Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Loanee Watch 2012/13

Jermaine Beckford - 29/12/2012 OS

Tom Hopper - Bury - 13/10/2013 OS

Paul Gallagher - Sheffield Utd - 10/10/2012 OS

Pierre Larrauri - C. F. Pachuca Mexico - May 2013 OS

Cian Bolger - Bristol Rovers - Jan 2012 OS

Went to Sheffield United vs Notts County yesterday and was expecting more from Gallgher to be honest.

I think technically he's Premier League standard but there are other aspects that prevent him from reaching that level. I certainly think he's far too good for League One but he didn't show it yesterday as I thought he might. He showed for the ball plenty of times and there were a lot of apologies going his way from other players after they'd not given him the ball in situations where they perhaps should have, and he had a couple of opportunities where he could/should have scored. But apart from that he blended in to a standard of football that really wasn't very impressive and cut a bit of a frustrated figure.

So, in conclusion, on that evidence we're not missing much. It just made me realise how far we've come in just three/four years.

SHEFFIELD United are poised to hold high level talks with Leicester City over extending Paul Gallagher’s stay at Bramall Lane, The Star understands.

The 28-year-old forward, who can be deployed on either flank or up front, is set to make his penultimate Blades appearance at Leyton Orient this weekend.

Signed initially on a one-month loan deal from the Championship promotion contenders, Gallagher’s short-term contract expires after the trip to Notts County in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy next Wednesday.

Gallagher, capped once by Scotland, has started five times since moving to United on a temporary basis, contributing two assists and a goal.

He scored in the dying minutes at Hartlepool United in midweek to extend the Blades’ unbeaten run in League One to 10 matches.

United manager Danny Wilson has said he would like to retain Gallagher’s services, although he has stressed there is no rush over finalising his contractual situation.

Gallagher has helped fill the midfield void left by Stephen Quinn, who joined Hull City just before the August transfer deadline.

Of his match-winning strike at Victoria Park, Gallagher said: “I always knew I could score goals.

“I have been desperate to get on the scoresheet. I hope it is the first of many.”

He added: “But it isn’t about me achieving personal targets; it is about the team winning and thankfully we achieved that at Hartlepool.”

Eh up, Hopper has got another one. One for the future that lad?? Although I guess we have Schupp who is struggling to break into our team.

With the money our club has got Its very unlikely he will get much of a look in. It's a shame but its how it is.

With the money our club has got Its very unlikely he will get much of a look in. It's a shame but its how it is.

Don't buy that. If he's good enough, he'll play. Like Liam Moore is establishing himself as a key member of our squad.

Granted, there's more competition upfront but he'll get chances if Nige thinks he's ready.

Archived