Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
savillefoxes

Beckford

Not really the point is it, we're top in spite of Waghorn not because of him.

No you're missin the point. Teams that go up amd are successfull are often so because of the strength of the team spirit. Waggy is a part of the squad that is getting the success on the pitch. He is very much a part of our being top. There's more to the hole picture than just scoring goals (and i'm sure that will follow).

No you're missin the point. Teams that go up amd are successfull are often so because of the strength of the team spirit. Waggy is a part of the squad that is getting the success on the pitch. He is very much a part of our being top. There's more to the hole picture than just scoring goals (and i'm sure that will follow).

I do love this theory that he is playing well, but not scoring, as I've said previously in another thread, granted I've missed last Saturdays game for which he is getting mixed reviews (which is quite good for Waggy) the only thing I've seen him do of any note is square a ball for Nugent at Huddersfield and I'm not convinced he meant that.

I do love this theory that he is playing well, but not scoring, as I've said previously in another thread, granted I've missed last Saturdays game for which he is getting mixed reviews (which is quite good for Waggy) the only thing I've seen him do of any note is square a ball for Nugent at Huddersfield and I'm not convinced he meant that.

I'll make the point again that we are where we are, not because every single player in the squad is playing incredibly well, (Vardy, Waghorn, Marshall, Dyer, RDL) but because every player involved is finally on the same page. Work for each other, intend the best and success will follow. This is whats happening at the moment and i'd prefer to see Waghorn, Vardy or whoever it is, get a 4/10 in the player ratings and be sitting on top of the league than have Beckford score a rasper and look every inch the player we hoped for every 5 or 6 games and be 13th.

You do come across as a fan who is pleased to be shouting TOP OF THE LEAGUE lol through gritted teeth, whilst trying to find negatives mate?

Why not give Waggy a chance? It's difficult being a striker coming into a side on a piecemeal basis. Don't all strikers need a decent run in any side to gain their form?

I'd play Vardy all day long, but as Pearson has always said, any success this season is going to be a squad effort.

I'll make the point again that we are where we are, not because every single player in the squad is playing incredibly well, (Vardy, Waghorn, Marshall, Dyer, RDL) but because every player involved is finally on the same page. Work for each other, intend the best and success will follow. This is whats happening at the moment and i'd prefer to see Waghorn, Vardy or whoever it is, get a 4/10 in the player ratings and be sitting on top of the league than have Beckford score a rasper and look every inch the player we hoped for every 5 or 6 games and be 13th.

Abso fookin lutely!

:thumbup:

We are ultimatley where we are for a number of reasons not just because there is harmony in the squad which granted there does seem to be.

Waghorn is not good enough, he has not been good enough since he missed that pen against Cardiff years ago and your attitude that we can carry a player not doing the job with no confidence who can't hit a barn door, just because he fits in with the team and we are top is counter productive. We'd be better going out and getting someone who would fit in and might actually chip in with the the odd goal or good performance and give Vardy some competition (Not Beckford).

I do hate this we can't possibly improve because we are top of the league attitude, not good.

We are ultimatley where we are for a number of reasons not just because there is harmony in the squad which granted there does seem to be.

Waghorn is not good enough, he has not been good enough since he missed that pen against Cardiff years ago and your attitude that we can carry a player not doing the job with no confidence who can't hit a barn door, just because he fits in with the team and we are top is counter productive. We'd be better going out and getting someone who would fit in and might actually chip in with the the odd goal or good performance and give Vardy some competition (Not Beckford).

I do hate this we can't possibly improve because we are top of the league attitude, not good.

Nobody is saying we cant improve. This is the Beckford thread and we're talking about Waghorn instead of Beckford.

Of course if the right man can come in and do a job, thats great but it has to be the right man and not just anyone who appears they could do a job. They have to fit in. A happy camp can be disrupted so easily which is why historically (and not just at Leicester), if a player regardless of the talent is rocking the boat, they are out.

Nobody is saying we cant improve. This is the Beckford thread and we're talking about Waghorn instead of Beckford.

Of course if the right man can come in and do a job, thats great but it has to be the right man and not just anyone who appears they could do a job. They have to fit in. A happy camp can be disrupted so easily which is why historically (and not just at Leicester), if a player regardless of the talent is rocking the boat, they are out.

One of many lol

I agree, just posts like "we're first with Waghorn in the squad" slightly grating as I say it's in spite of not because of.

Not as grating as I find the constant Waghorn bashing.

Yeah but he's not good enough lol, its debatable whether he is good enough for the Championship full stop but considering where we are trying to get to he just isn't whats required sad fact of life, obviously he's got my full support whenever he pulls on a Leicester City shirt but he's just not up a top half Championship striker, and we were to go up he'd been even further out of his depth.

I don't recall Beckford being about 5 yards in front of goal with an empty net?

My abiding view of him is a player who didn't have the bottle to put his head on the ball - on the line - for a definite goal because he knew he'd be clattered.

Waghorn has started 1 game and come on as sub in a number of victories. You're overreacting.

Archived