Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
savillefoxes

Beckford

Complete sense. Unfortunately, those that wish to moan will moan regardless of sense.

Oh and i've just seen his goal on the FLS and its not better than either of Knocky's against Boro.

Against Huddersfield you mean, but yes your right.

Quality strike, well done Beckford.

Who needs him we've got Waghorn firing blanks for us. In all seriousness, what the **** is Waghorn doing anywhere near our team.

Good day out today, and if we're still top next year and Waghorn keeps missing, I won't care.

It does seem rather odd that we send a reasonably talented player out on loan, yet keep hold of another whose speciality is ballooning the ball a mile over the bar.

I'm guessing the reason is to do with attitude. Beckford plays when he's in the mood, whereas Waghorn is a workhorse, a "tryer".

All I know is, whenever I've seen the two play live, Beckford looks a threat. The only threat I've seen Waghorn pose is to the people sitting in Row Z

Couldn't care less if hes doing it for Huddersfield, we've washed our hands with him.

As others have already pointed out, we're top of the league and we're an impressive team now.

To me, its a case of Waghorn playing for the team, and Beckford playing for himself.

I dont think Waggy is our answer to goals, but Pearson has got this one right IMO.

It does seem rather odd that we send a reasonably talented player out on loan, yet keep hold of another whose speciality is ballooning the ball a mile over the bar.

I'm guessing the reason is to do with attitude. Beckford plays when he's in the mood, whereas Waghorn is a workhorse, a "tryer".

All I know is, whenever I've seen the two play live, Beckford looks a threat. The only threat I've seen Waghorn pose is to the people sitting in Row Z

It doesn't seem odd at all. Why do people ignore the fact Beckford ASKED to leave. Prior to him deciding he wanted to go he was ahead of Waghorn in the pecking order.

Secondly the number of times I've seen Beckford lovers bang on about Beckford needing a run in the team to start scoring. Yet Waghorn gets lambasted after what was probably his second or third start in his preferred position in over a year.

It doesn't seem odd at all. Why do people ignore the fact Beckford ASKED to leave. Prior to him deciding he wanted to go he was ahead of Waghorn in the pecking order.

Secondly the number of times I've seen Beckford lovers bang on about Beckford needing a run in the team to start scoring. Yet Waghorn gets lambasted after what was probably his second or third start in his preferred position in over a year.

Maybe "odd" was the wrong choice of word. I'll settle for "unfortunate".

In the past there's been a fair few Waggy lovers banging on about him needing a run in the team to start scoring. Yet every time I've seen him he looks like he couldn't hit the side of a barn and I can't see that improving any time soon. For the most part, he's been a very expensive substitute.

Probably best to offload both of them and get someone with a good work ethic and who can stick the bloody thing in the net on a consistent basis. Can't be that hard surely....

Why did we have to hand him over to a team who will be near and around us this season, we should have sent him to a lower league side. We did the same thing with DJ Campbell and Blackpool and they nicked the last play off place a few years ago. What is the logic in helping a team which we could do with losing each week, they're banging on the door of the top 2! I appreciate that this isn't a time for moaning but we just never seem to learn.

Why did we have to hand him over to a team who will be near and around us this season, we should have sent him to a lower league side. We did the same thing with DJ Campbell and Blackpool and they nicked the last play off place a few years ago. What is the logic in helping a team which we could do with losing each week, they're banging on the door of the top 2! I appreciate that this isn't a time for moaning but we just never seem to learn.

Neither do the people who bring up DJ Campbell because it meant nothing to us in any shape or form.

Him being at Hudds is ok by me as we can help them best our rivals and then take him off them again in Jan. The situation needs reviewing then as it might not be smart if things are so close in Jan, for now it matters not.

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

We are currently TOP of the division. Waggy is our player. Beckford is currently at Uddersfield.

Why can't you get behind OUR player and stop going on about fookin Beckford!

For all those donkeys who keep banging on about Pearson not being able to manage big names, well Beckford, like Mills was shite under Sven too!

Get over Beckford for fooks sake and get behind what the manager is trying to do. Did you not hear his post match interview?..... He was very happy at the TEAM performance... Beckford is and never has been a TEAM player. He plays for Beckford.. No one else.

They wont be anywhere near us come the run in. They just dont have the strength in depth required to challenge consistantly for the season.

He scores goals and Pearson may look to bring him back.

If we're still doing well, or better than Huddersfield, I reckon the temptation of a promotion fight might be enough for Beckford to come back and start doing it for us.

You have a point. However lets say if Huddersfield are still 3rd come January and Becks is still scoring, surely something has to be done

Yeah, we tell them to pay us £4 million or he sits in our reserves.

Has nobody noticed how much better we play when he is not in the team?

Yeah, we tell them to pay us £4 million or he sits in our reserves.

Has nobody noticed how much better we play when he is not in the team?

We NEVER lose.

We are currently TOP of the division. Waggy is our player. Beckford is currently at Uddersfield.

For all those donkeys who keep banging on about Pearson not being able to manage big names, well Beckford, like Mills was shite under Sven too!

Get over Beckford for fooks sake and get behind what the manager is trying to do. Did you not hear his post match interview?..... He was very happy at the TEAM performance... Beckford is and never has been a TEAM player. He plays for Beckford.. No one else.

Totally Col, he didn't fit, didn't produce and more importantly he didn't want to be here. The only thing I care about regarding him is that he does score goals at Udders and them or someone else comes in and we recoup some of our money for NP to buy a player or players who want to play for us!

As a city fan living in Huddersfield (both sons are Terriers, I'm afraid) I have to say that Beckford tore Wolves apart yesterday.His work rate was phenomenal and his goal one of the best seen by a Town player in years. That said it does appear to be the 'Simon Grayson factor' at work as he was certainly never this impressive or motivated at City. Hopefully a permanent deal in January that suits both clubs. Apparently City pulled out of the original deal as they suddenly decided that they wanted £5million for JB, no doubt on the back of Town receiving £8million for Jordan Rhodes from sad old Blackburn. I think about £2 m for JB in January will suit both clubs nicely.

Before he costs us promotion with Ipswich.

Exactly, if Huddersfield get promoted through the play-offs it will be Pearsons fault for not keeping Beckford on the bench all season, ruining moral and training with his wantaway passion just because we didn't want to pay his wages.

Good post Col. Makes me laugh when people slag players off when they're here but then when they move and play well it's like we should've never got rid. Some players just don't fit into managers tactics and philosophies. Good luck to beckford in the future but let's just get behind our boys

People are forgetting the fact that Beckford didnt want to play for Leicester anymore.

Exactly, Pearson had Beckford top of the pecking order beginning of the season but Nugent who was on the bench worked for his place and has become our best striker again this season. We all know deep down Beckford on his day can be the best striker at the club, but for every great performance is 10 bad performances. He asked for a transfer and ever since his departure we have over taken Huddersfield gone top of the league and finally become consistent

Archived