That formation might see King in too advanced a position mate? Or maybe not?

I just think Wellens will still have some role to play in the team this season and I've always wondered about him if he has the time on the ball to pick passes. Playing in a slightly more advanced role, backed up by the energy and 'legs' of Drinky and James might give him that time for a bit of creativity?

I've always considered Wellens as an excellent passer of the ball, he's always been a little to deep to do serious damage IMO.

Me too mate in his prime absolute quality on the ball just the fitness question mark that worries me, the thought of King in the hole making those great runs, and let's face it he is our most acomplished finisher percentage wise, could be a revelation and give Marshall a prod because he can be so exciting as we know!

Me too mate in his prime absolute quality on the ball just the fitness question mark that worries me, the thought of King in the hole making those great runs, and let's face it he is our most acomplished finisher percentage wise, could be a revelation and give Marshall a prod because he can be so exciting as we know!

You're probably right mate. I do think Ben looks like he needs a breather. King may well be an ideal replacement.

Archived