Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
savillefoxes

Beckford

Make sure you watch the football league show for his goal, you won't see a better one this weekend

Him and Vaughan are some partnership. Just gutted that we were missing 4 of our better players when we played you or we might be top now :whistle:

I saw it on sky sports news... a good goal yes, but far from goal of the season!

Make sure you watch the football league show for his goal, you won't see a better one this weekend

Him and Vaughan are some partnership. Just gutted that we were missing 4 of our better players when we played you or we might be top now :whistle:

Sure both Knockeart's goals the other week were still better

They are our promotion rivals as things stand. We have to recall him at earliest opportunity.

A couple of days before we play them again I think his loan finishes. He doesn't want to play for us and didn't do well when he did so we should see if they want to buy him. Him scoring goals for them is only a good thing because if he is shit there we're stuck with him for a couple more years.

I've needed no convincing that Beckford can score goals and spectacular ones at that - he has a particular ability to get shots in early and when they're not expected. But none of that made him right for Leicester. He just didn't fit into the team. Whether that was to do with him or others doesn't matter, it just wasn't going to happen any more than it was going to happen with DJ Campbell. If we get the chance to recoup our losses on the bloke the sooner we do it the better.

I've needed no convincing that Beckford can score goals and spectacular ones at that - he has a particular ability to get shots in early and when they're not expected. But none of that made him right for Leicester. He just didn't fit into the team. Whether that was to do with him or others doesn't matter, it just wasn't going to happen any more than it was going to happen with DJ Campbell. If we get the chance to recoup our losses on the bloke the sooner we do it the better.

When did you start talking sense?

cough up the £10m and you can have him permo.

Can we once and for all put an end to this Beckford nonsense?

Just because he's scored 2 goals for Huddersfield, when we're top of the league I'm hearing people talking about recalling him and how we should never have let him go! This team, the one that's sitting 1st, is not the team that contained Beckford. This team is dynamic, it works hard for each other, it passes and moves well. For too long we were carrying Beckford and look at the upturn in fortunes since he has gone.

As I've said before, I don't care what he does for anyone else that he plays for for the rest of time. The fact remains that he couldn't do that for Leicester. It's there in black and white in his stats in a Leicester shirt, it's there in black and white in how we're now top of the league having underperformed with him in the side for a year and it's there in the fact that Nigel Pearson, the man who has so blantantly rid us of the deadwood and built something to give us hope, has decided that Beckford was surplus to requirements.

That people choose to look at what did pre-LCFC and what he's now doing post-LCFC to make a case for him to be here beggars belief. The guy's not neccessarily a poor player but it's indisputable that he wasn't good enough for us, and never was going to be. Sometimes it's like that, it's a shame, but the sensible thing to do is to move on and make sure that when it's not happening that you don't stick with it for too long. In many ways we did, but let's just be thankful that Beckford's gone and everyone looks in better shape for it.

If you can't accept that, and the crime of Leicester City letting Beckford go is too great for you, then go and follow his career and whoever he's playing for. If not then quit moaning about what's gone before and support those who are playing for the club rather than harping on about what we could/should have done.

Just because he's scored 2 goals for Huddersfield, when we're top of the league I'm hearing people talking about recalling him and how we should never have let him go! This team, the one that's sitting 1st, is not the team that contained Beckford. This team is dynamic, it works hard for each other, it passes and moves well. For too long we were carrying Beckford and look at the upturn in fortunes since he has gone.

As I've said before, I don't care what he does for anyone else that he plays for for the rest of time. The fact remains that he couldn't do that for Leicester. It's there in black and white in his stats in a Leicester shirt, it's there in black and white in how we're now top of the league having underperformed with him in the side for a year and it's there in the fact that Nigel Pearson, the man who has so blantantly rid us of the deadwood and built something to give us hope, has decided that Beckford was surplus to requirements.

That people choose to look at what did pre-LCFC and what he's now doing post-LCFC to make a case for him to be here beggars belief. The guy's not neccessarily a poor player but it's indisputable that he wasn't good enough for us, and never was going to be. Sometimes it's like that, it's a shame, but the sensible thing to do is to move on and make sure that when it's not happening that you don't stick with it for too long. In many ways we did, but let's just be thankful that Beckford's gone and everyone looks in better shape for it.

If you can't accept that, and the crime of Leicester City letting Beckford go is too great for you, then go and follow his career and whoever he's playing for. If not then quit moaning about what's gone before and support those who are playing for the club rather than harping on about what we could/should have done.

Complete sense. Unfortunately, those that wish to moan will moan regardless of sense.

Oh and i've just seen his goal on the FLS and its not better than either of Knocky's against Boro.

Good post that.

Archived